Kinnear needs heart bypass operation

Ketsbaia

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NUFC Statement - Update On Joe Kinnear

JOE Kinnear was admitted to hospital on Saturday morning after complaining of high blood pressure.

He underwent a series of tests during the day and the subsequent results have shown he is okay.

As a precaution, Joe will remain in hospital for observation for a couple of days and will then be discharged.

Joe missed Newcastle United's 3-2 win at West Bromwich Albion but was visited by Club directors and coach Chris Hughton after the game.

Joe said: "I'd like to thank everyone who has been asking how I have been feeling.

"Although I missed the game I had my grandson giving me a full commentary on the match.

"It was a great win for us and I told Chris well done and to pass on my congratulations to the players when he came to see me on Saturday evening."

Managing Director Derek Llambias said: "Joe was in good spirits and had been listening to the game all afternoon.

"And in typical Joe fashion he was more concerned about the team's win than himself.

"He was nice and relaxed and hopefully will be back home in a couple of days."

Lets hope hes had a stroke (That he fully recovers from obviously) so has to leave the club as manager

Considering you work in the medical insustry, I think that comment is fucking outrageous.

I wouldn't wish ill health on anyone, no matter how bad I think they are at a job.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...o-St-James.html

Newcastle's Joe Kinnear might not return to St James'

Joe Kinnear's turbulent reign as Newcastle United manager was hanging in the balance on Tuesday night as concerns mounted over his health.

Kinnear, 62, spent a fourth night in hospital in Sutton Coldfield and it is understood that tests have now shown that his medical problems are more severe than his initial sunny prognosis suggested.

Kinnear, who had a heart attack ten years ago when he was managing Wimbledon, was taken to hospital last Saturday due to his medical history after he woke up feeling unwell ahead of Newcastle's 3-2 win over West Bromwich Albion.

Initial hospital tests gave Kinnear cause to feel he would be back at work in time for Newcastle's game against Everton a week on Sunday but an examination by cardiologists on Monday showed his optimism was misplaced.

If concerns over Kinnear's health problems that surfaced over the weekend prove to be realised then it could spell the end of his managerial career following an eventful six months at Newcastle.

His reign began with a foul-mouthed tirade against journalists and he has regularly had brushes with the football authorities since returning to the touchline.

Should Kinnear be unable to return to work, Newcastle's fight against relegation would be overseen initially at least by his coaches, Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood.

Newcastle's director of football Dennis Wise and managing director Derek Llambias have met this week to discuss the future should Kinnear be told be could not return to work.

However, if Newcastle owner Mike Ashley decides he would prefer a more experienced hand at the tiller it would be no surprise if he asked Terry Venables to take on the challenge.

The former England and Tottenham manager turned down the chance to manage Newcastle earlier this season following Kevin Keegan's resignation because he was unwilling to work on such uncertain terms because Ashley was in the process of selling the club.

Now Ashley has reaffirmed his commitment to the Tyneside and that may be enough to lure Venables to the North-East where he could resurrect his own career six years after his last front-line managerial job at Leeds.

Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear needs heart operation

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 3:19 AM on 11th February 2009

Joe Kinnear has been told by doctors that he needs an emergency heart bypass operation, throwing his future as Newcastle boss into doubt.The 62-year-old, who had a heart attack ten years ago while managing Wimbledon, is expected to have surgery this week.

Kinnear was taken ill before Newcastle's match at West Bromwich Albion last weekend, and although he wants to return to work the Sun are reporting that doctors want to operate.

Assistant boss Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood are set to take temporary charge.

Kinnear joined Newcastle in September after Kevin Keegan dramatically quit the club, and despite being written off from the start by certain sections of the media he has steadied the ship at the troubled club to a certain extenct.

The Magpies crucially picked up three points at The Hawthorns on Saturday, but are still embroiled in a Premier League relegation battle.

Not Venables please!!! :lol:

I hate the bastard.

I'd take Verry Terribles over Houghton and co, but that's about the only positive I can find.

I am going to wake up some time soon arent I?

"eeeeeh pet I just had this geet horrible dream, we were in turmoil and the club was a shambles and King Kev was sacked and we were all protesting, in releagtion zone and fucking hell we had Joe Kinnear as manager but then he was ill so we got El Tel."

"now now pet shurrup with ya daft nightmares, eat your toast and get a shift on you've got to be at the Airport in an hour for the flight to Milan, Champions Leagues not going to wait for you ye knaaa".

Ye Gods. Just when you think things couldn't get more farcical, they sound like cocking up the next managerial appointment!

Terry Vegetables is a busted flush. What's the point? They should have been thinking about the next manager for months. I guarantee they'll not have given a moment's thought, and won't until poor old Joe's on the operating table and banned from going back to work.

We need an appointment for the next 5 years (5 year plan anyone?) rather than another washed up knobjockey old mate of Dennis Wise. If we're to make any progress at all we need somebody in touch with the modern game.

Bloody clowns :lol: