Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wenger certainly had some balls to pull that stunt, I have to say he went up in my estimation. I watched that game and never has it been more apparent that that Dean is the biggest cheater on two legs. Stonewall penalty appeal from Arshavin bluntly ignored, very soft penalty given after Rooney went down (but the ball was already bouncing out of play - he would never have reached it!), calls going Man U's way again and again.

Wenger certainly had some balls to pull that stunt, I have to say he went up in my estimation. I watched that game and never has it been more apparent that that Dean is the biggest cheater on two legs. Stonewall penalty appeal from Arshavin bluntly ignored, very soft penalty given after Rooney went down (but the ball was already bouncing out of play - he would never have reached it!), calls going Man U's way again and again.

As much as Wenger is a bad losing, whingeing bastard, you could understand his annoyance this time. The Arshavin one is the clearest of penalites, unless you're away at Old Trafford of course. Then you have a late equaliser disallowed (rightly this time mind) and its hard not to be angry on the touchline there. Also it was funny and he took it well going into the stand with manu fans.

The Rooney one was a penalty to be fair, but if you watch it, he has already decided to go down and is on his way down before Almunia takes him out, but he did take him out and at that speed the ref can only give a pen. If Almunia had just managed to pull back you'd have seen Rooney still going down as he was already part the way there and it would have been a dive.

The further into the season we go, the more convinced I am that O'Neill won't be in charge for much longer. And I think he'll walk too.

The further into the season we go, the more convinced I am that O'Neill won't be in charge for much longer. And I think he'll walk too.

I'm struggling to get my head around the spending situation there. O'Neil never seems to have a bad word to say about Randy Lerner but he seems just as tight with the purse strings as Deadly Doug!

I'm struggling to get my head around the spending situation there. O'Neil never seems to have a bad word to say about Randy Lerner but he seems just as tight with the purse strings as Deadly Doug!

Eh? Villa have spent a decent amount of Lerner's money (not least £12m on Milner). The difference is, he's not been allowed to go daft like Chelsea and Citeh have.

Of all the 'new' football owners out there, Lerner is the best by far IMO.

Eh? Villa have spent a decent amount of Lerner's money (not least £12m on Milner). The difference is, he's not been allowed to go daft like Chelsea and Citeh have.

Of all the 'new' football owners out there, Lerner is the best by far IMO.

Definitely the best of the new owners but I think he picked the wrong club - I see no reason why the game today would not be sold out and the fact it wasn't merely confirms my view.

If that had been us 2nd or 3rd home game in with new players being signed on the back of a cracking season last year there would not have been a seat to be had except in the away end - Villa are truly wank