What Are You Watching?

Ketsbaia

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made the misfortune of watching the original Harry Potter movie with the family recently. Makes you appreciate good child acting. It was unbearable

It's proper creepy as well. You'd be shitting it if you watched it on your Tod.

Fell asleep watching it last night and woke up just as the end titles were running. Those alone were enough to fuck with my mind when I went to bed.

Finished it last night. Guessed the ending but I would imagine a lot of people did. It didn't diminish my enjoyment though. Great series. I've also read they're making a second one.

The girl who plays 11 is future star material. I haven't seen a performance that good from a kid since Natalie Portman in Leon.

I thought loads of the cast were excellent but she probably stole the show.

Finished it last night as well. Best bit of telly I've seen since Breaking Bad, I reckon, which is saying something because there's never been this much quality TV drama about.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Side by sides with a lot of the film references

I also enjoyed the trunk shot when the sherrif was shown the bear trap and other tools. Bit meta that one as Quentin Tarantino has used it so much it's seen as his trademark, but other films use it too, (80s films like Mad Max and Goodfellas). i think the makers were making more of a nod to him (renowned for his own pop culture references) more than any film that might have done it before him.

eN9TkK9.jpg

Side by sides with a lot of the film references

I also enjoyed the trunk shot when the sherrif was shown the bear trap and other tools. Bit meta that one as Quentin Tarantino has used it so much it's seen as his trademark, but other films use it too, (80s films like Mad Max and Goodfellas). i think the makers were making more of a nod to him (renowned for his own pop culture references) more than any film that might have done it before him.

eN9TkK9.jpg

Goodfellas was a 90s film. Shame on you HF. Just kidding, it's an 80s film in the same way Raging Bull is a 70s film.

Think I picked up on lots of those but that was still canny cool. Cheers.

Finished watching this last night and thoroughly enjoyed it by the end. The first couple of episodes took a bit of getting through for some reason but glad I stuck with it. The young lass who played Eleven was excellent and the sherrif was really good too.

Started Ray Donovan. 2 episodes in. Not been blown away so far, but the standard of TV is so high these days, it's difficult for a lot of things to keep up.

This seems like a male led version of Scandal where the cleaner upper and his team have personal lives mixed up with professional.

I'm surprised it's got similar Metacritic scores to Blacklist because I think it's better than that, from what little I've seen.

It's pretty good actually. I stayed away from it for ages cos it just seemed a bit of a weak premise. It's not a patch on the really good shows you watch, but at the same time it's a cut above the run of the mill stuff you would watch.

It absolutely shatters any hopes that Sherilyn Fenn might have aged well in season 2 though.

I started Stranger Things over the weekend. Was getting a bit bored but its heating up a bit now - only seen the first three though.

I'm trying to think whether that eleven looks like someone else or its just that all lasses look quite similar with skinheeds.