Racism in football

Toonraider

One of the best, if not the best games ive seen him play for us (admittedly i only saw the match on tv) after a sluggish start, he really got into it, the goals obviously gave him confidence but i was pleased to see his effort and aggression....he even tackled!!! :nufc:

Gotta say it.....WHY cant he always give 100% like that? He's so frustrating :(

Its performances like this that make him more annoying because it shows he can do it!!!

I've never been one of the people who think he is outright shite as a player, i've always thought he had ability but was inconsistent, then that turned into being consistently poor for soem reason.

What i epxect from him is that level of effort, committment and agression both on and off the ball and he's shown he can do it so there's no excuse for not repeating it. I don't expect two goals a game from him, but the rest of that performance should be repeated more often.

One of the best, if not the best games ive seen him play for us (admittedly i only saw the match on tv) after a sluggish start, he really got into it, the goals obviously gave him confidence but i was pleased to see his effort and aggression....he even tackled!!!  :nufc:

Gotta say it.....WHY cant he always give 100% like that? He's so frustrating  :(

48528[/snapback]

It's as if he only puts on the effort for the big games, but I'd hope to always see him putting in that much effort, especially now he has that confidence back.

He's always been good in Europe, be it for the U21s or for us, he managed to score.

good player. Needs to move to find his level. It isnt at the level we need but its better than people give him credit for.

Another one the boo boys dislike. Jenas, Dyer, Boumsong, Ameobi, Faye, Babayaro. What do they have in common?

Coincidence? Beginning to doubt it.

good player. Needs to move to find his level. It isnt at the level we need but its better than people give him credit for.

Another one the boo boys dislike. Jenas, Dyer, Boumsong, Ameobi, Faye, Babayaro. What do they have in common?

48548[/snapback]

Ever heard of Les Ferdinand? :nufc:

48548[/snapback]

Inconsistency ?

On the subject of booing players, the "supporters" who booed Faye ont the pitch would do everyone a favour if they fucked off out of St. James and never came back.

The bloke is crap at football, we all know that, but he gives everything and it isn't his fault the manager picks him. Booing him onto the pitch is really going to lift him isn't it, we really do have some complete cocks in the ground.

i had to read that list 3 times to get what you were on about, think you are grabbing at straws there mate. they are all shit, end of, black, white or purple? andy o'brien got as much stick as anyone else when he was here!

48555[/snapback]

i knew right away what bez was implying, its so inconceivable that i chose to ignore it and put one of the real reasons :nufc:

On the subject of booing players, the "supporters" who booed Faye ont the pitch would do everyone a favour if they fucked off out of St. James and never came back.

The bloke is crap at football, we all know that, but he gives everything and it isn't his fault the manager picks him. Booing him onto the pitch is really going to lift him isn't it, we really do have some complete cocks in the ground.

48556[/snapback]

Very true. Not sure how long you have gone ot SJP PL and I am aware we have our differences but in the last 10 years the make up of the crowd and their Championship Manager/Pop Idol mentaility is one of the least refreshing aspects of the change.

48548[/snapback]

Jeezus fookin Christ on a bloody big bike.

What you saying now? that all Toon fans are racist? if you're going to post shite like that why not do it under the pseudonym you normally use for that stuff?

48556[/snapback]

Is it inconceiveable?

think about our players. think about the fact today is 'KROF' day and consider:

are all players treat equally?

48548[/snapback]

What you saying now? that all Toon fans are racist? if you're going to post shite like that why not do it under the pseudonym you normally use for that stuff?

48561[/snapback]

Peasepud. Although we play in B&W. not everything has to be diametric.

There are pocket so of people and gray areas.

I havenst said we are all racist. In light of today though it is worth considering.

We have a less than favourable reputation regarding racism as Alex Williams (1984 MCFC) will testify

If Shola can play that well in every game, he could be a 20 goal a season guy, and wear the no. 9 shirt with pride.

I'm sitting here this morning with a hoarse voice, and it's primarily due to him - if this is the level he is going to play at, i'm prepared to eat my words, and withdraw my criticism of him.

oh, and Bez, i can think of so many well constructed arguments to your atttempts at pot stirring, referencing an incident in 1984 is not valid, and a full reply would just legitimise your argument, so i wont.

Whey it's a start and one in the eye for all the ABBA's, but he's going to have to come up with that sort of level on a regular basis to get a lot of folk off his back. It would be interesting to see him play a full match with that commitment with Owen.

Hopefully he doesn't take this goal against that lot, as an excuse to take it easy for a few games.

1 game out of how many? If he can play like that every game, great. If he plays one game like that every 20 and is utterly awful for the rest of the time, get well shot of him. It's alright being able to raise your game when you're a geordie playing against the mackems, but he's got to be consistant.

Edited by BlueStar

I'm not saying he doesn't, I'm saying that it's a start.

