Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it was last night but can I just say Sky need to retire the over-rated Martin Tyler and never put Niall Quinn in a co-commentator's role again. Thanks.

Tylers not too bad, honestly don't know who Id have instead of him

Nevilles the best pundit/co comm around at the moment but most of the main commentators are berks

Neville's a conundrum. He's one of the more engaging pundits but at the same time you know the pure evil that lurks behind those eyes. Last night was a case in point; gave a really fair summary of where the game was won and lost, but at the same time you knew he'd have spent 90 minutes absolutely praying for Man U to win.

I don't have a problem ith that. Itd be daft to expect him to suddenly have no allegiance but he's professional enough not to let it creep in when he analyses

These guys are all football fans when it comes down to it.

Im as anti man u as they come but Neville has earnt himself a reprieve from me with his recent displays of insight and competence.

I've got to put up with Steve McManaman over here at the moment, it's like a bloke commentating a match of his mates whenever he covers Liverpool constantly bringing up recent conversations he's had with the players.

Wilkins does my head in now, he started off ok. Some good insight having just come out of top level coaching ut that lasted about 2 weeks before it was frank and John and didi and trotting out cliches with the best of them

Wilkins does my head in now, he started off ok. Some good insight having just come out of top level coaching ut that lasted about 2 weeks before it was frank and John and didi and trotting out cliches with the best of them

:lol: Aye he goes whole matches only referring to them by their first names, what a nob.

Neville is excellent. Check out his opinions on diving -- very insightful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNx5ok60U6A

McManaman is awful -- I was listening to him commentate the game where we beat Liverpool 2-0 and it was horrendously biased. I can't stand him. Would like to see some of the more thoughtful players/managers move into commentary. Kompany would be great at it eventually, and Shay Given is alright when he's on MOTD.

Spoilt by the fact that Gerrard is a fucking cheat. The other players he mentioned did cheat but I wouldn't necessarily say they were cheats in the mode of Cole(s), Drogba, Young and yes Gerrard.

Really insightful, and it really is hard to figure out how to reverse the development.

Could you have the ref with a earplug connected to panel of judges in front of high-speed cameras communicating to him in retrospect?

Should be quite easy, but then again you might risk players not diving/pulling out and instead risking career-threatening injuries.

I imagine quite a few dives are also life-savers in terms of avoiding a broken leg..