What are Newcastle for you ?

tommo

a way of life.

I've lived away from Newcastle for about 1 1/2 years now and i swear i've become a better supporter because of it. Back home you don't have to put any effort in to get the gossip, lowdown, was always fed stuff (often bullshit mind) through mates and local papers.

Living away i've had to keep updated a lot more or you lose touch a little. I like it that you get to stand back a little though and look at it from a different perspective, other people' opinions etc.

Having said that, i put up with A LOT of shit because of the Toon, in the past 6-7 years or so our 'being everyone's second favourtie club' has well and truely been overtook by being made to look a laughing stock week in week out - every fucker has something to dig in with these days and recently a lot of it has no comeback!

helps that ive got a mackem at me work like so i;ve always got the reminder life could be worse!

supporting newcastle is basically like being addicted to crack - short highs followed by long periods of depression and self loathing; spending a small fortune for the privilege and knowing that despite the occasional moments of ecstacy, it's going to hurt more often than not in the long run.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Newcastle United is like an addiction, Virus and religion all rolled into one.

ebola?

"To be fair, we've never heard of the lad"

With no other footballing influence I chose to support Newcastle because my mate and his dad did when I was 5.

I'll never forgive them for that, because I'm stuck with this cunthole of a club for life. And then there's Ant. Don't get me started on Ant.

Edited by Offshore Toon

before i gave up my season ticket three years ago...it was 4 pints before the match...six pints after...and a kebab with garlic AND chile sauce for the way to the taxi rank....and yes i love salad on my kebabs.

Newcastle United is like an addiction, Virus and religion all rolled into one.

This is about it for me also. What started as a passing interest has developed into a fully blown addiction. Watching all of our macthes over the past 2 seasons, despite many of them being on over here at ridiculous times like 2AM.

Now its just something i feel i've got to do. The days out are great especially the aways! rolling into wherever we're playing early having a good skinful, getting some chants on the go, get into the ground..... Then the game kicks off and i'm pissed off for the rest of the day.

On a par with music and films.

Often gives me butterflies, but more often proves a complete waste of time.

When they're shit I don't really get too down about it though. Certainly never bad enough to put me off coming back for more because when it's good it's glorious.

supporting newcastle is basically like being addicted to crack - short highs followed by long periods of depression and self loathing; spending a small fortune for the privilege and knowing that despite the occasional moments of ecstacy, it's going to hurt more often than not in the long run.

THIS

Supporting Newcastle for me is like being in a stormy, passionette love affair. Its a bloody roller coaster ride of emotions. It can be painful, trying, irritating, amazing, over-whelming, consuming and unpredictable with great highs and real lows, but whatever happens I love them.