Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a tackle

7742768.jpg

Millwall fans chanting ''You should have died with your Dad'' to Collinson.

Two days after his Dad died.

:icon_lol:

West Ham fans were singing something very similar to Defoe about his brother recently IIRC.

Ban them both. Fucking scum. How Millwall can still live in the 80's is a mystery to us all. If the Millwall fans can't behave have their team play all their games behind closed doors and have no allowances for away support.

I don't care if it's harsh, this is the very thing I say doesn't happen any more. Then pricks like this bring the game into disrepute. It's sickening and appalling.

Indefensible.

Ban them both. Fucking scum. How Millwall can still live in the 80's is a mystery to us all. If the Millwall fans can't behave have their team play all their games behind closed doors and have no allowances for away support.

I don't care if it's harsh, this is the very thing I say doesn't happen any more. Then pricks like this bring the game into disrepute. It's sickening and appalling.

Indefensible.

You have to harbour suspicions that this is merely a pastiche brought on by the films. I can't imagine it would happen to the same extent otherwise.

Really?

Did you know I also went on a killing spree just the other week after a 90 minute Grand Theft Auto session.

Well I doubt very much when the majority of those fans were pissing about on the pitch and hammering the hell out of each other outside they were thinking of the consequences so to an extent I can imagine there's an influence there. I'm not saying they sat down, watched a Nick Love film and then instantly thought it was ok to smash fuck out of an opposition fan (thanks for the implication though), but I can imagine that a lot of them played up to it.

Well I doubt very much when the majority of those fans were pissing about on the pitch and hammering the hell out of each other outside they were thinking of the consequences so to an extent I can imagine there's an influence there. I'm not saying they sat down, watched a Nick Love film and then instantly thought it was ok to smash fuck out of an opposition fan (thanks for the implication though), but I can imagine that a lot of them played up to it.

Thanks for sounding so condescending. :icon_lol:

Indefensible.

To give Millwall some benefit of the doubt, it's reckoned that Wist 'am fans used the fixture as a means to arrange violence and blame it on the Millwall fans on account of their reputation.

Can't speak for what happened on the streets but inside the ground it was quite clearly mostly West Ham fans who were invading the pitch and causing most of the grief. Their players have a lot to answer for to with the way they were celebrating the goals.

I'm not saying the Millwall fans were completely blameless - of course they weren't, but I don't think on this occassion they were the ringleaders and to point the finger based on reputation is a tad unfair.

Funny isn't it? Hammers fans are forever going on about how it was West Ham who won the World Cup in '66 thanks to Moore, Peters & Hurst. They themselves could have done serious damage in our bid to host it in 2018. They've got good video evidence, ban the fuckers for life. And the FA should through a 5 match behind closed doors penalty at the club too :icon_lol:

Indefensible.

To give Millwall some benefit of the doubt, it's reckoned that Wist 'am fans used the fixture as a means to arrange violence and blame it on the Millwall fans on account of their reputation.

Can't speak for what happened on the streets but inside the ground it was quite clearly mostly West Ham fans who were invading the pitch and causing most of the grief. Their players have a lot to answer for to with the way they were celebrating the goals.

I'm not saying the Millwall fans were completely blameless - of course they weren't, but I don't think on this occassion they were the ringleaders and to point the finger based on reputation is a tad unfair.

Funny isn't it? Hammers fans are forever going on about how it was West Ham who won the World Cup in '66 thanks to Moore, Peters & Hurst. They themselves could have done serious damage in our bid to host it in 2018. They've got good video evidence, ban the fuckers for life. And the FA should through a 5 match behind closed doors penalty at the club too :icon_lol:

Definitely agree on that front, we've been talking about that at work this morning. They should throw the book at West Ham, it's a shame though as if they do end up doing that it will only be because of any potential damages to the World Cup bid (IMO). There should always be a zero tolerance approach to hooliganism.

When we were playing them away under Keegan last year the same pub that it kicked off at last night also had a bit of bother that day too. Everything was fine then the next thing we knew it just went mad.

I remember that time I was trapped on the same carriage alone with 50 Millwall and was saying my last prayers. All the menacing smiles and whispering, but these honorable men let me pass. At the core of it Millwall fans are a better sort than West Ham.

Just out of interest, does any of this ever happen with Toon fans? (Even to a smaller extent?)

What about with Mackems?

I ask becuase every group of fans has some bad eggs.

Only ever happens when Northumbria Police are involved according to that daft Mackem. :icon_lol:

Just out of interest, does any of this ever happen with Toon fans? (Even to a smaller extent?)

What about with Mackems?

I ask becuase every group of fans has some bad eggs.

16th May 1990 to be precise.

I preferred Millwall to West Ham ever since I watched a lone pisshead fan in Hastings, bar skiing and singing songs for an hour on his own while 6 hammers sat quiet in the corner.

"My arld man, sid follow Wist 'am, I said fack off, bollocks you're a cant!"

Like comparing chalk and chalk though really.

Rod Liddle is a Millwall fan though.

True dat.

But then, Martin Samuel, Rob Shepherd and James Corden are West Ham fans.

Cunt top trumps.

:icon_lol: Fair point.

I don't think we'll know who the ring leaders were until after the investigation. Aye, it's probably kneejerk to blame it on the Milwall fans straight away, but you can forgive my assumption. How many Premiership games have West Ham played with no bother? Then compare that to how often there's a ruckus at a Millwal game? I know West Ham fans will not be spotless in this, but I wouldn't be surprised to see that it was two "firms" (who are glorified in movies, by the way) that sparked the grotesque violence and idiot neanderthals joined in for a "Pwoper tearwup"

Bans for all the fans involved, everybody identified, even if they were standing at the back hurling nothing but abuse. They're still complicit in my eyes.

Behind doors punishments for Millwall and West Ham, I'd want points docked too. To be honest if it were possible to replace West Ham in the League cup with another team without sparking outrage I'd do that too. I suppose it'd be easier to just give a bye for whomever gets West Ham mind...

What I found most surprising of all was the comment from the Met Police saying the problems were totally unexpected.

Christ, anyone with half a brain knew that West Ham v Millwall was going to be a fiery affair and most said so as soon as the draw was made.

I think what is meant by those comments are that they weren't expecting trouble on this scale. Not that they weren't expecting trouble.

Here's the reason why West Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhm won't be penalised beyond a small fine:

brooking2803_468x389.jpg

Anyway, I'd like the following to happen:

1. Both teams get points deducted*

2. Both teams banned from domestic cups for 2 years

3. Both teams to play the next 5 games behind closed doors.

*=I know this would never happen as it is the FA not the Football league/Premier League who are investigating the matter and it was a cup game. However a strong message needs to be sent out.

I remember that time I was trapped on the same carriage alone with 50 Millwall and was saying my last prayers. All the menacing smiles and whispering, but these honorable men let me pass. At the core of it Millwall fans are a better sort than West Ham.

That's nice of them. I'd have fucking leathered you :icon_lol:

''Dont wont to go to much into last night for obvious reasons.

But, it was like going back a few years to how it used to be. shame it cant be like that every week.

We would have prob been on the pitch as well. It was a proper derby game (and im not talking about the guts on the their lot on the pitch).

The best thing however to come out of last night is the re-ignition of the hatred between us. As we dont play them often I felt the hatred was lost on some of our younger lot as well as theirs who seem to hate spurs more. This should have sorted all that out.

Bet we get them again before the seasons out. ''

From a Millwall fan.

Edited by Attain