Other games

Park Life

Hardly, one mention as opposed to loads of me mentioning otherwise. I live in Cleethorpes... theres about 2 Celtic fans I know, it's not as if I have loads to annoy and it's worth getting a shirt, but I do like annoying them anyway, obviously joking around and that but i'm not backtracking.

Apologies that semantics let me down... I didn't buy a Norn Iron shirt to annoy Celtic fans, but I do like to annoy Celtic fans, happy now or are you going to let your clear bias against Northern Ireland get in the way of that? :lol:

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly, one mention as opposed to loads of me mentioning otherwise. I live in Cleethorpes... theres about 2 Celtic fans I know, it's not as if I have loads to annoy and it's worth getting a shirt, but I do like annoying them anyway, obviously joking around and that but i'm not backtracking.

Apologies that semantics let me down... I didn't buy a Norn Iron shirt to annoy Celtic fans, but I do like to annoy Celtic fans, happy now or are you going to let your clear bias against Northern Ireland get in the way of that? :icon_lol:

Bias against northern ireland?

you do realise i'm from and live in Belfast right? :lol:

Didn't you say earlier you didn't want Norn Iron to win if they were in a WC Final? Many people from Belfast support the Republic, look at the players that fuck off to play in Dublin.

Apologies that semantics let me down... I didn't buy a Norn Iron shirt to annoy Celtic fans, but I do like to annoy Celtic fans, happy now or are you going to let your clear bias against Northern Ireland get in the way of that? :icon_lol:

Bias against northern ireland?

you do realise i'm from and live in Belfast right? :lol:

Didn't you say earlier you didn't want Norn Iron to win if they were in a WC Final? Many people from Belfast support the Republic, look at the players that fuck off to play in Dublin.

yup because i wouldn't want to have to listen to supporters gloating, not really bias, just would be a pain in the balls personally.

Yeah look at those fuckers that have decided they don't want to listen to chants of "we're up to our knees in fenian blood" ....what are they thinking!, i mean it's not like anyones been getting death threats latel....oh wait hang on.

As opposed to the English based players even staff who have been at the republic in some shape or form, did ya ever hear McAteer/Charlton etc getting abuse like that from fans? let alone their familes having cars burnt out or graffiti scrawled on a wall.

Long and the short of it is, in the north the football was and is still (ok not /as/ bad but still happens) pretty hostile, and like i said because you've absolutely no experience of it or anything over here in general you can't get that, but down south it's a lot more like the rugby, there's just less agro and bigotry. And asides from that the republic (debating aside) are just a better option for international careers so that probably gives it the final nudge.

Honestly would you go for northern ireland if you had the choice and knowing there's a risk if you miss a peno or have a bad game of your parents house getting a petrol bomb through the window or a bullet in the post? while a large % of the fans your playing for would be happy to see you keel over midmatch then have a sing song about it, you'd be a mug if you did imo.

May seem stupid, but I think I would play for Northern Ireland over the Republic, if only because whenever I watch the Republic (everything aside, I wish the Republic, Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland all the best when not playing England) the atmosphere never seems anything good, and as long as you keep quiet and don't disclose any religious/political views they're gnot gonna give you grief about it I understand what you're saying but the fans of the Republic of Ireland always look shit to me, admittedly i've never been to the Aviva Stadium, but it's like Wales, surely you can't get too proud of playing in front of half filled stadiums (with Windsor Parks smaller capacity duly noted).

My brother was working in Carrickfergus last year and I was genuinely surprised just how the religious and political problems are over there, but still, if I was born in Northern Ireland, i'd want to play for them ahead of the Republic.

I'm protestant, live just outside Belfast and love supporting Northern Ireland. Personally though, I think an 'all-Ireland' team would be an amazing benefit for the country in the long run. Once the hoods' cries of anguish died down we'd see a situation were everyone is on the same side, just like ruggers.

On another issue and not to open up a can of worms it would stop players bouncing between countries, see Alex Bruce (ROI to NI) and the laundry list of players going the opposite way. Should be based on where you were born and which body spent the money to develop you as a player.

