Sky Plus or Recordable DVD Player

LeazesMag

In particular, what I would like to know is :

Does having skyplus cost any more on your monthly package with sky ?

How many TV's can be run off a skyplus system - at present we have an upstairs and a downstairs TV running from the skybox.

Relative to the above question - if you record on the skyplus hard disk, can you watch it on the upstairs TV and copy it onto another DVD recorder which is upstairs (important requirement)

can anyone tell me the plusses and minuses ?

SKY+ is genuinely one of the best things you could invest in, the only minus is that you can't share recordings, but the best combination is SKY+ and a DVD recorder, then if there are any recordings you want to keep and share you have the option, but if it is one or the other than it is SKY+ every single time, in the words of Timmy Mallet "its what your telly was made for"

Does having skyplus cost any more on your monthly package with sky ? I think they are free to new subscribers, not sure about existing users

How many TV's can be run off a skyplus system - at present we have an upstairs and a downstairs TV running from the skybox. Most have two outputs but if not you could use a wireless video sender

Relative to the above question - if you record on the skyplus hard disk, can you watch it on the upstairs TV and copy it onto another DVD recorder which is upstairs (important requirement) You can record SKY+ recordings to a DVD recorder if you connect your SKY+ signal to a DVD recorder

cheers Jimbo. Its the 2nd output that I want, currently the 2nd output from the skybox runs upstairs into another video/Tv setup with a DVD recorder and I use this to edit NUFC games, and copy the odd film or programme to keep.

I have to be able to continue doing this on a long term basis ie what I mean is copy from the hard disk on the skyplus direct onto the upstairs DVD recorder. When you copy from the hard disk on a skyplus box, can you stop it and edit as you go ?

And how many hours of recording does the hard disk hold ?

cheers Jimbo. Its the 2nd output that I want, currently the 2nd output from the skybox runs upstairs into another video/Tv setup with a DVD recorder and I use this to edit NUFC games, and copy the odd film or programme to keep.

I have to be able to continue doing this on a long term basis ie what I mean is copy from the hard disk on the skyplus direct onto the upstairs DVD recorder. When you copy from the hard disk on a skyplus box, can you stop it and edit as you go ?

And how many hours of recording does the hard disk hold ?

To record a SKY+ recording to a DVD recorder you would have to record the playback in realtime IE record as it plays so essentially you could pause your recording to your hearts content.

As for video output you'd be better off using one of these:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/part...IDEO+SENDER.htm

With this you could send video wirelessly to another room obviously without cables.

Not sure what the capacity of SKY+ hard drives are these days, they used to be 40gig which was good for 20hrs of recording.