What Are You Watching?

Ketsbaia

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started Ray Donovan. 2 episodes in.  Not been blown away so far, but the standard of TV is so high these days, it's difficult for a lot of things to keep up.

This seems like a male led version of Scandal where the cleaner upper and his team have personal lives mixed up with professional.

I'm surprised it's got similar Metacritic scores to Blacklist because I think it's better than that, from what little I've seen.

Done 3 series in 3 weeks and a couple in to the current series.

The balancing of his criminal and family lives is more Sopranos than Scandal, but for writing, character, themes etc... it is more Scandal than Sopranos.  Jon Voigt is immense throughout it.  Highly recommend it for his performances alone.  His turn as a 70 year old doing drugs, drink, prostitutes and robberies while pissing off his entire family and still remaining likeable is a far more endearing portrayal than the miserable/tortured lead character of Ray Donovan himself. 

It

I was going to watch it anyway on Tooj's recommendation but after that post from CT it's a must see

It's probably one of the best things being produced in the US atm.

But it involves more than sitting on your arse and stuffing your face with crisps to watch it.

What is all this bollocks about Great British Break Off?  Seriously, making main news.  We must be the laughing stock of the world.  Who gives a shite about the shite two who present it or if Merry Berry is gonna go accross.  She'll be deed soon FFS!