Other games

Park Life

Even 60 starts sounds like a hell of a lot.

Well, he must have started just about every Championship game, so that's 40-odd, plus cup games and he broke into the side before we went down and started some games that season, then there's last season where he started loads of games before Xmas.

Edited by alex

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose it makes sense. In my head I have him only breaking into the promotion team after a couple of months. The relegation team, I only remember him scoring away to Stoke(I've blanked out a few games from that season).

Here, when Genk were being drawn they said they could only go into 2 of the remaining groups, (neither of which was group F, which at the time had Arsenal, Marseille and Olympiakos in it) why could they not be drawn in group F? No Belgian team in it. Confused.

Shamrock Rovers beat Partizan Belgrade tonight to reach the Europa League group stage.

Fantastic achievement really. Wasn't that long ago that they dumped us out of the CL.

Wasnt that long ago our reserves played Shamrock.

Celtic out, Rangers out MASSIVE. Birmingham through Shamrock through.

Great result for Rovers. Its the breakthrough the league here has been crying out for. First time an Irish side has made it to a group stage in Europe.

The money probably wins them the league for the next 10 years.

Great result for Rovers. Its the breakthrough the league here has been crying out for. First time an Irish side has made it to a group stage in Europe.

On the phone to Mike Ashley to find the dimensions of our bore hole tbh, short of water in Ireland they are.

Yoda_SWSB.jpg

On the phone to Mike Ashley to find the dimensions of our bore hole tbh, short of water in Ireland they are.

Yoda_SWSB.jpg

What I like about it is Nacional and Partizan certainly have far great pedigree, than FC Sion and "Maribor" who put Rangers and Celtic out. Hilarious stuff really.

Seems like Celtic are going to get a reprieve. Sion fielded 5 ineligible players in the first leg, so they're fucked. Court of Arbitration decides next week, and it seems like Sion will be kicked out.

Seems like Celtic are going to get a reprieve. Sion fielded 5 ineligible players in the first leg, so they're fucked. Court of Arbitration decides next week, and it seems like Sion will be kicked out.

5? :icon_lol:

5? :icon_lol:

Neil Lennon revealed Celtic will still be looking to take their place in the Europa League group stages on a technicality despite losing 3-1 to Sion in their play-off second-leg clash at the Stade de Tourbillon on Thursday night.

Sion have five players in their squad - Feindouno, Mario Mutsch and Gabri, Jose Goncalves and Billy Ketkeophomphone - who are, in the eyes of FIFA, ineligible to play in the competition. Sion's European squad, though, was approved by the Swiss FA who, along with the club, have reportedly been warned by UEFA general secretary Gianni Infantino about possible sanctions although the Court of Arbitration for Sport, who will rule on the issue, will not pass their verdict next week.

The Celtic boss, however, expects a positive outcome, and said: "We have sent in letters last week and handed one to the delegate. There is hearing on Tuesday and we will know the outcome after that. If clubs are breaking the rules then every club should break the rule then."

Asked if he would be comfortable about replacing Sion he replied: "Yes."

It was a bad night for Scottish football as Rangers and Hearts were also knocked out of the qualifiers on Thursday. However, Lennon was only concerned about Celtic.

In his first European foray as permanent boss last season the Irishman's side lost to Braga and FC Utrecht in the respective Champions League and Europa League qualifiers but he denied this latest failure was humiliating.

He said: "Humiliating? It's a such a strong word. I don't think it is a humiliation.

"We have to be realistic about things, we are not where we were four or five years ago in Europe.

"I am frustrated that I failed to take the team through.

"I would say to the fans to stick the team and no one is as disappointed as myself with the result."

I don't really have much time for either them or Rangers but I think it's a legitimate complaint. I mean, I think Uefa could let it slide if it was one player, but fielding 5 (if that turns out to be the judgement) is ridiculous really.

lol oh dear picking on a club like Sion for players being ineligible :icon_lol: it's not like they fielded messi and kaka

how the mighty scotish powers(generous description i know) have fallen

Where they fallen from though?? It's 20 years since Rangers were better than us, and perhaps 30 since Celtic were. Always been mickey mouse clubs in my eyes and always will be, I'm one of the few who would like them in the Prem to see them in front of 30000 watching relegation battles, but "the English are running scared, cos ae know we'd win it after 5 seasons and both eh auld ferum are bigger an aww bar Man Yinite-eed ken" Daft cunts.

lol oh dear picking on a club like Sion for players being ineligible :icon_lol: it's not like they fielded messi and kaka

Where they fallen from though?? It's 20 years since Rangers were better than us, and perhaps 30 since Celtic were. Always been mickey mouse clubs in my eyes and always will be, I'm one of the few who would like them in the Prem to see them in front of 30000 watching relegation battles, but "the English are running scared, cos ae know we'd win it after 5 seasons and both eh auld ferum are bigger an aww bar Man Yinite-eed ken" Daft cunts.

Both got European finals in recent years though which I suppose is what he was getting at.

What I like about it is Nacional and Partizan certainly have far great pedigree, than FC Sion and "Maribor" who put Rangers and Celtic out. Hilarious stuff really.

Spoke to some Rangers fans in Maribor last week, they were expecting to put 3 or 4 past Maribor in the first leg and 5 or 6 in the return leg, oh dear! :icon_lol:

Both got European finals in recent years though which I suppose is what he was getting at.

So have Middlesbrough & Fulham. :icon_lol:

So have Middlesbrough & Fulham. :razz:

Boro have fallen a fair way too tbf :icon_lol: