Jenas

not_a_racist

Again.

I'm a minority but I always liked the lads attitude. He never moaned about being played all over the place unlike others we could mention. He was played out of position for most of his time here and suffered. Never moaned though.

Good luck to him.

Hope he rediscovers his confidence and shows what a lot of people knew. He had everything it took to be a very good footballer - except a manager who played him in his correct position(SBR and GS both guilty of that)

Just scored a fucking beautiful free-kick, he's deffinately got potential.

48298[/snapback]

Used properly he is a good player. Just takes time and finding the right position and staying there. the lad played practically every position for us. We ruined him.

Not the first though. Wont be the last.

There is a difference between playing a centre half like Taylor at right back and then to centre half - everyone from Ledley King to Sol Campbell to Paul Parker (very good centre half at 5'6 at QPR) to Jamie Carragher and in reverse Gary Neville have doen that.

With players like Jenas we simply didnt give him any chance by constantly moving him about. Hardly surprising he last confidence.

Not going to be a great but will be a very good player for them.

Still don't rate the sulky git, I'd imagine that his freekick was the only positive thing he did all afternoon.

48308[/snapback]

When did he sulk?

48311[/snapback]

When didn't he ?

Still don't rate the sulky git, I'd imagine that his freekick was the only positive thing he did all afternoon.

48308[/snapback]

indeed. Glad he's gone, and should be annoyed if he does alright for Spurs, but it annoyed me to hear he scored earlier today grrr.

48308[/snapback]

indeed. Glad he's gone, and should be annoyed if he does alright for Spurs, but it annoyed me to hear he scored earlier today grrr.

48314[/snapback]

I'm glad he's taken points off Man U, I'll be glad if his performances make us another 2 million on the transfer (that's half an Emre!) but his late performances and the way he left showed an utter disrespect for the club so hopefully he'll trip over his ego and snap a cruciate when he's got us the cash.

48308[/snapback]

48314[/snapback]

I'm glad he's taken points off Man U, I'll be glad if his performances make us another 2 million on the transfer (that's half an Emre!) but his late performances and the way he left showed an utter disrespect for the club so hopefully he'll trip over his ego and snap a cruciate when he's got us the cash.

48316[/snapback]

I cant agree with that. Never saw the lad sulk or any sign of this disrespect. Did see a player who didnt have any confidence though.

Its very odd how the likes of Jenas who dont moan but do get moved sall over the shop end up with this sort of diatribe.

Those who show clear disrespect to the club like Craig - 'I will leave if you buy better" Bellamy are treated with adulation by some.

Just a thought. Maybe its that jilted feeling.

I cant agree with that. Never saw the lad sulk or any sign of this disrespect. Did see a player who didnt have any confidence though.

Its very odd how the likes of Jenas who dont moan but do get moved sall over the shop end up with this sort of diatribe.

Those who show clear disrespect to the club like Craig - 'I will leave if you buy better" Bellamy are treated with adulation by some.

48319[/snapback]

I can respect why you might feel that way but you're wrong, in my case anyway.

48319[/snapback]

I can respect why you might feel that way but you're wrong, in my case anyway.

48321[/snapback]

I can see why some dont like him. He isnt easily likeable.

However. There are some who deserve our wrath. Others I dont give a toss about really but I like to see how they progress. Jenas is in the latter category. The players in the former category are easily identifiable. They are the ones who dont want to play if we want world class players like Rooney. (I assume the conspiracy theorists now accept that we were indeed going for him)

However. There are some who deserve our wrath. Others I dont give a toss about really but I like to see how they progress. Jenas is in the latter category. The players in the former category are easily identifiable. They are the ones who dont want to play if we want world class players like Rooney. (I assume the conspiracy theorists now accept that we were indeed going for him)

48323[/snapback]

I found him very likeable. The problem for me was that I always liked him and bought into the (what I now regard to be) bullshit that Robson was saying about him being the perfect young gent. I couldn't understand why so many had a problem with him and I see most of my football on television so I wasn't seeing the same things. So this season I watched him very closely before he went and I couldn't believe what he was doing. It wasn't just bad games, it was a lack of commitment, and shockingly bad, completely ineffectual performances.

I think it's unfortunate that in football emotions running very high can cause fans to be blinded and I think it's possible Jenas used the abuse he was getting as an excuse to cop out, blame the fans. That 'goldfish bowl' comment was a none too subtle swipe at Newcastle. At some point his performances went from low confidence to low effort and I don't know when that happened.

