Other games

Park Life

Fat Sam didn't have the decency to walk away when it was obvious he was taking us nowhere. Playing for a draw at home to Derby ffs. I don't suppose that little nugget will register with you but in my opinion I expect more from a manager than that.

He screwed the club for every penny he could too, something that Ruud Gullit was man enough not to take. At least when Gullit knew he couldn't do it, he walked away with his head held high and will always have the respect of this city for it.

Fat Sam scuttled off rubbing his fat little hands. He's a small time manager.

Mmm... I love the smell of sour grapes.. :aussie: Fact is, you lot haven't had the decency to give ANYONE a proper go at running your club since that tawdry business with Sir Bobby Robson - despite the passion evident within your fan base, the people who run the upstairs couldn't give a flying fart for the football club, except when it occasionally threatens to do well: at which point all the oily barstewards come out to bask in the reflected glory.

So it doesn't really matter what you say about our current manager, your track record (in fact your long history) is one of no success, no continuity, no strategy for change and no chance of doing any better until you choose the right management team and stick by them through the inevitable thick and thin that is football for more than the time it takes to re-seed your over-rated dosy pitch.

The rottenness of NUFC is plain for all to see, from top to bottom and there is no way that even ALS himself can do anything to change that in the short term. So if I were you, I'd save my energy for getting behind your ragbag of overpaid / undertalented 'stars' and hanging onto your bollux for the next three weeks as you either fade weakly into Premiership history or roar proudly into the possibilities of another season in the top flight. Personally I would like to think your team has the conjones to survive and to become a real force again, but then again, what do I know - a Rovers fan all my life and a football referee for 23 years!

Good luck this evening, you bad tempered geordie girl.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fat Sam didn't have the decency to walk away when it was obvious he was taking us nowhere. Playing for a draw at home to Derby ffs. I don't suppose that little nugget will register with you but in my opinion I expect more from a manager than that.

He screwed the club for every penny he could too, something that Ruud Gullit was man enough not to take. At least when Gullit knew he couldn't do it, he walked away with his head held high and will always have the respect of this city for it.

Mmm... I love the smell of sour grapes.. :aussie: Fact is, you lot haven't had the decency to give ANYONE a proper go at running your club since that tawdry business with Sir Bobby Robson - despite the passion evident within your fan base, the people who run the upstairs couldn't give a flying fart for the football club, except when it occasionally threatens to do well: at which point all the oily barstewards come out to bask in the reflected glory.

So it doesn't really matter what you say about our current manager, your track record (in fact your long history) is one of no success, no continuity, no strategy for change and no chance of doing any better until you choose the right management team and stick by them through the inevitable thick and thin that is football for more than the time it takes to re-seed your over-rated dosy pitch.

The rottenness of NUFC is plain for all to see, from top to bottom and there is no way that even ALS himself can do anything to change that in the short term. So if I were you, I'd save my energy for getting behind your ragbag of overpaid / undertalented 'stars' and hanging onto your bollux for the next three weeks as you either fade weakly into Premiership history or roar proudly into the possibilities of another season in the top flight. Personally I would like to think your team has the conjones to survive and to become a real force again, but then again, what do I know - a Rovers fan all my life and a football referee for 23 years!

I'd agree with most of this personally. I didn't think Allardyce was treated fairly either and I wasn't the only one if I remember correctly. I'd have given him a year. Mind, the reason we've gone through so many managers isn't because we're (th fans) not patient, it's because our chairmen/owner/board have made some terrible choices since they sacked Robson only 4 games into a season without a replacement. I take it you have no regrets about sacking Ince?

That post is nothing groundbreaking. The very same things have been said time and time and time again on here and various other forums.

Fact of the matter is that Fat Sam was a failure here, not because we didn't give him time but simply because it was never meant to be. His brand of football, his "playing for a draw" mentality and his unwillingness to accept any mentality for piss poor performance after piss poor performance meant he outstayed his admittedly short welcome.

Allardyce is a ruiner of football clubs. I fully expect Blackburn to struggle next year if that mook is still in charge.

I disagree. He has got us more or less safe despite having one of the worst midfields in the league. Tugay is 4,000 years old, Dunn and Grella have legs made of breadsticks, Pedersen is pretty poor, and we didn't have a right winger. Add to that Jason Roberts, a player who spends training sessions falling over whilst wildly swinging a banjo in a field, and we were in a bad way. We now have Diouf doing OK on the right wing, a lot more organisation and our good players like Samba and Warnock finding form again, as well as a great loan signing in Givet, you can say Sam has turned us around.

Sam has actually saved Rovers, as under the woeful Ince we had no organisation, confidence, team spirit or direction. Much like your team this season. Paul Ince is the real mook (I like that word), and just pray he doesn't turn up in Geordieland.

Sadly, I'm inclined to agree with a lot of the stuff the two Blackburn lads have posted. We are, and have been, a shambles for years. I'm really hoping that this season is a line in the sand and that in coming seasons we will have stability, ship out the overpaid wasters and bring in a squad who want to play for the club with the right winning mentality, not just the 'feck it, I'll be paid £60k a week, no matter what' mentality. I won't hold my breath.

That said, regarding Fat Sam, I think he's a total one trick pony who will do very well at any club willing to sacrifice football for a place in the Premier League. The football his sides produce shouldn't be allowed on before the watershed.