Lastly I attended the game on Wednesday night and McCourt was excellent, the only player on the pitch with a bit of class. There were some fucking morons chanting sectarian nonesense but as the events in London have shown us, troglodytes will be troglodytes. I think it's a bit naive of others (Ant) to think that the scumbags are only protestant and that catholic folk are nothing but victims, both as bad as each other imo.

Depends on where/how you're brought up.

Aye.

See Celtic and Rangers imo two scummy clubs which should have fuck all to do witrh Northern Ireland. They have some good fans both of them, but the actual division of both by sectarianism is shocking. Less so with Celtic because on the face of it they welcome all, whereas you would not be made welcome supporting Rangers if you are openly Catholic which incidentally I am. In terms of NI and ROI it's the same principle, although I get the impression in NI there's more prods support Rangers than catholics who support Celtic, cos a lot of them perhaps half are bigoted cunts. Rangers are seen like an extension of Unionism and being an Ulsterman imo in Northern Ireland, and to be fair it brought it home last night listening to the commentary of the paddy I forget his name Hugh some cunt, some Irish name. When Steven Davis scored "fabulous goal Rangers marrrn Shteven Davish, yet when McCourt scored nee mention of Celtic. I'm not saying this as a catholic who feels victimised, I want nothing to do with NI, fuck them off, drain on our taxes, I feel the same about Scotland and particularly Wales, but you have to be honest there are still some deeply ingrained ignorant views in all walks of life over there, a lot of which even I don't understand, so what hope has some little mug from Skegness got of understanding it. Every post you've made in this thread has made you look a tool, especially your views on wearing other countries shirts who we've been at war with in the last 30 year.

Depends on where/how you're brought up.

Aye.

See Celtic and Rangers imo two scummy clubs which should have fuck all to do witrh Northern Ireland. They have some good fans both of them, but the actual division of both by sectarianism is shocking. Less so with Celtic because on the face of it they welcome all, whereas you would not be made welcome supporting Rangers if you are openly Catholic which incidentally I am. In terms of NI and ROI it's the same principle, although I get the impression in NI there's more prods support Rangers than catholics who support Celtic, cos a lot of them perhaps half are bigoted cunts. Rangers are seen like an extension of Unionism and being an Ulsterman imo in Northern Ireland, and to be fair it brought it home last night listening to the commentary of the paddy I forget his name Hugh some cunt, some Irish name. When Steven Davis scored "fabulous goal Rangers marrrn Shteven Davish, yet when McCourt scored nee mention of Celtic. I'm not saying this as a catholic who feels victimised, I want nothing to do with NI, fuck them off, drain on our taxes, I feel the same about Scotland and particularly Wales, but you have to be honest there are still some deeply ingrained ignorant views in all walks of life over there, a lot of which even I don't understand, so what hope has some little mug from Skegness got of understanding it. Every post you've made in this thread has made you look a tool, especially your views on wearing other countries shirts who we've been at war with in the last 30 year.

Wait, was that aimed at me? I don't get it? I'm a tool because I would wear a football shirt because of players instead of politics? If I had worn a Jonas Argentina shirt would it be bad? No Newcastle player plays for England after all, and Newcastle are more important to me than any national team will be.

Look, i'm no protestant, and i'm agnostic so believe we shouldn't have any religion as a "national" religion per se, and I only dislike Celtic because i've seen more bigots in the Celtic camp than the Rangers camp, I admit I spoke wrong when I said I wore a Norn Iron shirt because of Celtic, as I corrected earlier that's not the case, I was just saying that Celtic fans opinions against norn Iron for no reason annoys me, and to be honest if I was to care deeply about SPL I wouldn't support either of the clubs. But tell me again, what's wrong on wearing a football shirt purely based on football? I don't think football should be politicised so i'm a little mug? I'm literally confused at what you're trying to say.

Dyer crocked AGAIN!

:lol:

Broken leg. Didn't he do that in one of his first outings for West Ham as well?

Don't think it is as bad as first thought.