Shay - Press Conference

donaldstott

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand Given being unhappy with the situation that exists at SJP, who isn't. I can't blame him for wanting to leave because of it but his comments in his press interview makes me think it's all about money.

He gave me the impression that Newcastle could have got him to stay if they had made more of an effort. But what did he mean, promises about Europe, silverware, new players, new direction, new anything, but would the offer of an increase in wages and extended contract been his solution. After all, he'll be obviously getting a bigger weekly pay-packet at Man.City and he'll get a share of the transfer fee.

I admire Given for the stalwart service he has given in his long tenure with us. I admire Given for persistantly praising our supporters, but I have to question whether he would have stayed had he been offered more money.

I've been in shitty jobs, with shitty management, shitty conditions, and shitty environment, but had stayed because the money was far from shitty, and to even mention leaving often meant more money to stay.

So what was Shay's real bottom-line reason for leaving, he hasn't gone to a top 6 team challenging for honours.

Just watching the game on MOTD and to be honest, his leaving hasn't really bothered me until I saw him in net for City. Then it all fell into place like a bad dream.

I watched it and was insanely jealous... how many times has he pulled off those awesome saves for us and we come to accept them as second nature.

Watching Steve Harper today (and then Given) made me realise what we have actually lost. And those fuckers running the club don't even care.

Just watching the game on MOTD and to be honest, his leaving hasn't really bothered me until I saw him in net for City. Then it all fell into place like a bad dream.

what's a player of such high quality doing playing for a club with huge ambitions?

daft cunt should have stuck it out with us, he doesn't know what he's missing .

Could well bite us, although our biggest strength in that area has never been Given or Harper, but that we had both.

I said it on N-O last night but I went to Man City yesterday in the corporate posh knob bit and it was gut wrenching seeing Given. Clapped as he ran towards the goal, celebrated their goal etc - gutted.

Can we stop this bollocks now? He's gone let's get behind Harper.

what bollocks? it wouldn't have happened if the fuckpigs in charge had a fucking clue what they were doing.

i sincerely hope ashley's, llambias' and wise's hearts explode tonight. along with that clueless cunt kinnear, they're responsible for the departure of a top class goalkeeper.

• 13 years later...