What Are You Watching?

Ketsbaia

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty good actually. I stayed away from it for ages cos it just seemed a bit of a weak premise. It's not a patch on the really good shows you watch, but at the same time it's a cut above the run of the mill stuff you would watch.

It absolutely shatters any hopes that Sherilyn Fenn might have aged well in season 2 though.

Jon Voigt is brilliant like.

Just started watching "the night of" on HBO, only two episodes in but its a cracker so far, was meant to be James Gandofini's last work, John Tutturo plays the lead in his place.

Just started watching "the night of" on HBO, only two episodes in but its a cracker so far, was meant to be James Gandofini's last work, John Tutturo plays the lead in his place.

Six episodes in and it's still excellent. I noticed Gandolfini was down as executive produceer and wondered if he was meant to be in it. Difficult to imagine him in the Turturo role now though.

Six episodes in and it's still excellent. I noticed Gandolfini was down as executive produceer and wondered if he was meant to be in it. Difficult to imagine him in the Turturo role now though.

Gandolfini, then De Niro, then Turturro. As you say though, hard to imagine anyone but Turturro in the role now.

Preacher is all right, not great but ok.

Be interesting to see what happens for next season because the female lead is in a movie that's likely going to be in the running for awards, will she want to be in a tv show with a kid who's got a face like this;

preacher-arseface.jpg

The Last Ship

Pure junk American TV but a nice little filler to have in between better stuff.

Keep seeing that on the TiVo listings and expecting it to be

(probably unlikely, thinking about it)

I wasn't massively keen on the ending but I still thoroughly enjoyed the series.  I thought his adapting to life behind bars was one of the best bits actually.  Although I'm still not really sure about Omar's motivations.

I'm on to Gamorra now which is brilliant so far.  Slightly spoiled it for myself by having the link on kodi for episode 1 bring up episode 11 instead, but I'm still loving it.