Ketsbaia

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reaper

Directed by Kevin Smith

7 minutes in and I've already chuckled heartily 4 or five times.

scratch that, chuckled heartily 4 or 5 and guffawed once.

• 2 weeks later...

Meet Ricky Gervais.

I'm paraphrasing but...

"When I got a show they asked who I wanted to appear on it, I said "people like me" to that end will you please welcome the fat, arrogant, prick...Michael Winner"

:D

Watched the first episode of Pushing Daisies http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0925266/

Not bad but didnt really grab me. Reminds me a LOT of Amelie.

I've seen the first 3 episodes, its ok, light-hearted fun, but not my kind of show.

Ive still not watched series 1 that i downloaded yonks ago.

I will though.

• 2 weeks later...
I watched the first 3 episodes of Rome tonight.

I'll stick at it, but it's not the best HBO series about violent Italians.

Maybe but the quality of breast is much better in Rome than in the Sopranos (except that russian stripper that was beaten to death :icon_lol: )

• 3 weeks later...

Band of brothers - Amazing series on some many different levels, except the documentary interviews before each episode. Whoever recorded and/or mixed the audio for these should be slapped back into tomorrow.

It's muffled, low level and generally annoying.

It's interesting watching the lass, who is a big fan of the show, squirm at all the gore. It's like she wants to watch but wants to turn away but watch but....

The Tom Hanks directed episode, I think the fourth, is a stand out as well.

• 1 month later...

I'm 6 episodes into The West Wing and have to say it's pretty fucking good.

It's amazing to watch the pre 9/11 sensibilities being played out by a president based on Clinton, there's even an episode called proportional response that shows the anger a foreign attack on Americans can generate within the White House but shows cool heads prevailing over the demons advocating carpet bombing the shit out of the enemy....2 years before Bush made that mistake.

I've heard there's an awful episode or two that originally aired after 9/11 and it'll be interesting to see how the show changes after that, but so far it's been an intelligent, funny show I can't get enough of.

Band of brothers - Amazing series on some many different levels, except the documentary interviews before each episode.

You mindless, ignorant twat. These are the best bits of the series - shows that what you're watching happened to real people, and was not just some story dreamed up by screenwriters. And if you're just moaning about some minor technical issue on the recording, then you're still a twat. "OMFG the sound quality isn't quite perfect on my ultra-indulgent sound system, these bits are shit"