Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there must be some creative accounting going on either on Spurs side or our side. Our wage bill must be a lot lower than Spurs yet with player sales and 48k through the gates each home game we are still making a loss apparently. Over the last 3 or 4 years spurs have spent fucking fortunes on the transfers and wages of

Keane

Bassong

Woodgate

Krancjar

Pavluychenko

Defoe

Bentley

Palacious

Gomes

Hutton

Dos Santos

VDV

Adebayor

Dawson

Huddlestone

Corluka

Kaboul

Crouch

Gallas

Bale

As for getting to the 1/4 finals of the Champions League once. How the fuck is that success? They have won 1 league cup in 2008, currently sit 3rd in their Europa League group.

They haven't though. There absolute top earner is on 70k, it's a very very strict wage structure which is why it's unlikely Adebayor will be there next season on his 150k a week. They earn £20m more a year than us because of a number of factors. One is despite their lower capacity, we make about the same from gate receipts because being in London their ticket prices are more expensive than ours. People in the North East can't afford £72 a ticket for some games, doesn't make them any bigger than us but that's a fact. Also we used to be far better marketed under the previous regime, while Levy signs sponsorship deals comparable to AC Milan and Bayern, I don't know how he does it with a mediocre club like them but he does, and it just shows jews are the best at making money.

Spurs are operating within their means; they can spend big because they're selling well.

If Redknapp's ticker can't cope anymore or he gets the England job, they'll find it incredibly difficult to replace him. He's the main reason they went from also-rans to a more competitive team.

I hate all this shit now though that comes each season about them being outside shots for the title. They're nowhere near good enough to mount a serious title challenge, nor do I think they will be. They are the most likely to overtake Chelsea and Arsenal into the top 3 teams however.

Exactly, one good game against a woeful Villa and Arry is talking about winning the league. :lol:

Trounced Liverpool and beat Arsenal too.

Spurs are operating within their means; they can spend big because they're selling well.

If Redknapp's ticker can't cope anymore or he gets the England job, they'll find it incredibly difficult to replace him. He's the main reason they went from also-rans to a more competitive team.

I hate all this shit now though that comes each season about them being outside shots for the title. They're nowhere near good enough to mount a serious title challenge, nor do I think they will be. They are the most likely to overtake Chelsea and Arsenal into the top 3 teams however.

Exactly, one good game against a woeful Villa and Arry is talking about winning the league. :lol:

It's not one good game though at all, that's where you're talking pish. They've won every game they've played this season other than against the Man Utd, Man City and Newcastle, and they've played everyone of note. They've only dropped 8 points.

Yet only managed a draw against us? Spurs dont have a hope in hell of finishing this season on more points than either of the manchester clubs imo

Yeah but football doesn't work like that, does it? We drew with Arsenal at home last year and beat them away but they came 4th and we came 12th.

It's not one good game though at all, that's where you're talking pish. They've won every game they've played this season other than against the Man Utd, Man City and Newcastle, and they've played everyone of note. They've only dropped 8 points.

Well we will see in 6 months. I've been wrong before but I think they have a few players on form at, Parker, VDV, Adebayor, Bale. Not often a players form continues for a full season at that level. Look at Rooney 18months ago.

Yet only managed a draw against us? Spurs dont have a hope in hell of finishing this season on more points than either of the manchester clubs imo

Yeah but football doesn't work like that, does it? We drew with Arsenal at home last year and beat them away but they came 4th and we came 12th.

Well if thats the case the original point doesnt stand either :lol:

What original point?

We haven't lost at home in nearly 9 month man, and last season only one top 6 club came here and won, and we're even better now. I just shake my head at your knowledge and perception sometimes.

I don't think anyone has said they have, but they will finish third in my view.

And raked in 350 mill last year on their CL run. Zero success.. that would be beating Milan and reaching the quarter-finals on the first attempt then?

So Spurs earned over £300m more than Barca, who won it?

Did you just make that figure up?

edit; ignore this post, just seen your self-correction

Edited by Tecato

What original point?

Happys, that they beat Arsenal and Liverpool so must be brilliant. Which was where my comparison came in.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/15830552.stm

He always says stuff like that man. Gives the fans and players extra confidence. Deep down I'm sure he realises how unlikely it is. But you never know, it could happen. By that token we could win it also.

What original point?

Happys, that they beat Arsenal and Liverpool so must be brilliant. Which was where my comparison came in.

I thought his point was in response to your assertion that Redknapp's comments were borne out of 'one good game' tbh.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/15830552.stm

Well he's a fanny but a bit of positivity does no one any harm. When Sir John Hall said in May 1993 to Ferguson "we're coming for your title",everyone thought shut up you stupid doilum, but he believed it and positivity spreads positivity, I don't see any negatives in him saying that to be honest, even if it's a bit deluded. Where do you think Tottenham will come and why?

Edited by McFaul

What original point?

I thought his point was in response to your assertion that Redknapp's comments were borne out of 'one good game' tbh.

Whatever they were borne out of, surely the same reasoning applies?

I still can't stand Spurs. It's somewhat irrational.

I don't even hate Man City, I just don't respect their achievements.

Mine isn't irrational their supporters are fucking arseholes, it's perfectly rational. Of the 12 big teams in this country the only clubs I respect are Man Utd and Arsenal, and even Arsenal fans are self absorbed.

What original point?

Whatever they were borne out of, surely the same reasoning applies?

I'd argue a sequence of good results is a better indication as to how a team is performing compared to just one game against a dreary Aston VIlla side. I'm literally struggling to believe I have to spell this out if I'm being honest.