Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason people seem to think it's ok for Villa fans to boo McLeish but not Blackburn fans to boo Kean. Completely behind the Blackburn fans on this one. Venky's ownership of them is extremely dodgy from the various reports I've heard with Allardyce, their former chairman Williams and others having to sign agreements not to talk about certain aspects of the ownership adding weight to the various rumours. Add to that the agent Jerome Anderson who has basically been choosing who they buy (he's also Kean and most of the squads agent) siginng players like Bruno Ribero and his own son Miles who have yet to play a single game. Not to mention flops like Petrovic and Dann. They have every right to boo.

It might be a bit unfair but the latter Shepherd years were for me tainted by Paul Stretford's company having an office at SJP and that company employing the chairmans son Kenny. Then Souness came in and so did the hugely fuckin dodgy Willie Mckay with the Amdy Faye move from Pompey where that one transfer resulted in the police arresting 3 people....Mckay,Redknapp and Peter Storey. Pleased to say that doesnt appear to happen now although Simon Stainrod is a regular visitor to SJP as he's Ben Arfa's agent....apparently working on one or two signings for us this summer too.

You're spot on about Blackburn and their fans, theyve got an abysmal set of owners and an agent running the football side of things where his chief motivation is making money for himself. Jack Walker must be spinning in his grave tonight.

Why did he stop posting on here? Always seemed canny to me.

had enough of stevie acting like he knew more about blackburn rovers as a club than their own fans iirc

I think there was a bet too, stevie backing kean to keep them up.

Poor Kean, he's had to sell his best players, had dressing room mutiny, little or no help from the board, it's Venky's who have fucked the club up not Kean. The shite he's put up with from the fans, was unreal, small time town small time club. I think they'll end up with some Phil Brown type and the next stop is probably League One. Lets be honest, Blackburn have over achieved for over 20 years, bottom of the Championship top of League One is probably their level, I'm only sad to see them go because it's a good away day. Probably the ugliest supporters in British football too.

That's bollocks IMO. They're perfectly entitled to have their say. They're being mismanaged at every level of the club, you don't just turn up and be a clapping seal in those circumstances.

Blaming the fans is bullshit.

I think they can quite rightly take some of the blame today. Half an hour to go, its nil-nil in a make or break game and those daft bastards are singing "Kean Out" instead of taking every chance to intimidate the opposition and spur on their players.

I saw Mark Hughes talking about looking at QPRs fixtures when he came which I've always been in two minds about as it can easily go wrong (see us Vs Wigan) but the time for Blackburn to go shit or bust wasn't tonight it was against Spurs and that's why I have little sympathy for them. I'm all for do or die support but if they had won tonight did they really think Chelsea was a starter? - I think the fans knew the answer to that so had resigned themselves to it anyway so thought the club was best served by voicing dissent.

In some ways Stevie's right - Kean was in a bad position but I think it was his view that Kean actually did have a clue what he was doing in spite of the shite off the pitch that rankled Billy.

Maybe its now a case of relegation being a good thing in the same way that I thought ours was at the time in that it will rid them of the owners and they can start afresh - though that might be more of a struggle than it would have been for us.

Ultimately blackburn went down because they werent good enough over the whole season. Id look at the players, manager and owners before blaming the fans.

id probably blame the owners too if I was a rovers fan.

They lost a lot of their decent players. Yakabu, Emerton, Ryan Nelsen to try and cut the wage bill. They never really got replaced. Samba handed in a transfer request and got dropped and then left for big paychecks in Russia. Kean was a hiding to nothing imo.

Kean is refusing to resign. What an honourable gent.

Tough though isn't it? He's not a Gullit where he can just walk away and still be loaded. He's looking at a massive paycut whatever he does next, and he probably feels he's been shafted by the owners and is entitled to a payoff if he's gonna leave.

I bet he's sick of his life. He's still shit like.

They lost a lot of their decent players. Yakabu, Emerton, Ryan Nelsen to try and cut the wage bill. They never really got replaced. Samba handed in a transfer request and got dropped and then left for big paychecks in Russia. Kean was a hiding to nothing imo.

yakubu played last night didn't he?

Did well to keep his apparent calm as it were . Been hoaded for months and last night was being urged to get off touchline and off down the tunnel . He was visibly saying 'what for ?' but you could sense he was almost gagging to windmill anyone coming to have a pop !

Did well to keep his apparent calm as it were . Been hoaded for months and last night was being urged to get off touchline and off down the tunnel . He was visibly saying 'what for ?' but you could sense he was almost gagging to windmill anyone coming to have a pop !

Would have loved to see him drop into a fighting stance and spark out a few of the booing idiots.

I reckon the Venky's thought they'd bought a safe Premier League side that could tout their brand in the UK, and to be frank it's certainly raised the awareness of them as I'd never heard of them prior to this.

However, they've not financially backed the manager, the manager has been poor with regards to tactics and motivating his players, the big characters in the dressing room have either fucked off or not stepped up and the fans haven't supported their club. They've all contributed to this relegation and nobody comes out with any credit imo. Also, when it panned to the people in the crowd, none of them looked devastated, just kind of numb which, for me, indicates that it's been expected for a while and that the fans aren't as connected as perhaps we (or West Ham) were when we went down.

Mind you when Ashley's stock was at the lowest we still turned out and cheered on the team. Nobody was chanting for Kinnear to be sacked, it was all anti-Ashley. I didn't notice one Venky-based chant last night, it was all "Kean out", groaning at the players or chicken based.

I'd agree that unless someone buys them, it'll be a miracle if they come back up next season and if they sort their house out soon they may not be back for a long long time.

Would have loved to see him drop into a fighting stance and spark out a few of the booing idiots.

I reckon the Venky's thought they'd bought a safe Premier League side that could tout their brand in the UK, and to be frank it's certainly raised the awareness of them as I'd never heard of them prior to this.

However, they've not financially backed the manager, the manager has been poor with regards to tactics and motivating his players, the big characters in the dressing room have either fucked off or not stepped up and the fans haven't supported their club. They've all contributed to this relegation and nobody comes out with any credit imo. Also, when it panned to the people in the crowd, none of them looked devastated, just kind of numb which, for me, indicates that it's been expected for a while and that the fans aren't as connected as perhaps we (or West Ham) were when we went down.

Mind you when Ashley's stock was at the lowest we still turned out and cheered on the team. Nobody was chanting for Kinnear to be sacked, it was all anti-Ashley. I didn't notice one Venky-based chant last night, it was all "Kean out", groaning at the players or chicken based.

I'd agree that unless someone buys them, it'll be a miracle if they come back up next season and if they sort their house out soon they may not be back for a long long time.

Agree with all of that. Their future looks tragic under these Venkeys and they desperately need to 'drop anchor' next season at least or it could spiral (down the plughole) . Maybe the Venkeys can capture Ronaldinho, Beckham and Maradona for next season - as they've said in the past .

One fella last night was sat in fancy dress (a parrot no less) with a placard "THE VENKEYS MAKE ME SICK AS A PARROT" .

All and sundry have been shafted by those turkeys really and to extend the food connotations, they've pissed on their proverbial chips in the process .