Alan Hansen

henda11

I can't help but notice that every single match of the day there's either Alan Hansen or Martin Lawrenson constantly slating Newcastle Utd no matter how well we play. It is actually the same with Andy Gray, he is so biased against us all the fucking time and it really boils my blood. Alan Hansen among others always find something to slate Newcastle Utd with and it honestly pisses me off.

You need to start watching Setanta. I swear they mention Newcastle in nearly every game on there...

"Man United attack down the left flank now."

"Ah, yes, Newcastle have also been known to attack using the flanks. Interesting to see United do that!"

What didn't you agree with?

He said Sunderland were on top first half and we were better than them in the second half. Took the piss out (justifiably) of our defending but then, he was one of the most accomplished defenders the English game ever saw so he's entitled to.

Not quite sure what he's said wrong tbh.

Andy Gray is the worst for it i reckon, he finds the smallest fact on Newcastle during our games on Sky Sports just to try and put us down and make us look bad, its not our fault he played for the shit half of scouse land

He said Sunderland were on top first half and we were better than them in the second half. Took the piss out (justifiably) of our defending but then, he was one of the most accomplished defenders the English game ever saw so he's entitled to.

It's not just to do with today, when we had Sir Bobby as manager and we were flying up the table he still found the smallest pin prick of a problem to try and down us

He also had the privilege of playing with a much more forgiving offside rule and a keeper able to pick up a back pass.

To be fair Taylor did look like a fucking clown, a clown that had never seen a football before.

No need to show the 'been shot' clip again though.

I don't know like, if some player i didnt like from another team had done that i'd be happy for them to suffer it being shown time and time again, it was funny!

But some of his defending on those clips was scary stuff!

Hansen was one of the best defenders I have ever seen.

He also had the priviledge of playing against forwards that were actually men and dished out as good as they got....not the fucking tarts you have playing these days up front.

Stop claiming the entire country does have something against us - it's not true.

This.

Edited by KingKev

Hansen was one of the best defenders I have ever seen.

He also had the priviledge of playing against forwards that were actually men and dished out as good as they got....not the fucking tarts you have playing these days up front.

Lawrenson was absolutely class as well at the same time.

Lawrenson had the worst defensive coach record when he was here...so its sour grapes with that twat

He's never really managed much so in that respect I think he's coming from a viewpoint where it's easy to criticise but he's never had the bottle to do the job himself. Was his record actually that bad in the few months he was here though?

i think so...just going off the feeling at the time...dont know any stats or anything....but do remember every one hating him up here..club and fans.

No, I didn't think you had any stats. It sounded made up.

not made up...just the days before the interweb..thats how word got around.

Tbf, you're having a pop at his record without having a clue what it was.

Lawrenson had the worst defensive coach record when he was here...so its sour grapes with that twat

He's never really managed much so in that respect I think he's coming from a viewpoint where it's easy to criticise but he's never had the bottle to do the job himself. Was his record actually that bad in the few months he was here though?

Record was quite good IIRC. The sour grapes that most people allude to is in regards to the fact that Kenny dispensed with him - he was bitter about being told that he wasn't wanted.

That said, I don't think he made much improvement when he was brought on board.