Other games

Park Life

Re Alex: I was going to take the piss, and be quite rude and call you all deluded tools but I don't feel like it right now. My cousin is a Newcastle fan too, so I am a bit torn whether I want you to go down or not. You guys could be worse though-you could be Spurs fans. Now they really are arrogant ____wits. Did you know we have won the league more times than them?

Thanks Billy. You're all heart.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a Newcastle United point of view, not getting Harry Redknapp was a real shame. I think he would have done what he has done at Spurs. Though Newcastle's squad isn't the quality of Spurs they shouldn't be on 30 points.

I'd love to see a list of the players that would jump ship if Toon go down...

I'm glad we didn't get the sour faced twat.

Spurs are only rated by Spurs fans tbh.

Spurs are only rated as what by Spurs fans?

Sorry chaps, but I'd count Newcastle as one of those clubs too. You are not a truely big club, just popular. You have won nothing worth any value for almost as long us us (Blackburn). In fact even we have won the league and a league cup since you last won a trophy. No-one can take their time over building a squad since Sir Bobby Robson, as you guys yearn for certain idols, and don't have time for anyone else. Mind you, having said that, you have picked some right duffers to manage you. We were on the verge of sacking Souness and having to pay £1m in compensation, and then Fat Freddy Shepard takes him off our hands, thus giving us £1m compensation. Roeder, Kinnear, Hughton and all the other men who have had a stab at management are all the same-crap.

This leads me to Sam Allardyce. Newcastle was his 'Damned United' if you know what I mean. He was a certain kind of manager that had a certain way of going about things. His tactics and his manner would have never worked at a club like Newcastle where the fans want instant success, have an unhealthy obsession with idols like Keegan and demand a certain type of free flowing football with big star names. He is indeed better suited to teams such as Blackburn, Bolton etc. where there isn't that belief that they should win the league, and go about business in a quiet and professional matter. Be it Freddy Shepard or Mike Ashley, the chairmen and owners you have had are postering twits who have ran your club in a very unprofessional and shambolic manner. And finally Sam is not a bottler. That is Kevin Keegan. When the going gets tough, Kevin gets going. He blew your greatest chance of winning the league, walked out on England and Man City, and walked out when he had an issue with Dennis Wise and that Spanish or Argie chap.

Newcastle United has been a nuthouse for years, and previously good players and managers have effectively ended their careers upon moving to St. James' Park, and no-one in their right mind would manage your team. So I expect Stan Ternant or Paul Ince to take over sometime should Alan turn the job down or get sacked.

By the way I am not one of those who boo Alan Shearer. He had the best years of his career with us, and he was frankly phenominal. Thank you for winning the league for us Alan.

He was crap, was scared of Derby, and didn't seem to know what he was doing with his team building.

Keegan could have (and would have) rescued us if not for the off-field middle management war (and the idiots won - Wise and Lambrusco - if Keegan had won not only would we have had one decent manager in charge all season, but we'd have had a decent squad at the start of the season and injuries would have taken less of a toll).

That's been the problem with NUFC this season and the crux of our downfall.

As anything beyond mediocre.

If mediocre is having the best home defence in the league, reaching a cup final, being unbeaten (apart from the Webb massacre on saturday) against the top 4, vying for a european place despite having our worst start to a league season then ill take that. All day long.

On a different note, my first live game involved Newcastle. It was vs. Hull in 1987, and you won 3-1 with a Mick Quinn hat-trick. I was only 6 but I remember how bad Hull's stadium was.

The new one looks canny.

On a different note, my first live game involved Newcastle. It was vs. Hull in 1987, and you won 3-1 with a Mick Quinn hat-trick. I was only 6 but I remember how bad Hull's stadium was.

Seeing as Micky Quinn signed in July 1989 can you please get your carer to administer your next dose please? :aussie:

If mediocre is having the best home defence in the league, reaching a cup final, being unbeaten (apart from the Webb massacre on saturday) against the top 4, vying for a european place despite having our worst start to a league season then ill take that. All day long.

