George Burley & Hearts part company.

Optimistic Nut

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst Burley is one manager who i would love to take over he left because of his relationship with Romanov.

Chairmen signing players now that does sound familiar...wouldn`t working with Fat Freddie be the same as what hes just left?

48243[/snapback]

Appears he is bit more ruthless than his former manager from what I gather.

He was in a situation where he had to buy cleverly at Ipswich and failed after finishing 5th.Matteo Serrini(sp?), Finidi George etc didnt work out.

However, he did manage to do well there and wasnt one to suffer fools gladly. I know he did manage to set up the systems fantastically well though e.g. youth policy etc

I think he would struggle here in that we are more demanding. He is comfortably easier to like than Souness but I think we need someone strong with a proven record. Whether that is the German fella I dont know.

Time for a change though and Geoge Burley wouldnt be the worst.

Amazing response from people on here. George Burley leaves his second job in a year and you all want him as manager.

This looks very dodgy and the alcohol rumours are bound to start flying.

Amazing response from people on here.  George Burley leaves his second job in a year and you all want him as manager.

48246[/snapback]

????

Don't know what you mean but I am certain he would be an improvement over Souness. Not my first chioce adnittedly.

Absoloutely gutted as a Hearts fan!

Burley had said some things publicly about Romanov but was also addemant there was no rift!.

But knowing what is happening to Hearts at the minute i wouldnt be suprised if Romanov has a big name lined up to take over!.

Amazing response from people on here.  George Burley leaves his second job in a year and you all want him as manager.

48246[/snapback]

????

Don't know what you mean but I am certain he would be an improvement over Souness. Not my first chioce adnittedly.

48249[/snapback]

Rumoured to have repeatedly come into training legless during his closing weeks at Derby.

the word from gorgie is hes definatelty been sacked over his drinking!

48259[/snapback]

Bizarre. He's doing a fantastic job, you would think they could turn a blind eye.

48266[/snapback]

ahahahahahahaaaa, what?

the word from gorgie is hes definatelty been sacked over his drinking!

48259[/snapback]

Bizarre. He's doing a fantastic job, you would think they could turn a blind eye.

48266[/snapback]

ahahahahahahaaaa, what?

48269[/snapback]

Eh? Would have thought it was pretty obvious. Would anyone mind Dyer goingout on the lash if he was doing the job on the field? I don't think so. When Hearts went off the rails, that would have been the time to act. As it is they have thrown away there best chance of winning the SPL for nearly 50 years.

So you'd be happy for him to turn up pissed for work every day as long as the results were coming in?

48280[/snapback]

Yes.

I hear Brian Clough was a shit manager btw.

48281[/snapback]

Clough didn't turn up pissed for training regularly.

So you'd be happy for him to turn up pissed for work every day as long as the results were coming in?

48280[/snapback]

Absolutely, I'm struggling to see another possible viewpoint!

48280[/snapback]

Yes.

I hear Brian Clough was a shit manager btw.

48281[/snapback]

Clough didn't turn up pissed for training regularly.

48294[/snapback]

Has Burley?

Professionalism :nufc:

48297[/snapback]

It's a unique job, good results turn unproffesionalism into eccentricities. Would you have a manager that injured a staff member with a boot? Dealt with poor performance or mutiny with fisticuffs?

Drinking heavily is not too uncommon in their job either.