Bassong

Sir Bob Almighty!

Just got back from the match, cracking game i thought and the second half display has given me a bit of hope for the rest of the season.

Thought Bassong was absolutely incredible, every challenge, tackle he won, colo could learn a thing or two from him, its rare to see such a good defender at the age of 22.

Anyone see the massive fight going on next to chinatown? was foooking mental

I don't know how they unearthed him and for so cheap because the guy looks pure class to be honest. He's fast, strong and intelligent and pretty hard as well, wins it in the air and on the deck and is usually well positioned. That tackle on Jones where he took the ball perfectly then absolutely smashed Jones in two was something worth seeing!

And luckilly we'll be able to keep hold of him for a while depsite how good he is because the steryotype of NUFC=shite defence at all times, means people will underrate him for a while yet!

Yep Enrique had a good one which is pleasing because it doesnt look like we're getting a new LB. He got forward well i thought and linked up with Jonas extremely well another one who i thought had a good game.

Jonas, Bassong & Enrique deserve a huge pat on the back.

Yup, was excellent and by far the better player between him and Collo. Why is it that Collo, who is an Argentine International defends like Bramble?

Along with Jonas, Enrique & Bassong, I thought Duff looked ok too. Maybe not as good as the other 3 but certainly did a decent job and gives a lot for the cause.

Enrique deserves a nod too.

Yeah I thought he was very good today. Him, Gutierrez and Bassong were streets ahead of anything else in B&W.

+1

Agreed, with Beye and Martins back we at least have 6 of a decent starting XI. I dont think Duff is going to beat a man on the wing again whilst theres a hole in my arse however

A lot of him running into blind alleys is usually cos the nearest team mate is stood 50 yards away in the box. Put him in a decent midfield who can play one twos and actually move off the ball and I bet Guti would be a world beater.

The ball sticks to his feet like glue, hes a strong as a man twice his size and as fast as anyone else on the pitch. They double mark him on the wing and he still glides through them like they arent there

I thought Duff looked totally lost on the right, would have been much better to have switched the two.

Had a thought at the match today...anyone else think JFK is scared to have both Enrique and Duff on the same side of the pitch? Wouldn't be surprised-the two of them can be completely out of it when they want to be, and could be easily torn apart by a decent player.

I thought Duff looked totally lost on the right, would have been much better to have switched the two.

Had a thought at the match today...anyone else think JFK is scared to have both Enrique and Duff on the same side of the pitch? Wouldn't be surprised-the two of them can be completely out of it when they want to be, and could be easily torn apart by a decent player.

Duff can't defend, that's for sure, but I think if there is any hesitation to play Duff on the left it's more than likely to do with his ability to communicate with Enrique. We've seen Enrique and Jonas communicate very well, which makes sense as they both have Spanish as their first language.