Other games

Park Life

With so many defenders injured or banned hopefully they rest the others that can play in the final against us.

I cant see it, they play 3 games between us and the final

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a depleted first 11 they will be slaughtered by Real in the final.

For us, let's beat Wigan first or none of it will matter.

You're doing a very good Bayern Munich side a huge disservice right there. Not sure why some think it's a foregone conclusion that Real will overcome their deficit and go through to the final.

To be honest, I enjoyed seeing someone finally beat Barcelona. Even the best team in the world can't win that cup three times in a row. That aside though, while it's a blow for our Champs League hopes, we can't seriously see Chelsea with half of their first team out or suspended overcoming Real Madrid can we? Bayern might be a different story though. As long as they don't win the final, this is actually a better scenario for us than if they lost. Might keep our lads focused too, knowing that they could lose Europe altogether.

The difference with real and bayern is that they won't fuck about like barca.

They can and do score in different ways through different players.

To be honest, I enjoyed seeing someone finally beat Barcelona. Even the best team in the world can't win that cup three times in a row. That aside though, while it's a blow for our Champs League hopes, we can't seriously see Chelsea with half of their first team out or suspended overcoming Real Madrid can we? Bayern might be a different story though. As long as they don't win the final, this is actually a better scenario for us than if they lost. Might keep our lads focused too, knowing that they could lose Europe altogether.

Yup.

Agreed with this, add to that if its Bayern, they play AT THEIR HOME GROUND.

MT, relax - it will be fine :)

Chelsea defense looks canny for the final:

Luiz an Cahill injured, Terry suspended, Ivanovic suspended, also meireles and ramires out and possibly mikel as well.

Anyone else I am forgetting?

Ronaldo and Benzema looking at their defensive lineup

a2172193-51-laughing%20monkey.gif?d=1226752277

Didnt cech pick up a yellow as well for time wasting?

Eh? If the national team got to a final the whole country would be going berserk, regardless of how much we slag off most of the squad

Final vs France with Cabaye and Ben Arfa starting for them, who would you support?

Perhaps even Debauchy if he is here by then ;)

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Honestly I don't think I'd get that excited if England managed to actually go somewhere in a tournament. I just have no connection to them at all - I want them to do well but emotionally I'm just not that bothered. The loss against Germany didn't affect me. Whether my interest levels would increase if England made the semis/final, I don't know. I wouldn't be in tears if we lost either way, that I'm sure of.

Sad, unpatriotic, a shame, call it what you will.

What utter, utter despicable cunts Chelsea are.

Drogba should've been sent off for his 7 minutes of simulation. Disgraceful.

Now I have to pay this cunt at work 20 quid because he was saying Chelsea would beat Barca and a few of us took him up on it. :angry2:

Honestly I don't think I'd get that excited if England managed to actually go somewhere in a tournament. I just have no connection to them at all - I want them to do well but emotionally I'm just not that bothered. The loss against Germany didn't affect me. Whether my interest levels would increase if England made the semis/final, I don't know. I wouldn't be in tears if we lost either way, that I'm sure of.

Sad, unpatriotic, a shame, call it what you will.

I was in China when the World Cup was going on, and I stayed up till 4am to watch England play Algeria. I stopped following England after that - so I can relate to this.

I don't quite understand it though. Years ago I cared a lot about the national side. I'd go see them at Wembley etc. Euro 96 was hard to take for a 9 year old who'd not long been into football. Think I lost interest from 2002 onwards.

Either way my passion for NUFC has always obliterated my alliegiances or interests in any other team. I would absolutely take Newcastle winning the league over England winning the World Cup.