George Burley & Hearts part company.

Optimistic Nut

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So you'd be happy for him to turn up pissed for work every day as long as the results were coming in?

48280[/snapback]

Yes.

I hear Brian Clough was a shit manager btw.

48281[/snapback]

Clough didn't turn up pissed for training regularly.

48294[/snapback]

Has Burley?

48300[/snapback]

In 6 years living in Suffolk I never heard much locally (and I know plenty of ITFC fans and visited the training ground frequently) about this alleged drinking.

He wasnt pissed when he took them to the top5 but was when he got them relegated? Is that how it works?

No.

48306[/snapback]

So basically you dont know?

Read the Derby forums. they point out that the reason for George leaving was that he wasnt allowed a free rein to manage.

'the reasons werent opaque'

Dont want him as manager but this tabloid stuff does my head in.

The former Derby County manager, George Burley, has been explaining the reasoning behind his resignation this morning.

Speaking to BBC Radio Derby, Burley said he resigned from his position because he had been let down by the club's board.

Burley claims there was - what he called - an on-going issue which proved impossible to resolve, widely understood to be his worsening relationship with the club's Director of Football, Murdo Mackay.

During an eight-year reign he won promotion to the FA Premier League via the play-offs at Wembley, where he guided the unfancied Ipswich to a fifth place finish and qualification for the UEFA Cup. Relegation the following season saw Burley's side struggling at the foot of Division One and his contract was terminated by mutual agreement in 2002.

At what point during that did he start drinking,start turning up drunk or did it become unnacceptable to his employers?

If he took over on Monday and got us 3rd spot from this train-wreck of a season, would it be acceptable if he drank too much?

No.

48306[/snapback]

Read the Derby forums. they point out that the reason for George leaving was that he wasnt allowed a free rein to manage.

The former Derby County manager, George Burley, has been explaining the reasoning behind his resignation this morning.

Speaking to BBC Radio Derby, Burley said he resigned from his position because he had been let down by the club's board.

Burley claims there was - what he called - an on-going issue which proved impossible to resolve, widely understood to be his worsening relationship with the club's Director of Football, Murdo Mackay.

48309[/snapback]

I don't read tabloids tbh.

No.

48306[/snapback]

48309[/snapback]

I don't read tabloids tbh.

48317[/snapback]

Were you at Derby's training ground when he turned up pissed? Were you in the boardroom when he got "the boot" for being pissed?

Are you suggesting the piece on the BBC website that states he resigned rather than being sacked is inaccurate?

Why? Just curious as to how you know so much about George Burley.

The "official" line is that he resigned.

Are all of the managers that "part company" mutual? No, they are sacked but a more diplomatic statement is released to protect reputation, etc.

See.....

The "official" line is that he resigned.

Are all of the managers that "part company" mutual?  No, they are sacked but  a more diplomatic statement is released to protect reputation, etc.

See.....

48324[/snapback]

You don't know, do you? Your like an old biddy spreading rumours tbh.

Why has he left under a cloud at his last two posistions?

48328[/snapback]

British weather tbh.

Edited by DotBum

It has been rumoured since the summer that Burley and Romanov would clash due to Romanov wanting to much control over matters. He signed two players just before the deadline that Burley had no knowledge of or even wanted.

It has been speculated for a while now that Romanov is trying to pick the team and make sure the players he signed are on the park. Its interesting to see the parting has happened a few hours before kick off on a match day.

Best case scenario: Burley leaves Hearts the day before Souness' job goes on the line against Sunderland. Graeme gets the boot, George comes in and we rise up the table :nufc:

Worst case scenario: Burley leaves Hearts as Birmingham suffer another defeat and poor performance. Steve Bruce (who is on the brink) walks/is sacked. George takes over, Birmingham rise up the table.

Newcastle sack Souness after losing to Sunderland. Lard Lad puts on his geordie-tinted glasses © and selects Bruce as his new manager. Newcastle slide down the table :(

Which scenario is most likely?

Best case scenario: Burley leaves Hearts the day before Souness' job goes on the line against Sunderland. Graeme gets the boot, George comes in and we rise up the table :nufc:

Worst case scenario: Burley leaves Hearts as Birmingham suffer another defeat and poor performance. Steve Bruce (who is on the brink) walks/is sacked. George takes over, Birmingham rise up the table.

Newcastle sack Souness after losing to Sunderland. Lard Lad puts on his geordie-tinted glasses © and selects Bruce as his new manager. Newcastle slide down the table  :(

Which scenario is most likely?

48351[/snapback]

The first case scenario, although I can think of better ones!

Why has he left under a cloud at his last two posistions?

48328[/snapback]

Don't take this the wrong way but you strike me as an opinionated cunt who talks utter bollocks.

48373[/snapback]

You trying to chat him up?

48381[/snapback]

:nufc: How'd you know?