Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Sky Sports: According to hospital release, Muamba is in stable condition. Wonderful news.

Unbelievable news. To put this into perspective only 8% of people of people who receive CPR outside of a hospital setting survive. God bless those paramedics, and thoughts are with Muamba and his family tonight.

Times like this really brings some sub-human scum from under their rocks. I'm sure some on twitter etc try to be "cool" and "funny" but sick racist comments about a bloke fighting for his life as his son sits at home deserve to be highlighted and those responsible kicked to fuck.

That aside, relieved to hear he is stable but reckon that's his short career over. Sad.

BBC haven't reported anything about him being ok yet. Hope Sky haven't jumped the gun here.

I thought exactly that, seems quite strange especially when they're running a 'live' update page. Fingers cross for the guy

BBC haven't reported anything about him being ok yet. Hope Sky haven't jumped the gun here.

I thought exactly that, seems quite strange especially when they're running a 'live' update page. Fingers cross for the guy

Think they abandoned that when the game was abandoned.

Guest CabayeAye

So happy to hear he's still alive. Thought he might be a goner. Recieving defibrilation is always last chance saloon stuff. Also hoping that the fact he recieved very swift and effective CPR should mean he has no lasting brain injury.

Thoughts to his family, and really hope he pulls through and makes a full recovery.

Of course stable is better than unstable but most victims of cardiac arrest suffer profound neurological damage as the brain is starved of oxygen even if they do get the heart started again. Obviously guessing but he's probably sedated on a ventilator atm. I'd wait til they turn the sedation off in a day or two before getting too optimistic.

As Cath says out of hospital arrests have a dire prognosis, but with expert bystander CPR he's got the best chance given the circumstances. We've had a couple of patients on ICU recently where their relatives commenced CPR as soon as they collapsed and they've made decent neurological recoveries.

Of course stable is better than unstable but most victims of cardiac arrest suffer profound neurological damage as the brain is starved of oxygen even if they do get the heart started again. Obviously guessing but he's probably sedated on a ventilator atm. I'd wait til they turn the sedation off in a day or two before getting too optimistic.

As Cath says out of hospital arrests have a dire prognosis, but with expert bystander CPR he's got the best chance given the circumstances. We've had a couple of patients on ICU recently where their relatives commenced CPR as soon as they collapsed and they've made decent neurological recoveries.

Do they do post-arrest cooling at your place Luke? We've had some decent outcomes from it.