What Are You Watching?

Ketsbaia

I agree with both of the above. What was obvious from all the subjects of the show was that they all had other mental problems that led to alcohol problems. Even the young lad had obvious issues and that combined with a family history of alcoholism meant that he was always likely to have problems but he looked like a save able case and I hope that he ended up in a good situation.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lad at school looked like Esteban. Used to get the theme tune sung at him. Not the nastiest bit of bullying you've ever heard about, granted.

How young Gemmill envied that boy.

Did anyone watch the new Peaky Blinders last night? I've not seen it yet, but hopefully I will have by the time I'm back in this thread. I've been looking forward to it for ages.

Aye it was good although after blitzing through the first two seasons last summer I was struggling to remember who half the people were or where everything was up to.

Nice use of You & Who's Army at the end of the episode.

Did anyone watch the new Peaky Blinders last night? I've not seen it yet, but hopefully I will have by the time I'm back in this thread. I've been looking forward to it for ages.

I've never seen any before but stumbled across it and was well impressed.

This sounds like the kind of thing that's right up my street, thing is, I absolutely detest the Brummie accent, and I mean, it brings me out in hives.

Is this a deal breaker or is the brummieness played down in the interests of humanity and common decency?

This sounds like the kind of thing that's right up my street, thing is, I absolutely detest the Brummie accent, and I mean, it brings me out in hives.

Is this a deal breaker or is the brummieness played down in the interests of humanity and common decency?

Dunno, the main characters are pikey brummies, think they sound alright tbh. There's also some northern Irish characters, and in s2 some is set in London. Must admit I found the dialogue a bit hard to follow last night for the first time for some reason Edited by Renton

The Secret.

Never really liked or rated James Nesbit before but thought he was superb in The Missing and excellent in this also. Enjoyable.

The lass its based on is a bit milfy like

ECCD1C37-D56D-4E60-918B-009FF2A604E6_zps

Finally got round to watching Peaky Blinders last night. I enjoyed it, though like others I struggled a bit to remember all the details of the last series. The new one totally crept up on me as we had been planning to re-watch S2 first but didn't get a chance. The accents have always been a bit dodgy but at least we haven't had to resort to subtitles for this series yet. :lol:

I started watching Harlan Coben's The Five last night. I've only seen the first 2 episodes and enjoyed them, but can tell it's going to be one I have to pay attention to. Loads going on.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching Naked and Afraid in a hotel in San Francisco. It basically involves two randoms trying to survive three weeks in the jungle ... completely naked. What a concept.

Jesus, the bloke on it has been bitten by some kind of tropical fly that burrows and lays larvae under the skin which emerge upon maturity. There's a nice image