And it doesn't help him being stuck on the wing, or playing alongside Shearer, but he has to bring his level of performance up, take the job seriously, and get properly stuck in against EVERYBODY, maybe there is a player in there somewhere, but he's done a good job at hiding him for as long.

1 game out of how many?  If he can play like that every game, great.  If he plays one game like that every 20 and is utterly awful for the rest of the time, get well shot of him.  It's alright being able to raise your game when you're a geordie playing against the mackems, but he's got to be consistant.

48642[/snapback]

Saw him in Chinatown an hour or two after the match and his most vehement detractors amongst my group rushed accross the road to fawn over him. Unprinicipalled twats.

They've called him worse than shit for years and all of a sudden he's a legend. No doubt he'll be shit again after the grimsby game.

Personally I've not slagged him off too much but I find it amazing the chances he's been given ahead of Chopra.

48548[/snapback]

48561[/snapback]

If you mean me, it's not me. I'm me, not him. Geddit?

If Shola can play that well in every game, he could be a 20 goal a season guy, and wear the no. 9 shirt with pride.

I'm sitting here this morning with a hoarse voice, and it's primarily due to him - if this is the level he is going to play at, i'm prepared to eat my words, and withdraw my criticism of him.

oh, and Bez, i can think of so many well constructed arguments to your atttempts at pot stirring, referencing an incident in 1984 is not valid, and a full reply would just legitimise your argument, so i wont.

48637[/snapback]

Pot stirring? We know NEwcastle has racism problems. There are literally hundreds of incidents every season. listen at the ground, in the pubs, on forums. Alex Williams is the most obvious - hoying bananas at him.

Its not shit-stirring. Its simply pointing out that we havent got rid of the problems. On KROF day it needs reaffirming.

Tyneside isnt very tolerant. Its fickle alright but is there more? Probably yes.

A lot more in my view.

We, as fans need to be active. Not sticking head in sand like Peasepud has doen and throw arms in air. ITs not all or nothing. If some are - and there are plenty of them - it doesnt follow the peasepud path of sgetting stroppy and suggesting I said ALL are.

Nor does it mean NONE are.

However, there are plenty. Sadly. At matches some jeer poor players. Others?

Well, its hardly coincidental is it?

Edited by bez

48637[/snapback]

Pot stirring? We know NEwcastle has racism problems. There are literally hundreds of incidents every season. listen at the ground, in the pubs, on forums. Alex Williams is the most obvious - hoying bananas at him.

Its not shit-stirring. Its simply pointing out that we havent got rid of the problems. On KROF day it needs reaffirming.

Tyneside isnt very tolerant. Its fickle alright but is there more? Probably yes.

A lot more in my view.

We, as fans need to be active. Not sticking head in sand like Peasepud has doen and throw arms in air. ITs not all or nothing. If some are - and there are plenty of them - it doesnt follow the peasepud path of sgetting stroppy and suggesting I said ALL are.

48682[/snapback]

There is a very very small minority of arseholes that will shout out something racist on very rare occasions. That's inexcusable, but I don't think it can accurately be referred to as a "racism problem" - that to me sounds like something deep-seated and widespread and I don't know whereabouts you sit in the ground, but that isn't my experience where I sit.

And before anyone starts, I'm not excusing anything or trying to brush the racist comments that are sometimes (and I'm talking VERY rarely, in my experience) made under the carpet. To me, a club with "racism problems" would be one where a black player suffers monkey-chanting etc. I've heard one racist comment this season where I sit and probably two last season, both at away games - sorry, but that's an ignorant arsehole problem, not an entrenched racism problem.

The argument that black players are receiving stick because they're black is ridiculous by the way. The ones that you've listed have got stick because they've been playing completely shite - playing the race card on their behalf is pathetic.

48637[/snapback]

A lot more in my view.

48682[/snapback]

There is a very very small minority of arseholes that will shout out something racist on very rare occasions. That's inexcusable, but I don't think it can accurately be referred to as a "racism problem" - that to me sounds like something deep-seated and widespread and I don't know whereabouts you sit in the ground, but that isn't my experience where I sit.

And before anyone starts, I'm not excusing anything or trying to brush the racist comments that are sometimes (and I'm talking VERY rarely, in my experience) made under the carpet. To me, a club with "racism problems" would be one where a black player suffers monkey-chanting etc. I've heard one racist comment this season where I sit and probably two last season, both at away games - sorry, but that's an ignorant arsehole problem, not an entrenched racism problem.

The argument that black players are receiving stick because they're black is ridiculous by the way. The ones that you've listed have got stick because they've been playing completely shite - playing the race card on their behalf is pathetic.

48696[/snapback]

Personally i have no wish to re-open this can of worms. I said my piece before and i thought a very good debate followed. I also have no wish to create any divisions on here because i like all the regulars i 'know'.

However Gemmil, if the last paragraph above is your view with regards to the attitude of all football fans in general, then i think it is a little blinkered. :nufc: