Who would you realistically bring in?

JaMoUsE

Okay so Given has gone let's go down the middle £6m-£8m so £7m. Plus £4m + R taylor for N'Zogbia.

So thats £11m to spend theoretically

Who would you buy? Realistically somebody who would join our club and actually make it better?

I would bring in Stephen Warnock £4m and I honestly have no other suggestions who I think could improve on what we have who would join us (all our players being fit and get into the first 11)

Any shouts????

I think we are crying out for a left winger, a creative midfielder and a striker, at the very least, this clearly won't be addressed in the next 24hrs.

I think we are crying out for a left winger, a creative midfielder and a striker, at the very least, this clearly won't be addressed in the next 24hrs.

Kris Boyd for the striker

Did Gilles Barnes go to Fulham?

Can't think of anyone else who might be interested in coming here, who sweaty mike might pay for off the top of my head.

Going to be hard when you consider of the top of my head:

Little time left

Who will want to come here who is good

Will Ashley release much at all for fees and/or wages

Our only chance really is if they have got 1 or 2 deals genuinely somewhere down the line with a good chance of happening, or they manage to pull off something good last minute. At the very least maybe sneak in a loan or something, we need anything we can get!

I've got a horrible Bernard/Sibierski feeling about tomorrow.

I think its a given that if we do pull out a surprise signing it will be of that kind! Mind you i'd take a Sibierski if it was in additon to some actual serious signings!

Sibi did quite well tbf :razz:

He certainly did, I was thinking more about the feeling of complete depression when the signings were announced.

Tough call.

Maybe someone like Delph for midfield though I can't say I've seen a lot of the lad.

Someone like Joe Mattock to give Enrique a bit of competiton/be his understudy.

FMtastic :razz:

Sibi did quite well tbf :razz:

He certainly did, I was thinking more about the feeling of complete depression when the signings were announced.

I know, let's re-sign Amdy Faye or Boumsong...

Arent Sunderland in for Bent? I read something about a £10million bid which quite frankly is absurd.

10 million for one of the leagues top scorers isn't too bad IMO. We for one don't look like we know where the goal is and ig he continues his scoring streak he could score the goals to keep whichever club he is at up...

Bent is a light-year ahead of most of the strikers we have.

I don't get why some people don't rate him. In his time in the prem for by and large average or poor sides (Charlton and Spurs) he averages about 1 in 2 as far as i know, the sort of strikerate anybody should be happy with.

Bent is a light-year ahead of most of the strikers we have.

I don't get why some people don't rate him. In his time in the prem for by and large average or poor sides (Charlton and Spurs) he averages about 1 in 2 as far as i know, the sort of strikerate anybody should be happy with.

maybe its just you that sees him for what he truely is??? then again maybe he really is just an average player who vanishes during a game

Harper

Beye Colo Bassong Enrique

Lovenkrands Nolan Veloso Jonas

Owen Martins

Bench:

Saviola

Barton

Taylor

Taylor

Duff

Carroll

Krul

Tho i guess this is completely irrealistic transferwise. And damn right impossible to find all those guys injury-free. Veloso or Saviola, preferably Veloso in addition to taylor and im happy with the window tho.

Tough call.

Maybe someone like Delph for midfield though I can't say I've seen a lot of the lad.

Someone like Joe Mattock to give Enrique a bit of competiton/be his understudy.

Joe Mattock is absolutely nowhere near a Premiership player yet. Shedloads of potential, but certainly a championship standard player at the minute. The only player in our back-4 I'd call Premiership standard is Tunchev, and he's out for the rest of the season with a knee injury :razz:

As for Delph - overrated. Ledley would be a good shout though, but £7m is a little steep and somehow I don't think that kind of money will go back in.