There's also the issue that Spurs are where Newcastle where a few years ago, it's actually quite funny to listen to their hype with investing in youth, investing in a British core, like they haven't watched Newcastle's journey recently. But if certain pivotal players like Jenas can reach their potential then they'll be more than just hype. So I can't wish him well.

He won't make it anyway, he hasn't got the character. When things are going well he may shine but when the going gets tough he hasn't got the bottle. And he's playing for Spurs, not Chelsea so there will be bad times.

Couldn't care less about whether someone is liked or not. What matters is what is produced on the pitch and on that score Jenas was crap for us apart from the back end of one season.

Fair comment he was moved about a lot and so never settled into one position or role, but then what was his best position and best role? I don't think anybody ever knew for certain because he didn't seem to be a natural at anything. Too weak to be a defensive midfielder and can't pass forwards, so he can't be a creative one either.

Edited by Howaythelads

48323[/snapback]

I found him very likeable. The problem for me was that I always liked him and bought into the (what I now regard to be) bullshit that Robson was saying about him being the perfect young gent. I couldn't understand why so many had a problem with him and I see most of my football on television so I wasn't seeing the same things. So this season I watched him very closely before he went and I couldn't believe what he was doing. It wasn't just bad games, it was a lack of commitment, and shockingly bad, completely ineffectual performances.

I think it's unfortunate that in football emotions running very high can cause fans to be blinded and I think it's possible Jenas used the abuse he was getting as an excuse to cop out, blame the fans. That 'goldfish bowl' comment was a none too subtle swipe at Newcastle. At some point his performances went from low confidence to low effort and I don't know when that happened.

There's also the issue that Spurs are where Newcastle where a few years ago, it's actually quite funny to listen to their hype with investing in youth, investing in a British core, like they haven't watched Newcastle's journey recently. But if certain pivotal players like Jenas can reach their potential then they'll be more than just hype. So I can't wish him well.

He won't make it anyway, he hasn't got the character. When things are going well he may shine but when the going gets tough he hasn't got the bottle. And he's playing for Spurs, not Chelsea so there will be bad times.

48331[/snapback]

You dont sound like you like him at all. I have watched the same games.

Look at Fulham (who beat Liverpool 2:0 today) Lee Bowyer had the worst and most unprofessional game I have seen from anyone. He tried and failed to pick a fight with a better player - Diop. He couldnt catch him and when he did he got outplayed. He also failed ot recognise that his personal vendetta had left us without anyone in the place he was meant to fill.

It was appalling. He ran around though and that means 100% to some. It was 100% alright. Unprofessional.

Jenas played and looked like a player leaving. We have seen it a million times. I dont blame the lad. As for Newcastle being a goldfish bowl? It is. It really is big village. A spider farts in Wallsend and people are talking about it Walker. It was an unwise remark though.

One of them deserved abuse for lack of effort for the team.

Which one? Not sure if you went to the Fulham game but I couldnt believe what i saw when he came on.

Jenas was a lazy bling tosser who couldn't be arsed to make anything of his talent at Newcastle, and went through the motions for 2 1/2 years.

I hope he dies soon, every good shift he puts in for Spurs is a slap in the face for Newcastle supporters.

And he won't be missed at Newcastle for me either, Parker and Emre are better players.

48308[/snapback]

48314[/snapback]

Aslong as he doesn't turn into a world beater i'll not be too bothered. We got £8million for the fecker! Daylight robbery IMO.

Jenas was a lazy bling tosser who couldn't be arsed to make anything of his talent at Newcastle, and went through the motions for 2 1/2 years.

I hope he dies soon, every good shift he puts in for Spurs is a slap in the face for Newcastle supporters.

And he won't be missed at Newcastle for me either, Parker and Emre are better players.

48348[/snapback]

:nufc:

I am missing something on this forum today, or are some people just being complete and utter out of touch wankers?

48348[/snapback]

:nufc:

I am missing something on this forum today, or are some people just being complete and utter out of touch wankers?

48401[/snapback]

All will return to normal tomorrow once we beat the Mackems.

48348[/snapback]

;)

48401[/snapback]

No you're spot on you cunt, he can drop dead as far as I'm concerned.

48348[/snapback]

;)

48401[/snapback]

No you're spot on you cunt, he can drop dead as far as I'm concerned.

49135[/snapback]

Riiiiiight :icon_lol:

slowly but surely this forum is turning into N-O!

49183[/snapback]

If the language above was used on NO, HTT would wash their mouths out with soap, smack their bottoms and send them to bed with no tea. For my money, he'd enjoy it a little too much and all.