West Brom (A)

smoggeordie

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was postponed i thik it would be pretty beneficial tbh with our next game on the 22nd against Everton at home.

Would give us two weeks to give key players more training time and to up there fitness. Just in time to play the toffees at home and put there coals in bit time! :lol:

Simpson is out and I heard that Greening and Koren face late fitness tests. If, IF them three miss the game that a massive advantage for us, They're arguably their best players going forward.

JOE KINNEAR has demanded even more from Spanish left-back Jose Enrique going into Newcastle United’s daunting Premier League run-in.

Enrique will feel he has done enough to stay in the team against West Brom after the 1-1 draw with Sunderland.

But Kinnear has a big decision to make ahead of the trip on Saturday and must decide how to use new boy Ryan Taylor at the Hawthorns.

The England Under-21 star can play in a range of positions and has starred out wide on both flanks for Wigan and at right-back and left-back.

And with Kinnear unlikely to drop Damien Duff, Jonas Gutierrez or Steven Taylor, Enrique could be the unfortunate one against the Baggies despite going into the game on the back of one his best performances in a black-and- white shirt.

However, Kinnear told the Chronicle: “I told him at half- time, you’re not giving what I expect from you.

“He’s got all the potential to be a top-class left-back.

“He just sits at times.

“He was our get-out ball, without a shadow of a doubt.

“I didn’t think he did enough in the first half, so I had words with him at half-time, and I thought he did exceptionally well in the second half.”

Indeed Enrique was a big threat for the Magpies down the left-hand side and linked up superbly with Jonas before later admitting he likes to link up down the flank with the Argentine international.

The selection dilemma is a welcome one for Kinnear, who also has Kevin Nolan and Nicky Butt lined up for places in the engine room and must perm two strikers from Andy Carroll, Oba Martins, Mark Viduka, Alan Smith and Xisco.

However, reflecting on the capabilities of Enrique, Kinnear says: "When he gets in that last third of the pitch, he can hurt teams.

“Sometimes he’s just prepared to sit on his backside in that position and let the game drift away from him.”

United have also been buoyed by the news that Michael Owen is making excellent progress from the ankle injury sustained at Manchester City.

Owen is out of contention for West Brom and the home clash with Everton on February 22, but is targeting the trip to Bolton on March 1.

Top class from Ryder there :lol:

JOE KINNEAR has demanded even more from Spanish left-back Jose Enrique going into Newcastle United’s daunting Premier League run-in.

Enrique will feel he has done enough to stay in the team against West Brom after the 1-1 draw with Sunderland.

But Kinnear has a big decision to make ahead of the trip on Saturday and must decide how to use new boy Ryan Taylor at the Hawthorns.

The England Under-21 star can play in a range of positions and has starred out wide on both flanks for Wigan and at right-back and left-back.

And with Kinnear unlikely to drop Damien Duff, Jonas Gutierrez or Steven Taylor, Enrique could be the unfortunate one against the Baggies despite going into the game on the back of one his best performances in a black-and- white shirt.

However, Kinnear told the Chronicle: “I told him at half- time, you’re not giving what I expect from you.

“He’s got all the potential to be a top-class left-back.

“He just sits at times.

“He was our get-out ball, without a shadow of a doubt.

“I didn’t think he did enough in the first half, so I had words with him at half-time, and I thought he did exceptionally well in the second half.”

Indeed Enrique was a big threat for the Magpies down the left-hand side and linked up superbly with Jonas before later admitting he likes to link up down the flank with the Argentine international.

The selection dilemma is a welcome one for Kinnear, who also has Kevin Nolan and Nicky Butt lined up for places in the engine room and must perm two strikers from Andy Carroll, Oba Martins, Mark Viduka, Alan Smith and Xisco.

However, reflecting on the capabilities of Enrique, Kinnear says: "When he gets in that last third of the pitch, he can hurt teams.

“Sometimes he’s just prepared to sit on his backside in that position and let the game drift away from him.”

United have also been buoyed by the news that Michael Owen is making excellent progress from the ankle injury sustained at Manchester City.

Owen is out of contention for West Brom and the home clash with Everton on February 22, but is targeting the trip to Bolton on March 1.

Top class from Ryder there :lol:

Jonas is suspended for this game, and Taylor is just not good enough, wake up Joe, haven't you missed something, you muppet!!

Probably win this easy knowing our penchant for freakery.

I've fucking told you about your predictions. Jesus wept! Do you want us to go down? :lol:

West Brom official site saying the game will go ahead if there are no severe changes in the weather in Birmingham over the next 28 hours or so, which aren't expected. Pitch and stadium is fine, and they're doing extensive gritting in the surrounding areas.

West Brom official site saying the game will go ahead if there are no severe changes in the weather in Birmingham over the next 28 hours or so, which aren't expected. Pitch and stadium is fine, and they're doing extensive gritting in the surrounding areas.

Lets hope they don't ring a fat smoggy, ex-referee for a second opinion.

Edited by Matty

The Dublin-born Irishman told The Newcastle Chronicle earlier today:

“People start becoming optimistic again when you win,”

Our fans were fantastic against Sunderland, and they are the most important thing at this club.”

“They gave the team great support, and the lads received a good ovation at the end.”

“The only thing which disappointed me was the fact we did not win.” “We must start turning draws into wins,”

“We need another 14 points. Our target is 38 points, but that is achievable. We have games coming up which are winnable.”

Why don't we believe you Joe, can somebody let Ashley in on this little GEM???

Beggers belief, this lot are just fecking stupid.

Harper

R Taylor Collo Bassong Enrique

Lovenkrands Nolan Butt Duff

Martins Viduka

Possible line up?

To be fair that's a half decent side.

I dunno, that midfield looks pretty bloody average to me

That's the half that's not decent. :lol:

I'm looking forward to the new boys trying to impress though.

I would have Martins and Shola tbh.

Ay, Bring Viduka on with 20-30 to go for shola.

Only problem is Martins might be knackered as well so i would look to chuck on smith, but id rather see him come on for butt in the 2nd half.

Is Collocini still a doubt? Might be looking at a Taylor - Taylor - Bassong - Enrique line up. Though wasn't Kinnear rattling on about Enrique not being picked or something? Fucking clueless if he isn't, because he played a great game against the Mackems.

Maybe it's just because I had that Nuyorican Soul ft Joceylyn Brown tune on, but I've just got a feeling everything is going to be alright Tom.