The biggest enemy is apathy

Park Life

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Park Life

What im saying is that to get 10,000 or 20,000 membership that can be directed and be extremely powerful will only be achieved in the short to medium term by free membership.

NUSC was formed on the back of the keegan heartache and already has its hardcore. Apathy will prevent them being able to recruit 10,000 more by a few lines in the mirror or a march.

EG Frank Gilmours bla bla independant bla bla club. I honestly dont know if he has more members than nusc or less. If NUSC does not want to go the same way as that club, they need to forget ashley to a degree and concentrate on building a first class supporters club for the supporters by the supporters.

Free Membership will achieve this.

And in a previous life I used to control a multi million marketing and advertising budget so I would like to think I have a little insight in marketing.

What do you think the memebership of the NUM at the height of the miners strike?

What the fuck are you on today? :lol:

Park Life

What im saying is that to get 10,000 or 20,000 membership that can be directed and be extremely powerful will only be achieved in the short to medium term by free membership.

NUSC was formed on the back of the keegan heartache and already has its hardcore. Apathy will prevent them being able to recruit 10,000 more by a few lines in the mirror or a march.

EG Frank Gilmours bla bla independant bla bla club. I honestly dont know if he has more members than nusc or less. If NUSC does not want to go the same way as that club, they need to forget ashley to a degree and concentrate on building a first class supporters club for the supporters by the supporters.

Free Membership will achieve this.

And in a previous life I used to control a multi million marketing and advertising budget so I would like to think I have a little insight in marketing.

What do you think the memebership of the NUM at the height of the miners strike?

What the fuck are you on today? :lol:

I'd rather have a hundered standing with me than the support of thousands.

peas pud,

Man U's Independent Manchester United Supporters Association is now £5 to join but was initially free (to get the numbers up). NUSC should follow one of these really good examples either Man u or Arsenal.

I linked the arsenal one earlier, here is the man u one.

http://www.imusa.org/constitution.php

Nothing in life is free sweetie.

peas pud,

Man U's Independent Manchester United Supporters Association is now £5 to join but was initially free (to get the numbers up). NUSC should follow one of these really good examples either Man u or Arsenal.

I linked the arsenal one earlier, here is the man u one.

http://www.imusa.org/constitution.php

Nothing in life is free sweetie.

Bookie pens.

Apologies I forgot to mention that the paypal is down! Il let you know when it's back up.

Thing is you've now given two other big clubs supporters clubs as examples but in both cases they have switched from free to paid membership, doesn't that tell you something? For me it's all about credibility, anyone collect 1000 names and say they're a group. To get them to take part in stuff though is a different matter. You can only be credible if you can prove the members are serious. Paying to join does that IMHO. It also ensures an equal footing among all members, nobody can claim to be better or more important than any other just because they donated.

As for the rally or any march people will be taking part regardless of if they are a member or not therefore idont see how that would increase attendance

Why don't you just agree to at least discuss membership fees at the next committee meeting.

I signed up. I'm an old timer and my subscription was a Fiver.

No matter what, I don't think I would have signed up at a cost of a tenner. I most likely would want to wait to see how NUSC developed.

I joined NUSC at the earliest opportunity, after the very first meeting, and I would be happy to offer my support providing it is nothing too physical.

One thing must be clear that in any action we take those actions must make a difference.

For example:

I did not enter the stadium for the Hull game and I with the rest of the family were in the minority, and it did not make a difference.

My family has not spent a penny on anything Ashley but I now see the queue at the bars and cafes in the stadium as busy as ever, and it did not make a difference.

I have cancelled my ddr for two ST but I do not know if that will make a difference.

Now this is my club, the club I love and have done for more than 50 years and I wish only bad things for Ashley and his regime, I just pray that one day soon he will realise and either change or just f£$k off!

Even if you have a rally and finally a march to the ground, this will develop into the bedsheet protestor rally. You will be joined by the loons who will simply have an excuse to air the bed linen in public once more. I can't see how you will stop this, maybe you don't want to.

Jackies the lad

Totally agree with your sentiments. I think most of us want the same and only differ in the way it can be achieved. Peas pud is in the thick of it and they are set on a course which may or may not work. My views are well known on this.

Obviously there are the usual internet saddos on here that will shoot you down no matter what, but again jackie, the majority i believe share your views.

p.s. im 43 so I dont know if that qualifies me for an old timer or a young un. :lol:

;)

btw, you're a young un :yes Maybe that should be :icon_lol: