Last day transfer news.

Chaser

So we're coming upto the last 24 hrs before they close the transfer window. Ill not be getting too excited about it all. I know we're keeping our powder dry until the summer when we'll have a pit of money.

Who do you think will come before tomorrow night?

In

Ryan Taylor

A-nother

Out

Given

Nzogbia

Edited by robchester

out Insomonia for 4.5 mill plus Ryan Taylor

Given for 5.5 mill plus Micheal Jhonson

in micheal jhonson, Ryan Taylor, Loverkrands,nolan and I have a sneaky susspician that with the funds bought in from the given and zog deal I rekon they will make a late 15 million pound bid for keane.

Just my thoughts

in micheal jhonson, Ryan Taylor, Loverkrands,nolan and I have a sneaky susspician that with the funds bought in from the given and zog deal I rekon they will make a late 15 million pound bid for keane.

Just my thoughts

They can bid all they like but there's more chance of Roy Keane signing for us than Robbie Keane. The fact that his bezzie Irish mate is fucking off from us will tell him all he needs to know. Also, we're shit and he's not.

I still think we need an attacking midfielder with a bit of pace, and hopefully Martins will be back next week.

NEWCASTLE have failed in a beat-the-deadline bid for Liverpool’s Sami Hyypia.

But manager Joe Kinnear last night admitted interest in midfielder Miguel Veloso and striker Luis Garcia as he counts down to the close of the transfer window.

Kinnear moved for veteran Finnish defender Hyypia on Friday in the hope of landing him on a two-year deal.

But Reds boss Rafa Benitez blocked the move, insisting Hyypia could yet play a significant part in his side’s bid for silverware on three fronts.

And it is uncertain whether Hyypia himself, with a testimonial and a possible coaching role in the offing at Anfield, would have been keen on the switch.

Although 35, Hyypia was seen by Kinnear as the perfect player to organise a Newcastle back four lacking a talker.

“I just think we need somebody experienced in there,” said Kinnear. “We’ve got some decent players but it’s a communication thing.”

Newcastle have already had a loan enquiry for Veloso knocked back, and while Bolton boss Gary Megson last night bowed out of the race for the £12 million-rated Sporting Lisbon midfielder, Kinnear called him “a realistic target”.

Amid talk of United swapping left-back Jose Enrique for Garcia, Kinnear also admitted he has spoken to the Atletico Madrid striker’s agent.

But, as things stand, the only Toon transfers looking certain to go through before tomorrow’s deadline are the sale of Shay Given to Manchester City and the part-exchange deal in which Wigan will give Newcastle around £6 million and utility man Ryan Taylor for Charles N’Zogbia.

Just my thoughts

I'm putting your mis-spelling of Johnson down to the difficulty you must have typing with that strait jacket on.