Player ratings vs Mackems?

Mark

Given - 6

Carr - 6

Ramage - 6.5 - Did well for such a tough game out of position

Boum - 6.5 - Sometimes he looks mint, and sometimes he looks shite.

Taylor - 7 - Solid

Nobby - 7 - In the first half he was amazing, he pulled all the strings, made us look like a different side.

Zog - 6 - Played his part, some good tackles.

Parker - 6 - Not one of his best games

Emre - 8 - Legend

Shola - 6.5 - Good goals, some decent control after he scored, was shite before that.

Shearer - 6.5 - Had a good first half I thought, faded in the second.

given 7 - Couldn't do anything with the goals

carr 7.5 - Had a good solid game and got forward

boumsong 4 - Had no physical presence at all

taylor 8.5 - Outstanding and saved a certain goal

ramage 7.5 - For a CB at LB ina derby he was excellent

solano 7.5 - Great start then understandably tired

emre 9 - Pure class, great goal

parker 8 - Gets everywhere even when injured

nzogbia 7 - Did a good job

shearer 5 - A poor game to be fair

ameobi 8 - Excellent after a slow start and needs to do this all the time

Heres what i thought:

Shay Given - Didnt makeany major saves but saved the defence embarrassment and showed good thinking skills when he constantly came out of his net and cleared - My rating: 8/10

Steven Carr - retired from Ireland and said he wants to concentrate on Newcastle and he has done. Steven has had a dodgy start this season but is coming into form, he made good forward runs and worked well with Solano, for me he played a good part in this win - My rating: 8/10

Steven Taylor - was the rock of the defence, the lad was brilliant, he was making forward runs time and time again, running into good space on a few occasions, he saved us from a draw towards the end, he DID play a HUGE part in this win - My rating: 9/10

Boumsong - terrible! more mistakes and defenders where running pas him time and time again, he was skint by Elliot who went onto score, he is showing why people are turning on him, when Bramble is fit he MUST play - My rating: 5/10

Ramage - fantastic move by Souness inputting this lad ahead of Elliot, he was solid and always got in front of balls to prevent crosses, made runs and worked well with N'Zogbia, should play when Babayaro isnt fit and who knows maybe play when Baba is fit - My rating: 8/10

Solano - brilliant game for Nolberto, he hasnt played in months and isnt to full fitness, he gave us an hour of quaity football and proved to us all why we should miss him when he is out. Made runs constantly and provided brilliant balls into the box on many occasions - My rating: 9/10

Parker - was solid as usual but wasnt the star of the show, possibly because he was booked which he shouldnt have been, made an excellent tackle late in the game and was rock solid, Scott is key for us and he showed that AGAIN today - my rating: 8/10

Emre - Scored the winner, make runs and was a nightmare for the mackem defence, had a great shot early in the game, like Solano he isnt fully fit but showed signs of getting there, sponser motm and deserved it, took a lot of knocks abotu 4 or 5 in total and skill got up to give 110% - My rating - 9/10

N'Zogbia - was very quiet at times but when he had the ball he was active and made some quality runs, set Ameobi up for the 2nd goal, Charles had a good game and once again showed signs of improvement - My rating: 7/10

Shearer - layed on balls wonder fully like he has been doing all season, played on the right side a lot and provided many crosses,the captain did a good job today for the club and the fans - My rating: 8/10

Ameobi - what can i say, the man of the moment, he certainly proved himself to me and many others, you have seen my posts this week on the lad and he has bitten back, played very well and deserved the man of the match award- My rating: 9/10

Clark, Faye and Chopra came on and made little impact as they played defensive roles, Faye made a terrible mistake and when having a fully fit squad shouldnt even make the bench.

A good and well deserved win for us at last, nothing like beating the mackems. we are now 12th, if Middlesbrough lose we go 11th so i have no complaints, well done Graeme and well done Newcastle United.

Download the Goals, Post match and the Highlights all at NUFC Media from tomorrow.

