Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Hughes insists concerns over Fulham's ambition were behind his decision to leave as manager and not because he was hoping to secure the Aston Villa job.

The Welshman left Craven Cottage in the summer following just one season in charge after deciding not to take up an option to extend his contract.

Reports suggested the former Manchester City boss had quit the post in order to put himself in contention to succeed Gerard Houllier at Villa.

However, Hughes is adamant that was never the case and outlined the reasons why he felt it was the right decision to walk away from Fulham.

"The assumption that I was jumping ship because I had another job to jump into was wrong," Hughes told several newspapers.

"That was not the case because it was never there for me. People assumed I was hoping to get the Aston Villa job but that was never the case.

"I simply felt my ambition for where I wanted to take the club was not being matched. Historically, Fulham were a club who were happy to be in the Premier League and that was their ambition. But it was not my ambition for them.

"Conversations I was having about players I wanted to bring in were not going well. I read that as them maybe not wanting to keep Fulham in the top half of the Premier League.

"There was the date of June 1 (when his contract needed to be renewed) and the closer it got, the less inclined I was to sign it because it would have meant me committing further than the one year I had left.

"I had real concerns about the age of certain players and I came to the conclusion that it would be better just to shake hands and walk away.

"Fulham were probably a bit too honest with me. They were saying, 'We know exactly what you're about, Mark, but really we are just quite happy to stay in the Premier League'."

They're about the 5th or 6th biggest club in London (if that). Nowt against Fulham like, just saying. On that basis, mid-table in the PL is good going.

forgot that Drenthe was only on loan at everton, looking at his start for them I wouldnt mind us in for him at some point

He'll be signed by a top club tbh, very good player who was frozen out of Real much like VDV.

no reason we couldnt be that club though imo, assuming we drop off as most of us expect the Europa League could be a possbility for us this season, I dont think spurs are that big a club when relating to the VDV signing though they had CL football but VDV had played in the bundesliga and europe before, Drenthe was picked up young by RM and has never made it there, someone like us would (I reckon) be the scale of club hed be at if he left madrid

Fascinating interview with Fat Boy Slim there.

Deadman has more footballing insight than that twat.

His equally un-illuminatingly glib wife having to be endured on t'radio at work today too . Probably the spawniest plebs in 'showbiz' too .

Better Living Through Chemistry and You've Come A Long Way Baby are anything but spawny, tbf. Norman is talented, unlike the vast array of cunts churned out by Cowell et al. She was born into showbiz, so I'll go along with you there. Her dad was canny.

Ah Johnny theBall was good with the science lark . Probably picked up more from his shows as a kid than I did at school's cumulative GCSE science pack back when

edit - He fucked about with numbers somewhere along the line too iirc .

Have I mixed him up with Johnny Morris ?

Edited by LoveTheBobby

Ah Johnny theBall was good with the science lark . Probably picked up more from his shows as a kid than I did at school's cumulative GCSE science pack back when

Very true. All my teachers used to write "could do better" on my reports. That's fair enough but having been bored shitless for most of the 14 or so years I spent at school, they could have too! And Johnny Ball was the proof. B)

Terry caught saying racist things on camera...

Absolutely classic defence to this from Terry. He claims that what the camera doesn't pick up is him saying "Oi Anton, I never said..." just before we catch him saying the words "fucking black cunt". :lol:

Oh John, we're not as stupid as the people you surround yourself with, you racist little prick.

He claims he said "oi ref you blind khant" or summat isn't he ? Not that he has a bit of a history of 'misleading' people or nowt . In fact seeing the whole of that game and the way the whole lot of them carried on -from manager down - they shot back up to my Top Of The Cunts No. 1 slot .

Very true. All my teachers used to write "could do better" on my reports. That's fair enough but having been bored shitless for most of the 14 or so years I spent at school, they could have too! And Johnny Ball was the proof. B)

Ha yeah these things go both ways like .

To teacher *in style of frank rizzo* "hey hows about I give YOU some feedback now fruitcake ??!"

5 live saying that a complaint has been made to the police and they're investigating. If he's charged and found guilty he should be sacked. If any employee racially abused someone from another company at a meeting am pretty sure that is what would happen at most if not all companies nowadays. Cappello fought tooth and nail to get him back as England captain too. Bobby Moore must be turning in his grave this morning.

I'm good at lip reading, as I've proven on another thread with Danny Simpson calling someone a wanker in the club shop, and he 100% says hey Anton you black caaaant. The smile on his face when he says it is the most sinister thing about it. They're brought up to be racist in Romford, mind in parts of London you can see how some people do actually become racist. There's a different shape to your mouth when you say black and blind.