Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumours that Redknapp has left Spurs.

One says that it's health related, the other that internal revenue is investigating him.

RT @SkySports: Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp will face trial for tax evasion next year.

Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp will stand trial for tax evasion early in the New Year.

Redknapp, 65, charged under his full name Henry James Redknapp, and former Portsmouth owner Milan Mandaric are charged with two counts of cheating the public revenue dating from their involvement at the south-coast club in 2007.

It is alleged that the pair fraudulently concealed payments totalling $295,000 from HM Revenue and Customs by paying the money into a Monaco bank account opened by Redknapp specifically for the purpose.

The payments are alleged to have been made by Mandaric in two tranches, one of $145,000 and a second of $150,000, between April 1 2002 and Nov 28 2007.

"russia are canny but slovakia aren't anything" those first words just ruined the rest of your post, so Russia are great, but the team that knocked them out of the playoffs last year to get to the world cup and then only lose to holland in the last 16, sure they're nothing.

Slovakia are shite man, their world cup group was Paraguay, an imploding Italy and NZ. They got comfortably beaten by Paraguay and then lost in the next round how does that make them good? Not quite sure how it's laughable to say Wales, Montenegro and Bulgaria are better than Armenia, Macedonia and Andorra.

He's not even that good anymore. I'd start with jagielka ahead of him

exactly, Jagielka and Lescott both played really well against spain, Ferdinands finished at the very to level now but capellos already told him hes certain to go to the euros even though we've better options coming through playing more games and playing well

Sweden could play with 4 in wheelchairs, 5 amputees, DEADMAN and Paul Wyn up front, and we still wouldn't beat them. I think the word bogey team was specifically made for Sweden from an England point of view.

WORLD CUP Tu 20Jun 2006 Sweden 2 - 2 England

2003/2004

INTERNATIONAL We 31Mar 2004 Sweden 1 - 0 England

2001/2002

WORLD CUP Su 02Jun 2002 England 1 - 1 Sweden

INTERNATIONAL Sa 10Nov 2001 England 1 - 1 Sweden

1998/1999

EURO CHAMPIONSHIPS Sa 05Jun 1999 England 0 - 0 Sweden

EURO CHAMPIONSHIPS Sa 05Sep 1998 Sweden 2 - 1 England

1994/1995

INTERNATIONAL Th 08Jun 1995 England 3 - 3 Sweden

1991/1992

EURO CHAMPIONSHIPS We 17Jun 1992 Sweden 2 - 1 England

1989/1990

WORLD CUP We 06Sep 1989 Sweden 0 - 0 England

WORLD CUP We 19Oct 1988 England 0 - 0 Sweden

1986/1987

INTERNATIONAL We 10Sep 1986 Sweden 1 - 0 England

1978/1979

INTERNATIONAL Su 10Jun 1979 Sweden 0 - 0 England

1967/1968

INTERNATIONAL We 22May 1968 England 3 - 1 Sweden

A draw, I'd say. We looked rubbish against the Danes though so wouldn't be surprised if the undefeated run comes to an end tonight.

We should beat Sweden every time, but we don't, that's our biggest handicap tonight. 1-1 draw..again.

Off to the Ireland match tonight. Going to be a bit odd being 4-0 up.

The Estonians looked absolutely terrified in that first game. Paralyzed. Like that goal from Robbie Keane, when the Estonian keeper saves the freekick there are TWO Irish players first to the ball for the rebound.

A draw, I'd say. We looked rubbish against the Danes though so wouldn't be surprised if the undefeated run comes to an end tonight.

We should beat Sweden every time, but we don't, that's our biggest handicap tonight. 1-1 draw..again.

I'd say that's your biggest handicap in every game, tbh - the "we should win" attitude. Puts to much pressure on the team. Should be more humble and play to your strengths. Like against Spain. Wasn't pretty, but you won the game.

Should be more humble and play to your strengths. Like against Spain. Wasn't pretty, but you won the game.

Tbh if I were an England fan I wouldn't have been happy with the pundits' analysis after the game, basically advocating that England should be a 'spoiler' team against the likes of Spain and Germany. It's basically doing what the shit teams in the PL do up against the big boys.

got to play to your strengths though, that style works better for the english game since all our players are based in the PL we're better off trying to assert a PL style on opponents and the basis of most PL teams is in defensive organisation rather than real attacking flair/style/possession that spain play or playing in the way the germans do