Getting to a cup final means approximately fuck all if you get beat.

We have been runners up in the F.A cup 7 times and I don't think we got anything for it...

He was crap, was scared of Derby, and didn't seem to know what he was doing with his team building.

Keegan could have (and would have) rescued us if not for the off-field middle management war (and the idiots won - Wise and Lambrusco - if Keegan had won not only would we have had one decent manager in charge all season, but we'd have had a decent squad at the start of the season and injuries would have taken less of a toll).

That's been the problem with NUFC this season and the crux of our downfall.

Not just this season either, we have had good managers and managers who're just simply right for us, ran out of the club by poor club management for decades.

Seeing as Micky Quinn signed in July 1989 can you please get your carer to administer your next dose please? :aussie:

Could have sworn it was him. Whoever it was he was very tall, a bit fat and had a moustache. Ring a bell with anyone?

We have been runners up in the F.A cup 7 times and I don't think we got anything for it...

Arsenal fans moan they haven't won anything for 3 or 4 seasons.......Spurs fans think getting to a cup final and being better than the worst NUFC team in 20 years is something to be proud of.....must be hard being a Spurs fan, always in Arsenal's shadow :aussie:

I think that is an achievement.

Edited by N17

Getting beat in the League Cup final is an achievement?

Well Fuck me...

Reaching a final is an achievement.

And no I don't want to.

Seeing as Micky Quinn signed in July 1989 can you please get your carer to administer your next dose please? :unsure:

Could have sworn it was him. Whoever it was he was very tall, a bit fat and had a moustache. Ring a bell with anyone?

You've got the wrong year.....we were in division one in 87 and Hull haven't played in the top league until this season (unless it was a cup game?).Apart from that your powers of recollection are marvellous.

Point 1. Exactly right. The sense of injustice clearly rattled the team (it shouldn't have done admittedly)

Point 2. You're an idiot. I don't think we have a god given right to anything but if you watched the game we were comfortable until that decision was given.

No arrogance at all. We hadn't lost a game to the top 4 all season, going to OT and not expecting a defeat isnt arrogance. We can mix it with anybody on our day.

Just not for the full day then? :unsure:

:razz:

Guest Stevie
I don't think Quinn was fat till the about 94. :unsure:

mickyquinn.jpg

Aye, looks it..

He was fat his whole life, even as a baby. When he signed we used to sing "he's fat he's round he's worth a million pound mickey quinn mickey quinn".

To the Blackburrrrrrrrrrrrn Rorvershhhhh fan, we didn't play Hull in 87, I'll tell you that now. 89/90 we played Hull.

Seeing as Micky Quinn signed in July 1989 can you please get your carer to administer your next dose please? :unsure:

You've got the wrong year.....we were in division one in 87 and Hull haven't played in the top league until this season (unless it was a cup game?).Apart from that your powers of recollection are marvellous.

The 1980's was a hazy period of drugs and alcohol for me. Either that or my early childhood was a very vague period in general.

Just spotted Stevie's message. It must have been 1989 then. I lived in Germany, and it must have been one of the rare times I visited family in Britain, so the issue of 'when' is hard to pin down. It also must have been before December, as I had moved to Hong Kong then, and I know I didn't go after that.

Edited by Billy Castell

Yet you bang on about qualifying for the champions league. The aim of the game is trophies and it has been a while for you lads.

Does losing a League Cup get you in the Champions league? No.

You have to have a bit more about your team for it to play in the upper tiers of the sport...

Yet you bang on about qualifying for the champions league. The aim of the game is trophies and it has been a while for you lads.

Imagine if you got that pig flu danny? It would be immense

Spuds are only a 'big' club because they are in London and a lot of the media are fans who jizz in their pants over them at every opportunity. All hype and froth. Let me guess, you'll be in the top 4 next season, just like you were under Ramos, Jol, Santini and all the others.