What Are You Watching?

Ketsbaia

just finished season 4 of House of Cards, not sure how I felt about the ICO/ISIS element, felt a little unimaginative.

Enjoying The People Vs O.J. Simpson.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone watch Employable Me last night? I mean I know it's wrong to laugh at people with tourettes, but I haven't laughed that much at a TV programme in years.

iPlayer it.

Hilarious and very moving - a canny combo.

Did anyone watch Employable Me last night? I mean I know it's wrong to laugh at people with tourettes, but I haven't laughed that much at a TV programme in years.

iPlayer it.

Caught up on this the other day, thought it was class.

Almost bubbling at the end too.

Caught up on this the other day, thought it was class.

Almost bubbling at the end too.

Aye I nearly went at the end too. For a bloke that seemingly couldn't communicate with or relate to people, he wrote a hell of an affecting speech.

Not started on the first season yet. Worth a go?

I think so, aye.

It's not like a teen adventure tv show, like Buffy or whatever. Deals with ethics, and loss, and ends justifying the means, and what not, rather than just a hero beating up the monster of the week. Mind you the fight scenes are brilliant in their brutality and choreography. The support cast aren't just background noise and have their own storylines. Vincent D'Onofrio is chilling and threatening as the antagonist, he isn't just a malevolent evil-doer, and to be honest I found his development more compelling than the "hero". This and Jessica Jones have really delivered a gritty underbelly of the sparkly explodey Marvel Cinematic Universe, and you could see all of the characters from the tv series popping up in future movies (and maybe cameos of the bigger stars showing up if the tv shows run for a few seasons)

I'm happy to admit I'm a bigger fan of comicbook stuff than most on here, so I stuck a non-spoiler review in spoilers so people who aren't bothered, don't have to read it. :lol:

For the record Fish, Buffy dealt with ethics, loss, ends vs means and arc heavy story telling better than any recent comic book series I've seen apart from JJ.

That excludes Daredevil as I haven't watched it yet.

For the record Fish, Buffy dealt with ethics, loss, ends vs means and arc heavy story telling better than any recent comic book series I've seen apart from JJ.

That excludes Daredevil as I haven't watched it yet.

Haven't watched enough of Buffy to make that call, I thought it was mostly monster of the week stuff? The other comic book series that are out at the moment are Agents of Shield, Peggy Carter, then the DC stuff like Flash, Arrow and Gotham. They're all aimed at a younger market I reckon. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Haven't watched enough of Buffy to make that call, I thought it was mostly monster of the week stuff? The other comic book series that are out at the moment are Agents of Shield, Peggy Carter, then the DC stuff like Flash, Arrow and Gotham. They're all aimed at a younger market I reckon. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

It went through MOTW spells but usually with a seasonal arc underneath with occasional arc milestone episodes (usually sweeps time).

After JJ, I'm a lot more willing to give comic stuff a go but I've found it mostly too fluffy so far - especially the DC stuff.

It went through MOTW spells but usually with a seasonal arc underneath with occasional arc milestone episodes (usually sweeps time).

After JJ, I'm a lot more willing to give comic stuff a go but I've found it mostly too fluffy so far - especially the DC stuff.

Daredevil is much closer in tone to JJ than anything else out there. Don't think the second season was pro-vs-ant agonist as JJ & DD1 was. The 2 characters introduced in the 2nd season are leads in their own right and while their arcs are interesting, I think the show lacked the overarching menace that JJ & DD1 had in Killgrave and Wilson Fisk.

I watched the first season of Arrow and the first episodes of Legends of Tomorrow and they are difinitely aimed at a younger audience but I wouldn't really say the same about Gotham which is far darker taking on the same themes of Batman.

I think I'll give Daredevil a go then.

Just finished Daredevil Season 2 last week and thought it was excellent. I liked the characters of Elektra and Punisher. I had heard somewhere that Bernthal (Punisher) may be getting his own series based on this role due to his performance. Jessica Jones was good as well but I think it will be better in the second season.

I like Gotham. Haven't watched Arrow or the others... I was always more of a Marvel fan than DC comics but I will say that the new show Lucifer (based on the DC/Vertigo comics) isn't bad.

Just finished Daredevil Season 2 last week and thought it was excellent. I liked the characters of Elektra and Punisher. I had heard somewhere that Bernthal (Punisher) may be getting his own series based on this role due to his performance. Jessica Jones was good as well but I think it will be better in the second season.

I like Gotham. Haven't watched Arrow or the others... I was always more of a Marvel fan than DC comics but I will say that the new show Lucifer (based on the DC/Vertigo comics) isn't bad.

very loosely based. It's just become a crime procedural and his quips began to grate fairly quickly.