On a wing and a prayer....

Asprilla

Viduka likely to return for Newcastle this weekend

04.02.09 | Andrew Slevison

Newcastle United striker Mark Viduka looks set to return to action this weekend.

The Socceroos star has had an interrupted season due to injury but according to Magpies boss Joe Kinnear has regained fitness and is available for selection against West Bromwich Albion on Saturday.

Newcastle have been buoyed by a number of key signings during the transfer window and now the availability of Viduka along with fellow strikers Obafemi Martins and Alan Smith gives the Toon faithful some renewed confidence.

“It gives us a bit more firepower for West Brom," Kinnear told The Newcastle Chronicle.

"I know it’s an old cliche, but it will be like having three new players back :lol: . Of course, we were desperately disappointed not to come away with more new signings, but myself and Mike Ashley worked hard throughout the day to try to make it happen.

"But in welcoming back Oba, Viduka and Smithy we have three fresh faces to pick from. I have been unable to pick Smithy so far since coming in as manager and I’m delighted to get the opportunity to do so now."

:nufc:

Do you think JFK has been reading the deadline day thread!? Hes got to be taking the piss, 3 new fucking players!? I wish. I give Viduka a game and a half before hes injured, Smith a season and a half before he manages a shot on target, and Martins a minute and a half before someone makes a post about him being shit.

Viduka likely to return for Newcastle this weekend

04.02.09 | Andrew Slevison

Newcastle United striker Mark Viduka looks set to return to action this weekend.

The Socceroos star has had an interrupted season due to injury but according to Magpies boss Joe Kinnear has regained fitness and is available for selection against West Bromwich Albion on Saturday.

Newcastle have been buoyed by a number of key signings during the transfer window and now the availability of Viduka along with fellow strikers Obafemi Martins and Alan Smith gives the Toon faithful some renewed confidence.

“It gives us a bit more firepower for West Brom," Kinnear told The Newcastle Chronicle.

"I know it’s an old cliche, but it will be like having three new players back :lol: . Of course, we were desperately disappointed not to come away with more new signings, but myself and Mike Ashley worked hard throughout the day to try to make it happen.

"But in welcoming back Oba, Viduka and Smithy we have three fresh faces to pick from. I have been unable to pick Smithy so far since coming in as manager and I’m delighted to get the opportunity to do so now."

:nufc:

Decoded the Viduka bit means he'll come on for 11 min at the end.

Do you think JFK has been reading the deadline day thread!? Hes got to be taking the piss, 3 new fucking players!? I wish. I give Viduka a game and a half before hes injured, Smith a season and a half before he manages a shot on target, and Martins a minute and a half before someone makes a post about him being shit.

Shit that Martins ,like :lol:

I wonder who would do that here? :lol:

He's a bit scatty not shit.