Racism in football

Toonraider

Sometimes I get the feeling that the main people who dont treat a person equally are those that highlight the "problem". To list half a dozen black players and say that they are receiving abuse because of their skin colour means that you yourself see them differently to other players.

Every one of those players listed gets abuse because of the way in which they play and/or project themselves outside the game not because of the colour of their skin, I can honestly say that I dont even think about the skin colour in any views I have on a player, I havent excused things done by the likes of Bowyer, Bellamy, Robert, Butt and Butt again purely because he deserves to be listed twice because they're white. In the same way as I havent called a player because hes black.

If they do well they get credit regardless of skin colour, sexual preference or anything else. Same goes for if they're shite or acting like arseholes, they'll get slagged off, white, black, asian or even Australian.

Football fans get a bad press sometimes, if theres 50,000 people in a small enclosed space and you hear one racist taunt that doesnt make footballers racist just the same as hearing someone say something at work doesnt make the company racist.

48720[/snapback]

You speak much sense :nufc:

Tell me bez, why do you feel its necessary to change your user name every ten minutes? I'm curious.

48779[/snapback]

Five minutes? Well, yesterday was Kick Racism out of football day Renton. So for the first time ever I registered as not_a_racist

As the day was done and the event gone. I renamed as Bez. A man I saw many times with the Happy Mondays.

Been here for about 36 hours now.

36 hours = 36 *60 = 2160 minutes

Not every 10 minutes as you claim. Thanks :nufc:

Yours sincerely, The smug, arrogant bastard!

Edited by bez

also can we edit the quotes before posting? its doing me heed in scrolling through ream after ream of quotes to see one line of reply. :nufc:

48757[/snapback]

Cant agree peasepud

Bling, as you have read, is intrinsically linked to black music and culture

Bling bastard is thus not 'diamond wearing bastard' is it?

I will let you work it out.

Do a search on Newcastle forums for bling. See the association.

We dont get that analogy or similar used with our white players.

That is the point

Personally, I am certain that black players (like most balck employees) have more to prove than their white equivalent.

I will keep pointing that out at work, union meetings and here until its a level playing field.

That is the point.

48762[/snapback]

Bling isn't black culture, it's a less than pleasant phenomenon which is ingrained in certain groups of predominantly black kids.

Just like we have white charvers. It's not ALL white culture, nor should it be seen as such.

Tell me bez, why do you feel its necessary to change your user name every ten minutes? I'm curious.

48779[/snapback]

Five minutes? Well, yesterday was Kick Racism out of football day Renton. So for the first time ever I registered as not_a_racist

As the day was done and the event gone. I renamed as Bez. A man I saw many times with the Happy Mondays.

Not every 10 minutes as you claim. Thanks :(

48789[/snapback]

I said 10 minutes :nufc:.

It just gets a bit confusing that's all, I like to know who I'm talking to, but with you it's pretty easy to work out I guess.

Anyway peasepud. Just as an intelligent conversation was starting the bairns came onto the forum. Something for the intelligent amongst you to think about.

48792[/snapback]

Why don't you name and shame these "unintelligent bairns" then?

also can we edit the quotes before posting? its doing me heed in scrolling through ream after ream of quotes to see one line of reply. :nufc:

48757[/snapback]

Cant agree peasepud

That is the point

Personally, I am certain that black players (like most balck employees) have more to prove than their white equivalent.

I will keep pointing that out at work, union meetings and here until its a level playing field.

That is the point.

48762[/snapback]

Bling isn't black culture, it's a less than pleasant phenomenon which is ingrained in certain groups of predominantly black kids.

Just like we have white charvers. It's not ALL white culture, nor should it be seen as such.

48790[/snapback]

Bling is in fact part of black culture. There are some excellent web sites commenting on it and some very good articles recently in the (not so well named) broadsheets

the intelligent conversation stopped when you claimed we abuse the shit players cos they are black. you can use all the long words you want but no-one has agreed with you yet, does that not tell you something?

48796[/snapback]

Provokes thought and that is why we have KROF days.

When you grow up you might even understand the big words.

48757[/snapback]

Cant agree peasepud

That is the point

That is the point.

48762[/snapback]

48790[/snapback]

Bling is in fact part of black culture. There are some excellent web sites commenting on it and some very good articles recently in the (not so well named) broadsheets

48798[/snapback]

So is it racist to call a white man a bling bastard then? For the third time of asking.....

i notice you edited that post. did you get your sums wrong?

48791[/snapback]

No. I though he said 5 minutes rather than 10. Did you got to the game yesterday?

48794[/snapback]

No I was saving lives at work again unfortunately

:nufc:

Anyway peasepud. Just as an intelligent conversation was starting the bairns came onto the forum. Something for the intelligent amongst you to think about.

48792[/snapback]

48795[/snapback]

There is no shame in not being erudite Renton. Nor is there any shame in being young and daft. Ignorance though? That is the issue.

the intelligent conversation stopped when you claimed we abuse the shit players cos they are black. you can use all the long words you want but no-one has agreed with you yet, does that not tell you something?

48796[/snapback]

Provokes thought and that is why we have KROF days.

When you grow up you might even understand the big words.

48799[/snapback]

my english degree helps me understand the big words, what i dont understand is why you even post on here if we are all a bunch of racists?

48792[/snapback]

48795[/snapback]

There is no shame in not being erudite Renton. Nor is there any shame in being young and daft. Ignorance though? That is the issue.

48802[/snapback]

It appears everybody on here is ignorant on here except you though. Funny that.

i notice you edited that post. did you get your sums wrong?

48791[/snapback]

No. I though he said 5 minutes rather than 10. Did you got to the game yesterday?

48794[/snapback]

No I was saving lives at work again unfortunately

:nufc:

48801[/snapback]

Well, it was very good. We won. 3-2.

You posted around the same time as the match funnily enough.

48792[/snapback]

48795[/snapback]

48802[/snapback]

It appears everybody on here is ignorant on here except you though. Funny that.

48807[/snapback]

Youre getting there Renton. Ignorance doesnt mean 'thick'. Just not aware of. Did you know it was KROF day yesterday?

You didnt did you?

did you get a word of the day calendar for christmas or something, or do the girls find your large vocabulary git cool.

48806[/snapback]

No. Just a good education helps your cerebral faculty improve.

Happy face. 'We' was meant to mean you and me.

i dont like ostentatious use of jewelry either but its a different matter.

Some psychologists reckon jewellry is just a way of avoiding/deflecting from yourself anyway.

I've never been shy.

48783[/snapback]

But I'm black! Did you assume that us po' old boys couldn't afford computers?

With regard to your 'more difficult for black people in the workplace' I'm all for positive dicrimination. A lot of people on here I seem to remeber think it's bollocks, and in the world of football I'd agree. If you have 2 people who seem to be identical in ability, then I think the black person should get the job. This is small retribution for the long history of abuse they and their ancestors have received. The thing is Football managers don't interview and far more of a footballers past is known to call any 2 identical.

48779[/snapback]

Not every 10 minutes as you claim. Thanks :nufc:

48789[/snapback]

I thought you registered several days ago with that username and considering one of your first posts was having a pop at HTL I thought the username was in reference to previous with him..