Heres what i thought:

Shay Given - Didnt makeany major saves but saved the defence embarrassment and showed good thinking skills when he constantly came out of his net and cleared - My rating: 8/10

Steven Carr - retired from Ireland and said he wants to concentrate on Newcastle and he has done. Steven has had a dodgy start this season but is coming into form, he made good forward runs and worked well with Solano, for me he played a good part in this win - My rating: 8/10

Steven Taylor - was the rock of the defence, the lad was brilliant, he was making forward runs time and time again, running into good space on a few occasions, he saved us from a draw towards the end, he DID play a HUGE part in this win - My rating: 9/10

Boumsong - terrible! more mistakes and defenders where running pas him time and time again, he was skint by Elliot who went onto score, he is showing why people are turning on him, when Bramble is fit he MUST play  - My rating: 5/10

Ramage - fantastic move by Souness inputting this lad ahead of Elliot, he was solid and always got in front of balls to prevent crosses, made runs and worked well with N'Zogbia, should play when Babayaro isnt fit and who knows maybe play when Baba is fit - My rating: 8/10

Solano - brilliant game for Nolberto, he hasnt played in months and isnt to full fitness, he gave us an hour of quaity football and proved to us all why we should miss him when he is out. Made runs constantly and provided brilliant balls into the box on many occasions - My rating: 9/10

Parker - was solid as usual but wasnt the star of the show, possibly because he was booked which he shouldnt have been, made an excellent tackle late in the game and was rock solid, Scott is key for us and he showed that AGAIN today - my rating: 8/10

Emre - Scored the winner, make runs and was a nightmare for the mackem defence, had a great shot early in the game, like Solano he isnt fully fit but showed signs of getting there, sponser motm and deserved it, took a lot of knocks abotu 4 or 5 in total and skill got up to give 110% - My rating - 9/10

N'Zogbia - was very quiet at times but when he had the ball he was active and made some quality runs, set Ameobi up for the 2nd goal, Charles had a good game and once again showed signs of improvement - My rating: 7/10

Shearer - layed on balls wonder fully like he has been doing all season, played on the right side a lot and provided many crosses,the captain did a good job today for the club and the fans - My rating: 8/10

Ameobi - what can i say, the man of the moment, he certainly proved himself to me and many others, you have seen my posts this week on the lad and he has bitten back, played very well and deserved the man of the match award- My rating: 9/10

Clark, Faye and Chopra came on and made little impact as they played defensive roles, Faye made a terrible mistake and when having a fully fit squad shouldnt even make the bench.

A good and well deserved win for us at last, nothing like beating the mackems. we are now 12th, if Middlesbrough lose we go 11th so i have no complaints, well done Graeme and well done Newcastle United.

Download the Goals, Post match and the Highlights all at NUFC Media from tomorrow.

48529[/snapback]

jesus 8's and 9's? where we watching the same game??

Can't be bothered to do ratings, but I thought Carr was utter shite yet again, as well as Boumsong and Shearer.

Taylor was quality though.

48537[/snapback]

given 7 -OK

carr 7.5 - Good game

boumsong 7 - Fine. Some very good and some odd moments but OK

taylor 7 - Pulled out of position too often and too easily. Some good moments

ramage 5.5 - wayward passing

solano 7.5 - Great touches

emre 8 - Some wayward passing. some outstanding. Almost allowed mackems in on goal x 2.

parker 7 - Better than last week. Stillstands off at times and dives in on others.

nzogbia 5 - isnt experienced or capable enough yet. Poor

shearer 7. Won all he had to. Some lovely link up play

ameobi 8 - Excellent , and that is apart from the goals.

I know everyones entitled to their opinion but Shearer was woeful. He isnt even dominating in the air like he used to, he lost more headers than he won. The Sunderland CB's handled him comfortably and they're hardly top quality, Caldwell ffs!!

His distribution was even poor.

Emre, Nobby, Shola, Taylor and Ramage deserve a mention. The rest were average to poor

I know everyones entitled to their opinion but Shearer was woeful. He isnt even dominating in the air like he used to, he lost more headers than he won. The Sunderland CB's handled him comfortably and they're hardly top quality, Caldwell ffs!!

His distribution was even poor.

Emre, Nobby, Shola, Taylor and Ramage deserve a mention. The rest were average to poor

48554[/snapback]

Shearer led the line very well. Link up play was very good too.

Zogbia was clueless and out of his depth. I know the kids like him but he did nowt today. The left was clearly our weak link and Sunderland tended to concentrate on that area. Zog flattered. He isnt good enough yet. But he will be. Weakest link today. Seemed to be the concensus around me too. were all old men though.

