United...United?

Deano

Joe Kinnear has hailed the 'sense of unity' at Newcastle as Mike Ashley prepares to spend more time working with the club.

Ashley confirmed in December that the club was no longer for sale, having originally put Newcastle on the market following the sudden departure of former manager Kevin Keegan.

The Magpies owner has now told new boss Kinnear that he plans to attend the training ground more regularly and will also take more responsibility for key decisions.

Kinnear will also meet with Ashley every fortnight and the manager is looking forward to forging a close working relationship.

"Mike will be back in Newcastle today. He definitely wants to become more hands-on in the running of his football club," Kinnear told The Journal.

Committed

"He has been in Newcastle three days a week and that will be a regular thing from now on.

"He wants to see how things work and he's committed to a fortnightly major meeting between everyone at the club so that we can start moving things in the right direction.

"It is a new world for him. Over the last week or so we've had him down at the training ground talking to the players, eating his lunch with them and giving them the kind of reassurances on their contracts and their future that they've needed to hear.

"He hasn't seen players train and work first hand before but he told me it has opened his eyes, and he's definitely willing to back up his words."

Kinnear has been buoyed by Ashley's promise and believes Newcastle can now anticipate a bright future.

Unity

"I know people still have to be convinced about things but there is a sense of unity at the club now," Kinnear explained.

"The guys at the top know they need to communicate better, which is why they are speaking to the two local papers.

"I think they will sit down with supporters' groups and fans and the people of Newcastle at the end of the season - I know they want to do that.

"When I came in I kept getting caught between different people wanting different things but hopefully that has now disappeared and we can start to look forward."

-------------

Should of been the case from the start but better late then never.

Sitting down with supporter groups i presume he means NUSC? You know anything of this PP?

He's gonna have to find some wonder herb from the amazon to grow 6 inch thick skin to with with the members of NUSC.

Though if it means Wise removed and a bit of clarity this may be what we need.

Should of been the case from the start but better late then never.

Sitting down with supporter groups i presume he means NUSC? You know anything of this PP?

He's gonna have to find some wonder herb from the amazon to grow 6 inch thick skin to with with the members of NUSC.

Though if it means Wise removed and a bit of clarity this may be what we need.

:lol:

Cant believe you all missed this one

"I think they will sit down with supporters' groups and fans and the people of Newcastle at the end of the season - I know they want to do that.

So much for that post transfer window talk :lol:

Cant believe you all missed this one

So much for that post transfer window talk :lol:

Just what I was thinking

Wonder if the Q & A session will still happen with Llambias by the end of the week or have I got that all wrong and just dreamt it?

How on Earth Kinnear can bring himself to say these things, after this horrendous windows. And why in the hell, would anyone gain anything from waiting untill the seasons is over, before the club will have a dialog with fans.

More bullshit, and now people can basically look forward to Ashley being Director of football instead of Wise. Smashing

Committed

"He has been in Newcastle three days a week and that will be a regular thing from now on.

God I hate JFK but is he taking the piss? 3 days a week?? Committed??

Given the shitty mess we're in, if he had any desire to get us out of it surely he'd be here a damned sight more than 3 days a week!!!

I don't know about being committed, but he fucking wants committing... :lol: