Banks?

Sir Bob Almighty!

What banks is everyone with here? I'm sick to death of getting ridiculous charges from mine (Nationwide) and I'm thinking of swapping over to a different one.

What banks would you recommend? preferably a one that has the option for a student overdraft and one that wont screw me over at every turn.

Cheers lads :lol:

Of the big boys, Nationwide is among the least likely to go to the wall. Not that that helps you much right now, but you might be thankful at a later date.

None of which explains why I'm still with Barclays to be honest (other than general apathy/stupidity).

I have a student account with halifax, its good, online banking no stupid charges (as yet) interest free overdraft up to £3000 for up to a year after you graduate although I have capped mine at 1k because i do not want to getinto 3k of debt i'd have no chance of paying off

I have a student account with halifax, its good, online banking no stupid charges (as yet) interest free overdraft up to £3000 for up to a year after you graduate although I have capped mine at 1k because i do not want to getinto 3k of debt i'd have no chance of paying off

Booked in an appointment with Halifax for next week

Thanks, man.

£3k overdrafts? :lol:

Fucking hell!! I thought I had a mahoosive one at £1500 when I was a student....

I'm with HSBC and have been now for 13 years. Can't fault them. Have heard bad things about both Barclays and Shat West from various mates...

HSBC's customer service is absolutely woeful.

You must have upset them... not had an ounce of problem with their customer service in nearly 15 years. And I've given them plenty of shit to deal with.

HSBC's customer service is absolutely woeful.

You must have upset them... not had an ounce of problem with their customer service in nearly 15 years. And I've given them plenty of shit to deal with.

They're not rude, but I prefer to be able to understand the person who is attempting to help me.

LLoyds TSB Silver Account

Lloyds are absolute cunts

You've gota be a cunt to them for them to be a cunt to you :lol:

Absolutely not.

Exhibit A) Charged my lad £35 for going £2.47 overdrawn, went in to complain on his behalf and ask why they didn't refuse the debit card transaction that put him O/D, at the point of sale, and was basically told nowt they could do. The lad in the branch was canny enough and said he was sorry and said he had a customer in who ended £300 overdrawn because of charges when she went a fiver O/D when away on holiday.

Exhibit B - mates business account overdraft facility withdrawn with one weeks notice, was told "Don't worry we're not asking you to pay all of it back immediately, we'll do a loan for you so you've still got those funds available", nice of them eh? OH Aye proferred loan was at 19.8 APR.

Fucking Bandits

Edited by Toonpack

Absolutely not.

Exhibit A) Charged my lad £35 for going £2.47 overdrawn, went in to complain on his behalf and ask why they didn't refuse the debit card transaction that put him O/D, at the point of sale, and was basically told nowt they could do. The lad in the branch was canny enough and said he was sorry and said he had a customer in who ended £300 overdrawn because of charges when she went a fiver O/D when away on holiday.

Exhibit B - mates business account overdraft facility withdrawn with one weeks notice, was told "Don't worry we're not asking you to pay all of it back immediately, we'll do a loan for you so you've still got those funds available", nice of them eh? OH Aye proferred loan was at 19.8 APR.

Fucking Bandits

Cant really quote on your mates business but I would imagine that your lad should have made sure he has enough money in his account to purchase stuff on his card. £35 O/D charge applies to everyone so you should be more careful when you are going O/D. Thats exactly why I have took the O/D off my account ;). But then again it takes a cunt to know a cunt :yes

Absolutely not.

Fucking Bandits

Cant really quote on your mates business but I would imagine that your lad should have made sure he has enough money in his account to purchase stuff on his card. £35 O/D charge applies to everyone so you should be more careful when you are going O/D. Thats exactly why I have took the O/D off my account ;). But then again it takes a cunt to know a cunt :yes

I would have thought the "system" was smart enough to reject a transaction that means you're spending what you haven't got, but then that would kill off a nice little earner wouldn't it.

aal the same - love you when you're rich and screw you when you're poor

Very true.

I'm coming around to the readies under the mattress approach, no hidden charges there

Pah, I'll have to find a new place to store my dynamite now.