Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uefa overturns Eduardo diving ban

Uefa has overturned its decision to ban Arsenal striker Eduardo for two Champions League games for diving.

The Croatian was suspended after being found guilty of diving to win a penalty in the Champions League qualifier against Celtic on 26 August.

But on Monday, Uefa accepted Arsenal's appeal and he will now be eligible to play in their opening two Group H ties.

A Gunners statement read: "We are grateful the right decision has been reached in this case."

It continued: "We were able to show there was contact between the keeper and Eduardo and that the decision should be annulled.

"We are glad to put this incident behind us and concentrate on the games ahead."

Arsenal had called the initial decision by Uefa "deeply flawed".

A Uefa statement on Monday said: "Following examination of all the evidence, notably the declarations of both the referee and the referees' assessor, as well as the various video footage, it was not established to our satisfaction that the referee had been deceived in taking his decision on the penalty."

Arsenal begin their Champions League group stage campaign with a trip to the Maurice Dufrasne Stadium to face Standard on Wednesday.

What's the point in them overturning their own decision with absolutely no new evidence. Makes a mockery of their whole disciplinary process.

it was a kneejerk reaction to the SFAs outrage they had to let the appeal win because if they hadn't they'd have had a simialr situation to whats kind of happening with all the french clubs moaning to them about player poaching but on a much larger scale, they couldn't have handled it

UEFA in being useless shocker! I knew all along they'd have to overturn it as they realised from now on they'd have to go abnd start banning players from big Spanish and Itallian clubs and whoever else gets caught diving on TV and they really didn't want to go and do that, so far better to bottle it and fail to sort out one of footballs problems.

''Your support is fucking shit'' Rings around St.Andrew's.

It has to be the worst song in football, especially coming from these doyles regardless of whether it's City or Villa.

i cringe when i hear our lot sing that one. up there with "shit ground, shit fans"

Your support is fucking shit usually follows 10mins silence by the same fans singing it.

Bit like when away support sing to us where were you when you were shite like fuck me, have people not been watching whats been going on here? :)

Funniest is when it's 'Shall we sing a song for you?' followed by about 10 minutes of silence.

''Your support is fucking shit'' Rings around St.Andrew's.

It has to be the worst song in football, especially coming from these doyles regardless of whether it's City or Villa.

i cringe when i hear our lot sing that one. up there with "shit ground, shit fans"

Your support is fucking shit usually follows 10mins silence by the same fans singing it.

Bit like when away support sing to us where were you when you were shite like fuck me, have people not been watching whats been going on here? :)

Funniest is when it's 'Shall we sing a song for you?' followed by about 10 minutes of silence.

I hate hearing versions of Blaydon races.

AFC Wimbledon have "To see the Womble Aces" which I just flat out refuse to sing, I've heard it at Manchester grounds, sung at Norwich games etc.

It's not even a parody, they've just changed the lyrics to suit their team.