Adidas ditching The Toon

Guest Stevie

When Chelsea first went to adidas, they applied the 'home shirt for 2 years' rule. However this is their 3rd new home shirt in as many seasons.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers, wasn't sure whether it was a definate rule or guide like you say.

That Chelsea strip is a thousand times nicer than their current kit which looks more like the modern rugby tops, couldn't stand portsmouths canterbury kits. Having said that, they've now went to kappa who do even skinnier strips.

I like the latest puma kit posted up on here, neat and simple, but would much prefer a non-skinny stretch strip. I still think this seasons kit is pretty smart and would be great if they got rid of the stupid white patch on the back and the black furry box around the northern rock logo, hopefully puma will sort both these issues out!

Was this already posted?

I don't care. Very nice.

nufc10homen_20100414_1193815869.jpg

That looks very authentic. ( I wonder if Puma might be responsible for some of the kits doing the rounds in an attempt to gauge what their customers would like, I don't know, call it 'market research' or something, now wouldn't that be a revolutionary thing?). If they are monitoring our responses then I kinda like that one too. :lol:

Very Nice kit design! i love it! one little problem ive noticed on all the kit designs atm is..... i read that we are no longer sponsored by Northern Rock as of next season, and our new sponsor is some like Fantastic Telecom, is this true? Also when are the new kits going to be revealed? as they normally are by now, dont we normally wear them for the last home game of the season?

Northern Rock is the principle shirt sponsor till 2012 and I'm not sure when the new kit will be released, it's a difficult one as we are changing brand not just shirt so contractual reasons could prevent us wearing the new shirt.

Fantastic Telecom are sponsoring a lot of teams in the championship for some reason in some kind of four year deal which we have escaped from by the look of it :lol:

By the way the above shirt is awesome!

Northern Rock is the principle shirt sponsor till 2012 and I'm not sure when the new kit will be released, it's a difficult one as we are changing brand not just shirt so contractual reasons could prevent us wearing the new shirt.

I presumed a similar thing, that Adidas would want to see us in their kit until the very end of the season instead of a puma shirt being worn on a match day prior to the end of the contract. Portsmouth however played in their new Kappa kit in the semi final against Spurs, but reverted back to the canterbury strip against wigan a few days later.

Maybe their is a thing where the contracts run from last home game - last home game (although this wouldn't answer the Portsmouth issue)?

Never stopped us with the Asics shirt at the end of 92/93.

Also I remember we used the Northern Rock strip on the last home game of the 02/03 season but reverted to the NTL away strip for the last away game (away to WBA).

Was this already posted?

I don't care. Very nice.

nufc10homen_20100414_1193815869.jpg

That looks very authentic. ( I wonder if Puma might be responsible for some of the kits doing the rounds in an attempt to gauge what their customers would like, I don't know, call it 'market research' or something, now wouldn't that be a revolutionary thing?). If they are monitoring our responses then I kinda like that one too. :nufc:

If we end up with that kit (including the red numbers) I'll break my current shirt embargo and get it.... as long as they release a baby version too :lol:

Hopefully a decent amount and I think it benefits the travelling fans a good bit too - the name wont appear on the shirt by the way so you're partly right Kevin.