Kinnear needs heart bypass operation

Ketsbaia

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: So let Hughton have a go at the games we absolutely have to win, then get a new manager in just in time to lose a few in a row against Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal. Fucking amazing idea.

"Planning"

The management are worried for the future of NUFC cos JFK is not going to look after team affairs, FFS what a nonsense, his win record is only one place better than the worst ever manager of NUFC, Ardiles.

WTF are this lot on, we are supposed to be looking at the likes of Robson, Hoddle and Venables, where's the 5 year plan, surely there would be a contingency plan, better still go and get amanager like Bruce and pay the settlement figure, it just might be worth it.

Calderwood and Hughton are not the answer, what have either of these achieved in management?

Starting to mention on Setanta this morning that Dennis Wise may reluctantly come to the rescue of Newcastle.

Because

1. "He is a ready made manager already on the payroll"

2. "It will allow him and the fans to bond, particularly if it goes well"

Discuss

So what would happen if the team runs out lead by Dennis?

Whay would happen if he went on a 10 match unbeaten run and got us into Europe?

:lol:

Will there ever be a boy born who can swim faster than a shark?

Starting to mention on Setanta this morning that Dennis Wise may reluctantly come to the rescue of Newcastle.

Because

Discuss

Seems unlikely. It would involve coming out of hiding for a start.

I can't see Wise taking it but then again he's such a horrible, spiteful, vindictive little cunt he might do it to get us back.

I still reckon Poyet will be next permanent manager. If it's Wise I'll spontaneously combust with rage.

Because

Discuss

;)

I personally wouldn't mind Wise. At least that way he'd have to show his little face. If he did well, I could handle it, if he did shit then it would be harder to keep him at the club.

Because

Discuss

;)

I personally wouldn't mind Wise. At least that way he'd have to show his little face. If he did well, I could handle it, if he did shit then it would be harder to keep him at the club.

I see where you're coming from - he's basically manager anyway so let him do the job and face the music / take the credit. I think he'd be a disaster like and Ashley / Llambias might have too much pig-headed pride to give him the bullet before it's too late.

Edited by alex

Wise has done nothing as a manager. Six months with Swindon, then left to relegate Leeds. A good start in the third division till Poyet left, after which their form dropped. Then he jumped ship for Ashley, reportedly because he didn't like being based up north.

Plus he's a complete twat of a man. The Leeds fans hated him by the end. He's only where he is because he's Ashley's pal, probably the only one who knows anything about football. The only reason my head hasn't exploded at the thought of him taking over is that I'm fairly confident he won't.

Incidentally, I wonder how it would sit with Hughton if Poyet came in, since it was GP who Hughton was sacked for.

No doubt money would have been part of it and I can't remember anything direct from him about wanting to be based down south - it was just what was being reported at the time.

Anyway that bit was just embellishment: my main point was that he's done nowt as a manager.

No doubt money would have been part of it and I can't remember anything direct from him about wanting to be based down south - it was just what was being reported at the time.

Anyway that bit was just embellishment: my main point was that he's done nowt as a manager.

He hasn't. He hasn't done a lot as DoF either :lol:

He hasn't. He hasn't done a lot as DoF either :lol:

Rather mixed as far as first-teamers go isn't it? It's a frustrating thought that the players Keegan was happy with (Jonas, Colo, Guthrie, Bassong) have on the whole done well, while the players that led to him leaving (Gonzales, Xisco) have done fuck all. What a waste.

Jury's still out on Taylor, Nolan and the young 'uns. And a relegation battle is obviously not in his favour.

Edited by Big Onion