Adidas ditching The Toon

Guest Stevie

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunate bastards, ain't we?

And I was this close to getting Jonas instead.

Bet your Northern Rock patch is all white and peeling aswell :icon_lol:?

£35 for the new shirts at Sports direct. It's a shame they are deflecting business from the club shop by having them for £10/15 more.

I am tempted to pick up the blue shirt as an acid test to the quality of the home as I do like a couple of Puma shirts I have.

Still not too sure about the ''cupcake'' logo like.

So the 'iron-on' style badges are actually being used?

They always were Craig. There was no way the one with the nufc shop tag wasn't finished product.

Puma, perfect cheap arse product that fat fuckwit loves.

A lad posted on Skunkers that he had something to do with Puma and that the badges were deffo going to be embroidered.

They always were Craig. There was no way the one with the nufc shop tag wasn't finished product.

A lad posted on Skunkers that he had something to do with Puma and that the badges were deffo going to be embroidered.

I cut and pasted that in this thread somewhere. It was itself a cut and paste onto skunkers from somewhere else. Who are you on skunkers btw I'm same as here, my avatar went down well over there

I cut and pasted that in this thread somewhere. It was itself a cut and paste onto skunkers from somewhere else. Who are you on skunkers btw I'm same as here, my avatar went down well over there

So no one actually knows where the original quote came from???

As I said there is no way the shirt with the shop tag isn't the finished article.

I've got a couple of Puma shirts - Bestikas, Austria and both are iron on badges. Has anyone seen a Puma shirt with an embroidered badge?

All of the Puma tops at the worldcup look ironed on transfers, I can't see hows being any different. It must be cheaper for iron on shit , with the shirt costing the same for mugs to buy, thats extra cash for that wanker ashley

Slightly off topic this...

but can anyone explain to me why some of Japan's shirts are different from others - some have got a shiny contrasting 'strappy' thing happening where others don't (same with most Adidas world cup shirts like France/Germany/etc). My flatmate who knows nothing about football asked me last night and I didn't have a proper answer to give! Is it simply that these shirts are more 'fitted', but even so what purpose does this serve???

If you don't know what I'm on about have a look at this pic (the guys front row far right and front row second left have them on the chest near the adidas logo)

Adidas+Japan+2010+World+Cup-03.jpg

but can anyone explain to me why some of Japan's shirts are different from others - some have got a shiny contrasting 'strappy' thing happening where others don't (same with most Adidas world cup shirts like France/Germany/etc). My flatmate who knows nothing about football asked me last night and I didn't have a proper answer to give! Is it simply that these shirts are more 'fitted', but even so what purpose does this serve???

If you don't know what I'm on about have a look at this pic (the guys front row far right and front row second left have them on the chest near the adidas logo)

Think the players just basically get to pick whether they want a more fitted version or not dont they?

The modern player is basically a big soft girl, so Adidas have given them built in sports bra's so when they fall over with monotonous regularity they dont hurt their tits.

I noticed that earlier on with the French shirts and how some had that shiny strap and were a bit tighter than others. It appears to be that the top is a combination kit/compression shirt instead of wearing a compression shirt underneath the kit.

Adidas Compression Line

Edited by AmericanMag

Needed to register with toontastic just to vent my dissapointment with these. I cant believe llambias has the cheeck to say he is happy with the design puma have came up with, By my reckoning they've came up with fuck all. Its just a generic template with iron on logos, Reeks of sports direct, Make em cheap and stack em high so the deluded "geordie nation" can come and spunk their hard earned cash on them. Third kit? whats the point, Are they scared incase we clash with internazionale in the champs league or something, Its embaressing. Bit of a spiel but to me this signs changes, Going from somebody (If you could even call us that) to a complete nobody, Run of the mill strips. Ahh well life goes on its just a shirt.

I quite like the new lot, home one is pretty standard fare, nothing as great as it couldve been, love the blue

don't think the iron on looks cheap, Ive a few shirts with iron on sponsors and badges and they look fine and are far more comfortable to wear and play in

I really like the Italy/Cardiff blue shirt so I think I'll get one and if the quality is decent (which I doubt) I may think about a home shirt.

It's a disgrace the club shop are charging £45/50 for these shirts when the quality has evidently went down. It's fair enough people are moaning about the quality of the shirts and how they aren't 100% custom from Puma but at the end of the day we are a newly promoted side who are bound to do badly anyway so they probably just thought fuck it.

Guest Gordon McKeag
300004r.jpg

In long sleeve.

He looks like Caddy the Russian off the Third series of Auf Wiedesehen Pet who got to shag the lovely Tatyana behind Barry's back there.

All in all it's shite, as soon as I heard we were getting these clowns 18 months ago I knew it would be a dowdy effort like this. The only thing I like is the training polo shirt with the collar, rest are utter pish. See adidas used to tailor make things for us like the 95/96, this is just the same design as all their other shite shirts PUMA this.