Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking Tottenham.

Is it wrong that I want the likes of Liverpool and Spurs to drop as many points as possible, even though they'll probably end up above us regardless?

I was desperately wishing Fulham would pull them back, same as I just didnt give a fuck about the wolves game cos they arent really close to us. Its a good feeling, but a dangerous one. :)

England friendly selection::

Joe Hart (Man City), Scott Carson (Bursaspor), David Stockdale (Ipswich)

Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Man Utd), Gary Cahill (Bolton), John Terry (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Joleon Lescott (Man City), Kyle Walker (Tottenham)

Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Jack Rodwell (Everton), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Gareth Barry (Man City), Adam Johnson (Man City), James Milner (Man City), Scott Parker (Tottenham), Theo Walcott (Arsenal)

Darren Bent (Aston Villa), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Gabriel Agbonlahor (Aston Villa), Bobby Zamora (Fulham), Danny Welbeck (Man Utd)

If you're going to put Rodwell and Jagielka in there, then you might as well call up the Taylors and Simpson since they're 3 quarters of the best defence in the league...

... but I'm happy Capello didn't because I don't care about England and I wouldn't want our boys to risk getting injured.

picks johnson but not richards because hes not sure of richards defending

thing is, its not just capello, all recent england managers have had some shite selection policies

England friendly selection::

Joe Hart (Man City), Scott Carson (Bursaspor), David Stockdale (Ipswich)

Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Man Utd), Gary Cahill (Bolton), John Terry (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Joleon Lescott (Man City), Kyle Walker (Tottenham)

Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Jack Rodwell (Everton), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Gareth Barry (Man City), Adam Johnson (Man City), James Milner (Man City), Scott Parker (Tottenham), Theo Walcott (Arsenal)

Darren Bent (Aston Villa), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Gabriel Agbonlahor (Aston Villa), Bobby Zamora (Fulham), Danny Welbeck (Man Utd)

If you're going to put Rodwell and Jagielka in there, then you might as well call up the Taylors and Simpson since they're 3 quarters of the best defence in the league...

... but I'm happy Capello didn't because I don't care about England and I wouldn't want our boys to risk getting injured.

That squad looks pretty wank to me on paper, especially in midfield and attack.

Athletico were unlucky not beat the mighty Barca. Muniain looks a canny player.

I thought Barca were playing Bilbao ;)

theyd be pissed off with Duo there, they have a real thing about people getting that wrong

Russia are canny but Slovakia aren't anything. Wales, Montenegro, Switzerland and Bulgaria are all better than Armenia, Macedonia and Andorra tbh I'd say they're both easy groups and both similar in difficulty mainly due to us having 1 less team in the group. We both struck lucky.

Edited by Barton7

lol are you fucking kidding?

You had a group with less teams which also contained bulgaria wales montenegro and the swiss and we had it easy with more matches let alone the likes of Russia and Slovakia who are arguably better than anyone else in your group?

(and ye drew with montenegro twice!, i could honestly only name 3 players from that team off top of my head, savic , jotevic and vucinic (all badly spelt))

i'll give ya the easier of all the teams in the qualifier for us though, but about time frankly considering who we've had previously ;)

odds on us getting France in our group stage :D

We'd have won all 8 games in Ireland's group imo, and the actual draw to get Estonia, probably the most favourable draw in play off history at any level of football in 30 years? Just hope Ireland get a favourable draw in the actual competition wouldn't want them to be a laughing stock getting beaten 5-0 every game.

Russia are canny but Slovakia aren't anything. Wales, Montenegro, Switzerland and Bulgaria are all better than Armenia, Macedonia and Andorra tbh I'd say they're both easy groups and both similar in difficulty mainly due to us having 1 less team in the group. We both struck lucky.

Switzerland and Wales are better sides than Ireland in my opinion. Bellamy and Bale are better players than Ireland have had since Roy Keane, Montenegro have more stars than Ireland. Ant is a good lad but he pisses green and gets deluded in the national team and republican politics, much like ewerk. They'll putting their eyes oot when England lose 2-0 tomorrow night.

lol are you fucking kidding?

You had a group with less teams which also contained bulgaria wales montenegro and the swiss and we had it easy with more matches let alone the likes of Russia and Slovakia who are arguably better than anyone else in your group?

(and ye drew with montenegro twice!, i could honestly only name 3 players from that team off top of my head, savic , jotevic and vucinic (all badly spelt))

i'll give ya the easier of all the teams in the qualifier for us though, but about time frankly considering who we've had previously ;)

odds on us getting France in our group stage :D

We'd have won all 8 games in Ireland's group imo, and the actual draw to get Estonia, probably the most favourable draw in play off history at any level of football in 30 years? Just hope Ireland get a favourable draw in the actual competition wouldn't want them to be a laughing stock getting beaten 5-0 every game.

Aye, just like you were going to win the WC last year? :rolleyes:

'grats Ireland.

Can't believe how easy they've had it.

It was ridiculously easy last night but considering what happened against France in the previous playoff I think it evens itself out. The team is pedestrian and doesn't even include some of the best players available (Coleman, McCarthy etc) but Trappatoni has made us incredibly well organised (and boring) so I'd say any team (apart from Spain perhaps) will have trouble playing us in the Euros. We won't do anything spectacular but we won't get beaten by much either.

Irelands always been better when we're setup like this tbh, was the same when Charlton was in charge, no passing across the pitch everything down the flanks and don't give possession away cheaply, the only difference is back then we had at least one quality player in every section of the pitch and arguably one of the best centrehalfs in the world even half fit and with a few in him at the back.

I agree that it's the right setup but I think a very slight tweak, ie playing Coleman and occasionally McCarthy could make a difference. The full backs we're playing are Kelly (not playing regularly) and Ward (not a natural left back). I just think it's ridiculous that we ignore a player of Coleman's quality.

Oh aye and like i said Montenegro have 3 stars stevie, two play in italy at juve and fiorentina and one warms the bench at city these days, asides from that who? cause i honestly can't think of any (that's not a dig btw i honestly can't feel free to point them out)

sure your not getting them and serbia mixed up, they've a fair few more "names" among the squad

Do you think any Macedonian could name Ireland's midfield. Keith Andrews, Glenn Whelan ffs. Sean St Ledger at the back. Talk about limited resources.