What Are You Watching?

Ketsbaia

I finished Breaking Bad today.

I'm glad I stuck with it after early doubts (I thought it was a bit slow at some points) and it certainly told the tale well to a pretty satisfactory conclusion.

I don't think its quite the best TV show ever as some claim but I think its up there. Honestly speaking I preferred Dexter of the two big hitters I've watched over the last year. I think the parallels of a monster wanting to be human and almost getting there versus a decent man who sort of becomes a monster is an interesting link between the two shows.

I haven't made a firm choice of what I'm going to watch next - I think I'll try Hannibal first of all as I miss the brutality of Dexter already.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished Breaking Bad today.

I'm glad I stuck with it after early doubts (I thought it was a bit slow at some points) and it certainly told the tale well to a pretty satisfactory conclusion.

I don't think its quite the best TV show ever as some claim but I think its up there. Honestly speaking I preferred Dexter of the two big hitters I've watched over the last year. I think the parallels of a monster wanting to be human and almost getting there versus a decent man who sort of becomes a monster is an interesting link between the two shows.

I haven't made a firm choice of what I'm going to watch next - I think I'll try Hannibal first of all as I miss the brutality of Dexter already.

You should try the spin-off show, Better Call Saul - The second season is 3 episodes in and it's pretty good viewing IMO.

I really enjoyed the first series, I'm waiting until they've all been released before watching the second. I thought the point of Netflix was to bingewatch, I don't understand why they're drip feeding this.

I really enjoyed the first series, I'm waiting until they've all been released before watching the second. I thought the point of Netflix was to bingewatch, I don't understand why they're drip feeding this.

It's not their show to put up for binge watch. They've got a deal with AMC to put it up in the UK once it's aired in America (they did the same with the last season of BB iirc). Stops people downloading it, makes AMC some money in the UK. As far as I'm aware, it's not available on US Netflix though.

I'm not sure how I feel about prequels where you know how the characters end up (both at the start and at the end of BB). I probably will watch it but after watching something else first.

House of Cards season 4. I found season 3 fairly enjoyable, the writers were clearly trying to leave their options open so that Clinton's evolving candidacy for the Democrats could provide a mimetic backdrop to this season's story.

Better Call Saul has a different pace and feel to BB, its less sinister, slightly funnier and lighter (or season 1 was anyway). There are parts of it which i think show post-BB life but i could be wrong.

Better Call Saul has a different pace and feel to BB, its less sinister, slightly funnier and lighter (or season 1 was anyway). There are parts of it which i think show post-BB life but i could be wrong.

The beginning of episode 1 is post-BB I think.

The beginning of episode 1 is post-BB I think.

Same with episode 1 of season 2.

I really like it but it's not in the same class as breaking bad. Could get a lot more interesting when things get more dark for him leading up to who he becomes in BB.

Just watched the first episode of Hannibal.

Impressed - will watch more.

Hannibal was superb IMO. Only 3 seasons long as well.

I've just watched the first episode of Lucky Man. I think I'll reserve judgment till I've seen a few more episodes.

Just watched the first episode of Hannibal.

Impressed - will watch more.

The second episode took some watching - fungi growing out of "living" corpses - Urgh! .

Superb again.

First 2 seasons were excellent and, rather disturbingly, always made me very hungry.

Didn't get very far into the 3rd series.

Just about to finish season 2 of The 100.

It's a bit like Buffy meets a Home Bargains version of Game of Thrones.

Still very enjoyable fodder TV

Don't blaspheme Buffy for that shite.