Other games

Park Life

he says that but he fucking has like they've spent something like £140m since 08 when he took over from ramos

spent 15m on defoe, 10m on VdV, 8m on bassong

(nevermind keane, pavlechenko, bentley, gomes, palacios who were all 10m or more)

edit > in fairness it just doesn't get brought up because they brought a load in from sales like the keane>liverpool fiasco and berbatov to the mancs etc

I said the same last week, he spent 45mil just on Palacious, Keane and Defoe!

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mackems always have to spoil it for themselves! A good win last night and universal praise and I wake up to a twitter feed of 'FTM, Are you watching Newcastle, Top Dogs' etc...

Just enjoy it man :lol:

Exactly!

Would be class if O'Neill became the next England manager too.

What was the crowd at Sunderland yesterday? I was expecting them to get close to a full house, on a great run, potentially cracking 5th round tie against Arsenal. Couldn't believe the amount of empty seats. More empties than Man City. Very poor support. The only bit that looked full was the Arsenal section, who brought a creditable 4,200.

So less than 22,000 Sunderland fans for a 5th round cup tie against Arsenal when the club are having a great run of results under a new manager.

Everton had 38,000, Chelsea managed 37,000 and Norwich had almost 27,000.

Shocking turnout by Sunderland, and I'm genuinely surprised at just how poor that is

he says that but he fucking has like they've spent something like £140m since 08 when he took over from ramos

spent 15m on defoe, 10m on VdV, 8m on bassong

(nevermind keane, pavlechenko, bentley, gomes, palacios who were all 10m or more)

edit > in fairness it just doesn't get brought up because they brought a load in from sales like the keane>liverpool fiasco and berbatov to the mancs etc

Your edit is the significant thing.

You've forgotten that he wasn't there in the summer they signed Bentley etc. They are all Ramos' signings.

Also, Portsmouth owed Spurs a lot of money so Defoe didn't cost Spurs that much (same with Kaboul). They simply made their money back on Keane too.

Of course he's been supported with some funds, but he's not spent lavishly compared to the clubs around them at least. Ally's point is unfair on him, basically.

At the end of the day, they're still in the cup like. We look a bit fucking daft calling them out over the attendance. We'd be having a good laugh at them doing it if the tables were turned.

So we shouldn't talk about it? I've heard read fans of other clubs (both in and out of the competition) talking about it. It's a talking point. Has nothing to do with what club we support.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

At the end of the day, they're still in the cup like. We look a bit fucking daft calling them out over the attendance. We'd be having a good laugh at them doing it if the tables were turned.

So we shouldn't talk about it? I've heard read fans of other clubs (both in and out of the competition) talking about it. It's a talking point. Has nothing to do with what club we support.

I couldn't give a shite what you talk about. I'm just telling you that you look daft.

No we don't, its a shit attendance and it needs to be highlighted.

When Mourinho takes over we'll be doing well to get 22,000 in to watch the shite he'll be serving up.

At the end of the day, they're still in the cup like.  We look a bit fucking daft calling them out over the attendance.  We'd be having a good laugh at them doing it if the tables were turned.

Aye, a similar non-show to our performance against Brighton in the last round tbh :razz:

That I think you're wrong to call others "fucking daft" for talking about it? Can I only argue in defence of points that I've actually made myself?

As long as you accept that it makes you a boring, argumentative cunt.

To be fair, you talking about their attendance is actually a step up from saying you wouldn't want Mourinho here. So you stick at it.

You talk utter shite most of the time mate, 30,000+ posts of its as well.

And yet you've managed to eclipse me in just 236 posts.