Who would you realistically bring in?

JaMoUsE

i've thought that canadian international julian deguzman would be what newcastle need.....it seems to me that much of the issue on defence isnt the back four, but the midfield...julian plays for deportivo la coruna in spain...he was their player of the year last year...had an injury at the begining of the season but is healthy now.

his contract is up at the end of the season and depor is having financial issues that will likely keep them from re-signing him....he plays a holding mid for them and is precisely what NUFC need, in my opinion....an active player who plays a very good transition game....for canada he plays a more attacking role and has scored some amazing goals...he is considered by many to be the best mid in CONCACAF.....he could be had for a reasonable price, i think....spurs were looking at him a couple of weeks ago, but thankfully didnt act.

http://www.enblanquiazul.org/deguzman/e107...FSOdcAA&p=1

http://www.enblanquiazul.org/deguzman/news.php

i've thought that canadian international julian deguzman would be what newcastle need.....it seems to me that much of the issue on defence isnt the back four, but the midfield...julian plays for deportivo la coruna in spain...he was their player of the year last year...had an injury at the begining of the season but is healthy now.

his contract is up at the end of the season and depor is having financial issues that will likely keep them from re-signing him....he plays a holding mid for them and is precisely what NUFC need, in my opinion....an active player who plays a very good transition game....for canada he plays a more attacking role and has scored some amazing goals...he is considered by many to be the best mid in CONCACAF.....he could be had for a reasonable price, i think....spurs were looking at him a couple of weeks ago, but thankfully didnt act.

http://www.enblanquiazul.org/deguzman/e107...FSOdcAA&p=1

http://www.enblanquiazul.org/deguzman/news.php

Your credibility went out the window when i read your username. :razz:

i sang 'god save the queen' every morning in school for this abuse?

i will admit my bias, but i have seen every nufc game this year and it seems someone with his skills would be exactly the recipe...and it so happens that he is available and considering a move to england.....

his opportunistic brother plays for feynoord and recently pulled an owen whoregreaves and decided to turn his back on his country and get dutch citizenship, in hopes of playing for the netherlands....i dont think his fake dutch accent is as good as hargreaves fake english one though...

Edited by edgarfan

i sang 'god save the queen' every morning in school for this abuse?

i will admit my bias, but i have seen every nufc game this year and it seems someone with his skills would be exactly the recipe...and it so happens that he is available and considering a move to england.....

his opportunistic brother plays for feynoord and recently pulled an owen whoregreaves and decided to turn his back on his country and get dutch citizenship, in hopes of playing for the netherlands....i dont think his fake dutch accent is as good as hargreaves fake english one though...

What about Steve McClaren's fake accent, nobody can beat that surely! :razz:

yeah, his was a good one...like goldmember from the austin powers movie....

whoregreaves lived in canada for his first 17 years, germany for the next 9 and england for 18 months...and somehow he sounds like one of the characters on coronation street....

Don't know anything about this Canadian bloke you're talking about, but agree with your sentiment. Our back four get precious little cover from our midfield, because Nicky Butt is lazy and slow. He'll attempt a tackle (and often come away with the ball) when the player is within his reach, but otherwise he doesn't track runners. Consequently makes it much harder on the defense. Same can be said for several of our other midfielders (Duff and Geremi come immediately to mind).