Other games

Park Life

Should be more humble and play to your strengths. Like against Spain. Wasn't pretty, but you won the game.

Tbh if I were an England fan I wouldn't have been happy with the pundits' analysis after the game, basically advocating that England should be a 'spoiler' team against the likes of Spain and Germany. It's basically doing what the shit teams in the PL do up against the big boys.

There's the rub, I suppose. Do you accept that we are inferior to them, take the pragmatic approach like Greece did so efficiently and enjoy the success as and when it comes, or do you say fuck it, I'd rather not win than have my country be remembered as the worst ever winner of an international tournament.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Germany v Holland the neet. Class this youtube, shame I can't speak Dutch. 1:20-1:38 comedy gold. He has his hair pulled 3 times, kicked in the head, then slapped to the floor then nothing happens to the dutch :lol: pmsl. The mullet on Voller too. Was good v evil this. Koeman whips Matthaus arse with his top at the end of the game too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvXl9yC7dss

Should be more humble and play to your strengths. Like against Spain. Wasn't pretty, but you won the game.

Tbh if I were an England fan I wouldn't have been happy with the pundits' analysis after the game, basically advocating that England should be a 'spoiler' team against the likes of Spain and Germany. It's basically doing what the shit teams in the PL do up against the big boys.

There's the rub, I suppose. Do you accept that we are inferior to them, take the pragmatic approach like Greece did so efficiently and enjoy the success as and when it comes, or do you say fuck it, I'd rather not win than have my country be remembered as the worst ever winner of an international tournament.

I think that's going too far. Yes, England were the team sitting back, spoiling and countering, but you can't compare that to Greece. They basically played a 7-2-1 formation or sth like that.

A draw, I'd say. We looked rubbish against the Danes though so wouldn't be surprised if the undefeated run comes to an end tonight.

We should beat Sweden every time, but we don't, that's our biggest handicap tonight. 1-1 draw..again.

I'd say that's your biggest handicap in every game, tbh - the "we should win" attitude. Puts to much pressure on the team. Should be more humble and play to your strengths. Like against Spain. Wasn't pretty, but you won the game.

Our strengths? What would you say our strengths are? Certainly playing direct football isn't one of them.

A draw, I'd say. We looked rubbish against the Danes though so wouldn't be surprised if the undefeated run comes to an end tonight.

We should beat Sweden every time, but we don't, that's our biggest handicap tonight. 1-1 draw..again.

I'd say that's your biggest handicap in every game, tbh - the "we should win" attitude. Puts to much pressure on the team. Should be more humble and play to your strengths. Like against Spain. Wasn't pretty, but you won the game.

Our strengths? What would you say our strengths are? Certainly playing direct football isn't one of them.

OK, maybe "play to your strengths" wasn't a good description. I'm just saying Capello's more patient approach may be a good way to get results against some teams. I wouldn't write him off just yet.

OK, maybe "play to your strengths" wasn't a good description. I'm just saying Capello's more patient approach may be a good way to get results against some teams. I wouldn't write him off just yet.

I like seeing England playing fast attacking skillful pacey high tempo football, like Man Utd do sometimes. That's our strength. Playing this slow tippy tappy bollocks is not our strength and playing the boring Italian defensive method isn't our strength neither. Having said that Italy have won World Cup's playing exactly like we did the other night but it's not England. To be fair the side we had out against Spain was a virtual reserve team anyway. Vi ar Svenska fans alle hoppa!

Did you not see the World Cup?

Beyond written off. Aren't we all just marking time to the end of his contract?

I like seeing England playing fast attacking skillful pacey high tempo football, like Man Utd do sometimes. That's our strength. Playing this slow tippy tappy bollocks is not our strength and playing the boring Italian defensive method isn't our strength neither. Having said that Italy have won World Cup's playing exactly like we did the other night but it's not England. To be fair the side we had out against Spain was a virtual reserve team anyway. Vi ar Svenska fans alle hoppa!

Well yeah, I agree, that's the English way of playing and I love that, that's why I love English football. But, since England aren't among the very best teams in the world (I don't expect you to agree with me on that) that may not be the best way to get results when playing for example Spain or Brazil.

So, you support Sweden now? ;)

Did you not see the World Cup?

Beyond written off. Aren't we all just marking time to the end of his contract?

I did. That Germany game must have felt like being flayed alive.

Well yeah, I agree, that's the English way of playing and I love that, that's why I love English football. But, since England aren't among the very best teams in the world (I don't expect you to agree with me on that) that may not be the best way to get results when playing for example Spain or Brazil.

Spain are head and shoulders the best team in the world. Argentina should be close but they're no where near. Germany have a good way of playing but they're not that much better than us if at all with a decent manager, the rest? You must be joking Holland, Portugal, England, France are all at a very similar level Brazil are shite at this moment in time and are in this second group, then for me there's a big gap to Italy, Ireland, Sweden, Croatia and Greece. We are ranked the fourth best team in Europe, 6th best in the world and I think that's about right.

No but I like Sweden, was in the Sverige end when they lost 2-1 to Belgium in Brussells at Euro 2000. They drink like we do, I was shocked at how many pissed Swede cunts there were, not half hearted pissed, like Glasgow levels of drunkenness.

Spain are head and shoulders the best team in the world. Argentina should be close but they're no where near. Germany have a good way of playing but they're not that much better than us if at all with a decent manager, the rest? You must be joking Holland, Portugal, England, France are all at a very similar level Brazil are shite at this moment in time and are in this second group, then for me there's a big gap to Italy, Ireland, Sweden, Croatia and Greece. We are ranked the fourth best team in Europe, 6th best in the world and I think that's about right.

No but I like Sweden, was in the Sverige end when they lost 2-1 to Belgium in Brussells at Euro 2000. They drink like we do, I was shocked at how many pissed Swede cunts there were, not half hearted pissed, like Glasgow levels of drunkenness.

Agree with most of that, although I'd say Brazil is still among the very best and I rate Holland and Germany above England. That group of teams below the very best is a crowded one. Teams like Russia, Ivory Coast are difficult to assess. Uruguay are a great team as well, not the greatest players but a great team.

:icon_lol: Aye, I suppose we do!

Edited by hostile_statue

Agree with most of that, although I'd say Brazil is still among the very best and I rate Holland and Germany above England. That group of teams below the very best is a crowded one. Teams like Russia, Ivory Coast are difficult to assess. Uruguay are a great team as well, not the greatest players but a great team.

:icon_lol: Aye, I suppose we do!

Wait till we get another manager. Football is a fluid business, and before the 2010 WC even the Germans thought they were behind us. As for Holland, they're a decent side, but more than beatable. This is the worst Brazil in history, they need Neymar to be a legend and others if they're to win in 2014.

I hadn't noticed that this is our first Euros in 24 years. Mental.

I was about to say you were there in '88 before I realised that was 24 years ago! [/showingmyage]

And we all remember how it went then ;)

Well I've read about it.

I remember it all too well. We were exepected to give you a hiding, edge it against the Russians and at least get a draw against the Dutch. It was awful!