Given - 7: A good performance

Carr - 7: Played well. He's been looking better recently

Ramage - 7: Inexperienced and out of position, but he did a fine job

Boumsong - 4: Awful. He's a good player but I don't know what's happened this season

Taylor - 8: Very good

Nobby - 8: It was a pleasure to have him back. We've missed him and his performance today showed that. Looks to have an understanding with Parker and Emre already. Tired towards the end but that's understandable. Welcome home

Zog - 7: Worked hard. His pace was a nuisance to Sunderland

Parker - 7: Looked solid and comfortable

Emre - 9: Brilliant. Always a threat. Worked his socks off. MOTM well deserved

Shola - 7: F*cking hell Shola - 2 goals! He played well today, although at times he still seemed to lack awareness

Shearer - 6: Not as much of a threat up front, but he can win balls and his presence and experience was important. He also defended well when needed

SUBS: (none of them were on that long, so a rating doesn't seem right)

Clark - Reliable as ever

Faye - Wasn't bad for the time he was on

Chopra - Didn't do that much but didn't really have time to

6's for Given, Carr, Boumsong, Parker & Shearer

7 for Taylor & N'Zogbia

8's for Ramage, Emre, Solano & Ameobi

48563[/snapback]

With the exceptions of Carr and Boumsong who deserve 4 maybe 5, have to agree totally.

With

:nufc: Ameobi - ffs why can't you play like this everyweek man. I swore and cursed everything you did for the first 25 minutes and then you just came to life.

:o Emre - class with him in the team with Nobby we finally have a midfield that looks like they can make something out of nothing.

:( Ramage - Mate when you stopped that cross with your face and then started to check you still had your teeth while looking for your man to mark, at that point you were an example to the two senior defenders in the team.

Nobby welcome home son, god how we missed you.

Can't be bothered to do ratings, but I thought Carr was utter shite yet again, as well as Boumsong and Shearer.

48537[/snapback]

given 7 -OK

carr 7.5 - Good game

emre 8 - Some wayward passing. some outstanding. Almost allowed mackems in on goal x 2.

parker 7 - Better than last week. Stillstands off at times and dives in on others.

48543[/snapback]

Racist tbh

48537[/snapback]

given 7 -OK

carr 7.5 - Good game

48543[/snapback]

Racist tbh

48644[/snapback]

More clueless but we can all see where you are going.

given 7

carr 7

boumsong 5

taylor 7.5

ramage 7

solano 7.5

emre 9

parker 8

nzogbia 7

shearer 5

ameobi 8

48523[/snapback]

Pretty much what he said although I would have Taylor on par with Shola and Boumsong wouldn't have got above a four for that disgracefull display against fizzy pop league forwards.

I think Rammage and Zog deserve an extra mention too for what were excellent displays as young lads in their first derby (especially with Rammage playing out of position and against the unwashed best player).

Edited by David Kelly

Saw it on telly.

Given 6 Didn't have to pull off the usual string of amazing saves. Thought he could have got a hand on the 1st goal.

Carr 6 Wasn't tested too much, got forward now & again.

Taylor 8 Beaten in the air by Le Tallec, overall good display though.

Boum 5 Great athlete, not a footballer IMO

Solano 7 Quality on the ball, a good thinker and talker. Would make a better captain than Shearer.

Emre 7 Passing wasn't incredible but probably didn't have much to pass to, lost the ball in critical area, great FK.

Parker 4 BY HIS STANDARDS. Whenever they attacked, he was the wrong side of the ball. Bad, bad positional play. Better option than Faye and i'm told he wasn't fit, should've stayed just in front of the back 4 then and had a breather, at least he'd have been in the right place!

Zog 6 Not bad, needs a game or 2 off i think. Very industrious and postive. VERY LUCKY about the non-penalty.

Ameobi 8 Hard to slate him after that but i can't help but be a reserved voice in a crowd of applauding pundits.

Shearer 5 Zero goal threat, didn't lose the ball much though which is enough for a 9 for some people.

Ramage 7 Clearly a defender who has been coached by people other than those who supervise our first team. Intelligent defending.

I thought that Shola was man of the match closely followed by Taylor and Emre. Shola and Taylor did especially well as Shearer and Boumsong were awful.

Sunderland....Whole team played with a passion 9!

49024[/snapback]

You can claim as many moral victories as you like, meanwhile you lost the match.

Heard someone saying similar in a shop in Sunderland yesterday. I had to bite my tongue when they said that Sunderland would be happier with the result as they had been the better side. Aye, whatever you say.

49461[/snapback]

You have to hand it to them- no matter what the outcome is they usually manage to turn it into some kind of victory. It's quite a skill. Conversely, even when we win half the time it feels like a defeat.

Sunderland....Whole team played with a passion 9!

49024[/snapback]

Must really be tough to take when you punched waaaay above your weight and still couldn't beat an underperforming Newcastle side. ;)