Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Therapeutic cooling is a treatment to attempt to protect the brain from what I was talking about in my post. It's as simple as it sounds - you cool the patient (sedated and ventilated of course) down from a normal body temperature of 37 degrees C to between 32-34 degrees by a variety of methods, and maintain them at this low temperature for 24 hours. It makes the brain less active, reduces its need for oxygen and prevents it from swelling. It's been show to significantly improve neurological outcomes following arrests, however overall picture is still poor - patients are frequently just down for too long.

Yes Cath, we do, including for the two patients I mentioned in my post. Both had downtimes (time without heart beating) of at least 20 minutes as well.

Is the game still on? ffs! call it off.

if he had died you may be right but whilst he's still fighting it would be wrong to call the game off imo. A show of solidarity and support at SJP is the answer

Is the game still on? ffs! call it off.

if he had died you may be right but whilst he's still fighting it would be wrong to call the game off imo. A show of solidarity and support at SJP is the answer

Just thinking of the mindset of the players who might know him or come across the lad previously. That be all.

Edited by @yourservice

Thinking of him most definitely, but there's no way the game should be called off - our game that is.

Edited by OTF

Shefki goal for oldham yesterday

Not a bad effort, reckon he scuffs it and gets a bit of luck though!

You might be right, but i see it as a very good strike. Good bodyshape when he hit it..................... Good Tekkers!!

Just heard on the radio they didn't get return of spontaneous circulation (his heart beating on its own) for 2 hours. I think he's fucked tbh, poor kid, 23 is no age. :(

Doesn't sound good at all. Praying for a miracle - horrible, horrible situation. :(

Just noticed Kilmarnock beat Celtic in the League cup final - a lad I work with was going up for this so he'll be fucking ecstatic (and I doubt he'll deal with any of my helpdesk requests tomorrow).

Kilmarnock player's dad has a heart attack after watching his son and his team beat Celtic to win the Scottish Cup - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17423952

Im still bewildered as to how we let wolves take a point away, they are definitely relegated this year if they keep up these performances

Yeah, it's a weird one. Psychologically, it might have been a strange one for the Wolves players what with the managerial change at the time. If we played them now though I reckon we'd win comfortably, they have no confidence or shape.

In the chaos of yesterday everyone missed the fact that Fat Sam has managed to let West Ham slip out of the automatic promotion places

:lol:

would make my year if they didn't get promoted...their team is ridiculously good on paper