Zoggy and Shay: No Official Bids made?

Nyff

"There's haggling going on at the moment. We're still waiting to hear the fee," said the Magpies manager.

"We haven't received an official offer for Shay (Given) and we're still waiting for Charles (N'Zogbia).

"The chairman is speaking to their representatives, so hopefully something can be done so that we can move on and get two more decent players into the club.

"I'm confident that we'll get those. But I'm not sure about the outgoing deals at the moment."

So there is the possibility (however unlikely this may be) of getting two in and none out? I'm not going to lie when I say that I wouldn't mind too much keeping Given (even if it was to bench warm while Harper plays), but assuming Ryan Taylor was only an option as part of the Zoggy deal, I would quite like to see Ryan Taylor plus two others in and Zoggy out.

I can only think we are trying to persaude citeh to give us Johnson. And as for CNZ i cant see what the hold up is?

Seem strange that Ryan Taylor was in NUFC training gear today yet the deal is not done.

Yeah, the Zog deal must be as good as done as Ryan Taylor was seen on TV in Newcastle kit. Given was meant to be having a medical so I can only think that we have asked for a player exchange. Maybe they dont want to sell such player but on the other hand, maybe said player doesnt want to come to us!