Other games

Park Life

I was delighted to see Owen miss a sitter with virtually the last kick of the match btw. Mainly to avoid the inevitable patter about his Newcastle nightmare being finally put to bed etc. in the papers.

Must admit watching that on MOTD2 it did put a smile on my face like. He missed loads of chances like that for us, in a 1 vs 1 he's so predictable he just always trys to side foot it to the keepers left.

Yeah I think for a "natural goalscorer" he's very limited in how he shoots at the goal. Was nice to see him miss that.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was delighted to see Owen miss a sitter with virtually the last kick of the match btw. Mainly to avoid the inevitable patter about his Newcastle nightmare being finally put to bed etc. in the papers.

Must admit watching that on MOTD2 it did put a smile on my face like. He missed loads of chances like that for us, in a 1 vs 1 he's so predictable he just always trys to side foot it to the keepers left.

Yeah I think for a "natural goalscorer" he's very limited in how he shoots at the goal. b]Was nice to see him miss that.[/b]

Couldn't give a fuck tbph in much the same way I'm not bothered about Martins' goal for Wolfsburg or the string of saves Shay's supposed to have made for Citeh.

They're gone man - time to move on.

I read Shay was a bit Ropey, actually.

Seeing Krul come out for crosses and dominate his box against WBA has shown me what we've been missing with Shay and Harper. On the theme of keepers, Foster has looked shit for Man u over the last couple of games. Another keeper with no physical presence.

Yeah I think for a "natural goalscorer" he's very limited in how he shoots at the goal. b]Was nice to see him miss that.[/b]

Couldn't give a fuck tbph in much the same way I'm not bothered about Martins' goal for Wolfsburg or the string of saves Shay's supposed to have made for Citeh.

They're gone man - time to move on.

I don't care how well they do - I would have been much more keen for Given to do well if he hadn't given that "Newcastle didn't try hard enough to keep me" crap. I was just echoing the sentiments of alex about how the media would respond. :icon_lol:

Wolves vs Wigan

Sunderland vs Chelsea

& Celtic vs Arsenal to watch tonight.

quite looking forward to that, my football appetite has been renewed this season and that looks like it could be a good match

Guest Stevie

The thing is with Celtic, they're shit, they really are the equivolent of a CCC side, but...........they have an absolutely phenomenal record at home in Europe for a club and side like them, it's one of the minor miracles of world football how such a mediocre side down the years have only lost THREE at home in Europe in about 10 years is it? That said when you look at things on the pitch, it really should be 0-3 or 0-4. I'm going to take Arsenal -1 at 5/2 with Skybet.

Guest Stevie
Gateshead v Tamworth - 7:45pm, Gateshead Stadium

Trying to drum up more support? :icon_lol: 681 is a poor effort for your first game in the conference.

Blyth's 700 opening day gate was hardly spectacular, what happened to the 4000 who turned out for Shrewsbury?

Ipswich trailing Palace 1-2 at home. Two Darren Ambrose goals. Himself and Sol Campbell would have gotten on here famously.

Ipswich would want to start seeing some results or Roy will be spending a lot more time walking his dogs.

mackems gone from 1-0 up to 1-3 down at home to Chelsea. Bent-Ballack, Lampard, Deco.

AFC Wimbledon twatted Salisbury 4-0 last night. Absolute corker to open the scoring, then a pen, Salisbury go down to ten men and put their centre half (AFC's old striker) in pegs because they don't have a sub 'keeper, then AFC get two goals from robbing Salisbury's nervy centre halfs. 4-0 flattered AFC in the end though.

It was strange, as soon as Salisbury went a man down, AFC went to shit, lumping hopeless long balls forward and panicking at the back. Everybody I've ever spoken to about the way to play after the opposition have a man sent off, says; pass the ball around at the back, stretch out the play, tire them out, then hit the ball into spaces. Yet so often the team with the man advantage seem to lose focus and get the jitters...

I know JJ coaches kids, but would wager there's others who've tried their hand at it... so my question is this; Why the fuck do they panic, when it seems plain to everybody the best course of action?

I have no idea. More pressure on the team with extra men compared to an underdog who feel backed into a corner?

I played a league match before and only 8 of our team showed up. We offered to give them the 3-0 win and they give us a couple of players for a firendly kick-about. They refused saying that they wanted to win by more than that "because they needed the goal difference".

They snuck a 1-0 win in the end.

Guest Stevie
The thing is with Celtic, they're shit, they really are the equivolent of a CCC side, but...........they have an absolutely phenomenal record at home in Europe for a club and side like them, it's one of the minor miracles of world football how such a mediocre side down the years have only lost THREE at home in Europe in about 10 years is it? That said when you look at things on the pitch, it really should be 0-2 or 0-3. I'm going to take Arsenal -1 at 5/2 with Skybet.

:icon_lol:

Arsenal didn't really ever need to get out of first gear as well. What a shit atmosphere for such a big game too, you know your support is shit when Arsenal sing "we forgot that you were 'ere".