I am sure Hodgson, Kidd, Ince and Harford appreciate Blackburns planning - your just regurgitaing shit we have heard a thousand times before so fuck off back to where you came from and stop spouting bile because you are in a better position than us in the league - you still aren't safe either daft cunt

Fact of the matter is that Fat Sam was a failure here, not because we didn't give him time but simply because it was never meant to be.

I agree - but the underlying tragedy is that until NUFC give someone a proper crack of the whip, you are never going to turn your horrible situation around. Thanks for the six points this season, which was more than generous given how shite Rovers have generally been. Take comfort in the idea that it will (probably) get better... eventually. :aussie:

I fail to see how that backs your argument up. There is a huge difference between knowing the rules of the game and actually understanding football.

Guest Stevie
Gullit

Souness

Roeder

Alardyce

Fair crack of the whip or not we were getting nowhere with them.

Sad state of affairs to say Roeder was probably the best of them for NUFC. Gullit was the most disappointing for me to be honest, there were games late in 1998/1999 where I truly believed we were turning a corner, even if the league form dipped once we'd reached the Cup Final.

Allardyce did turn Kevin Davies into a football player, which as a Rovers fan I can say is no small achievement. He was dire when he played for us. By the way, all us Rovers fans have come over from a similar unofficial website after someone spotted Aspilla's post on page 66. Expect a few 'laugh at the geordies' posts if you lose tonight.

The best thing you need now is to get rid of Ashley, get rid of the wasters like Barton and Duff, and give a dynamic manager time to build you up like Keegan did. I don't think St. Alan and Iain Dowie are the right team to take you on. Owen Coyle would be a good choice, as would Martinez at Swansea.

Edited by Billy Castell

Mmm... I love the smell of sour grapes.. :alex: Fact is, you lot haven't had the decency to give ANYONE a proper go at running your club since that tawdry business with Sir Bobby Robson - despite the passion evident within your fan base, the people who run the upstairs couldn't give a flying fart for the football club, except when it occasionally threatens to do well: at which point all the oily barstewards come out to bask in the reflected glory.

I am sure Hodgson, Kidd, Ince and Harford appreciate Blackburns planning - your just regurgitaing shit we have heard a thousand times before so fuck off back to where you came from and stop spouting bile because you are in a better position than us in the league - you still aren't safe either daft cunt

Make me, moron :aussie:

Then consider the following preposition, fully and carefully, "Perception is Projection."

Now, re-read your lovely prose and repeat after me, "I must get the job-centre to send me on a netiquette course..I must get the..."

From a Newcastle United point of view, not getting Harry Redknapp was a real shame. I think he would have done what he has done at Spurs. Though Newcastle's squad isn't the quality of Spurs they shouldn't be on 30 points.

I'd love to see a list of the players that would jump ship if Toon go down...

Allardyce did turn Kevin Davies into a football player, which as a Rovers fan I can say is no small achievement. He was dire when he played for us. By the way, all us Rovers fans have come over from a similar unofficial website after someone spotted Aspilla's post on page 66. Expect a few 'laugh at the geordies' posts if you lose tonight.

The best thing you need now is to get rid of Ashley, get rid of the wasters like Barton and Duff, and give a dynamic manager time to build you up like Keegan did. I don't think St. Alan and Iain Dowie are the right team to take you on. Owen Coyle would be a good choice, as would Martinez at Swansea.

Are you trying to unsettle our six-fingered neighbours Billy? You know how rumours start, and it's only five minutes since they rebuilt Burnley town centre after the last tantrum.

Anyway, I fully agree with what you say and how you've said it. Shearer OUT!!

Mmm... I love the smell of sour grapes.. :alex: Fact is, you lot haven't had the decency to give ANYONE a proper go at running your club since that tawdry business with Sir Bobby Robson - despite the passion evident within your fan base, the people who run the upstairs couldn't give a flying fart for the football club, except when it occasionally threatens to do well: at which point all the oily barstewards come out to bask in the reflected glory.

Make me, moron :aussie:

Then consider the following preposition, fully and carefully, "Perception is Projection."

Now, re-read your lovely prose and repeat after me, "I must get the job-centre to send me on a netiquette course..I must get the..."

Internet hardman and language scholar too - we are blessed today

He certainly got the best out of Kevin Davies. I wouldn't class him as a footballer but he is very effective. That's what Allardyce does, takes dross and makes it effective, he's good at that but it's shite to watch.

Can you honestly tell me that anyone would pay to watch Kevin Davies?

From a Newcastle United point of view, not getting Harry Redknapp was a real shame. I think he would have done what he has done at Spurs. Though Newcastle's squad isn't the quality of Spurs they shouldn't be on 30 points.

I think most of us would be more than willing to help them......

I'm glad we didn't get the sour faced twat.

Spurs are only rated by Spurs fans tbh.

So was the timing of your coming here just a coincidence then? :aussie:

I'm glad we didn't get the sour faced twat.

Spurs are only rated by Spurs fans tbh.

Have a word Tom, if we'd have appointed someone half as good as Redknapp when we appointed JFK we wouldn't be in this mess.

Re Alex: I was going to take the piss, and be quite rude and call you all deluded tools but I don't feel like it right now. My cousin is a Newcastle fan too, so I am a bit torn whether I want you to go down or not. You guys could be worse though-you could be Spurs fans. Now they really are arrogant ____wits. Did you know we have won the league more times than them?

Edited by Billy Castell